HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Gus is here to stay!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2013, 06:07 PM
  #151
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,175
vCash: 515
I think Tatar is available for the right things right now though. Gus rightfully should not really be for sale, though I am sure they would listen on almost everyone on this team. Could actually see them shopping Tatar though with a contract they don't want to make it happen for a nice player but one people probably would not be enamored with.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 06:07 PM
  #152
THW
Registered User
 
THW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
I can smell a Tatar/Smith/Andersson trade. I would rather have Tats than Miller/Eaves/Sammy/Cleary, but they have almost negative trade value right now.

THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:14 PM
  #153
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,527
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by THW View Post
I can smell a Tatar/Smith/Andersson trade.
Maybe at next season, when this team could need some experience.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:30 PM
  #154
Vladdy84
Clears For 4 More
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 500
Gotta love the idea of the Wings trading a player like Tatar who they have developed for 4+ years, was a 2nd round pick, has 25+ goal potential just because Holland and Babcock are not willing to get rid of a useless player on an expiring deal that could perhaps be the worst player in the league.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:31 PM
  #155
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Gotta love the idea of the Wings trading a player like Tatar who they have developed for 4+ years, was a 2nd round pick, has 25+ goal potential just because Holland and Babcock are not willing to get rid of a useless player on an expiring deal that could perhaps be the worst player in the league.
If they can get good value out of the trade, why not?

Is the only time to trade a player when they have no value?

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:39 PM
  #156
Vladdy84
Clears For 4 More
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
If they can get good value out of the trade, why not?

Is the only time to trade a player when they have no value?
What would you consider good value?

Tatar appears to be an NHL ready top 6 player. How many other prospects other than Nyquist can you say that about? If the Wings were a contending team and were gonna trade Tatar to another team for a player that would put them over the top. I'd consider that. That's not the case here. Clock is ticking on Datsyuk and Z with no replacements in sight. The notion of trade Tatar is crazy talk and not sensible at all. However, if you can give me a proposal that would help the team when this year by trading Tatar, I'm all ears.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:43 PM
  #157
SimplySolace
Registered User
 
SimplySolace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
What would you consider good value?

Tatar appears to be an NHL ready top 6 player. How many other prospects other than Nyquist can you say that about? If the Wings were a contending team and were gonna trade Tatar to another team for a player that would put them over the top. I'd consider that. That's not the case here. Clock is ticking on Datsyuk and Z with no replacements in sight. The notion of trade Tatar is crazy talk and not sensible at all. However, if you can give me a proposal that would help the team when this year by trading Tatar, I'm all ears.
Tatar, Tootoo, Kindl for Edler. *Shrug*

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:50 PM
  #158
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,086
vCash: 500
trading tatar for anything but a top 2/3 dman or top 3/4 forward would be assine

of course not one for one but in a pckg deal

trading a young player from a team that is too old for an older depth player is akin to deliberately attempting to sink the detroit red wings

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:52 PM
  #159
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
What would you consider good value?

Tatar appears to be an NHL ready top 6 player. How many other prospects other than Nyquist can you say that about? If the Wings were a contending team and were gonna trade Tatar to another team for a player that would put them over the top. I'd consider that. That's not the case here. Clock is ticking on Datsyuk and Z with no replacements in sight. The notion of trade Tatar is crazy talk and not sensible at all. However, if you can give me a proposal that would help the team when this year by trading Tatar, I'm all ears.
I don't know anyone specifically, but I am not going to pull out a blanket "Don't trade Tatar" statement when he has value and could be used for a trade to help the team.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 07:58 PM
  #160
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,175
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
What would you consider good value?

Tatar appears to be an NHL ready top 6 player. How many other prospects other than Nyquist can you say that about? If the Wings were a contending team and were gonna trade Tatar to another team for a player that would put them over the top. I'd consider that. That's not the case here. Clock is ticking on Datsyuk and Z with no replacements in sight. The notion of trade Tatar is crazy talk and not sensible at all. However, if you can give me a proposal that would help the team when this year by trading Tatar, I'm all ears.
I would move Tatar and Quincey for Tlusty, who is supposedly on the open market, think he would get along swimmingly with Datsyuk and he is defensively responsible and offensively responsible with the puck in a way that Tatar isn't going to be. I don't know that they would do it, but these are ideas.

I just don't believe they are keeping both Tatar and Nyquist with Babs as head coach. We will see, but I am way more protective of Nyquist in this scenario and if the right deal comes about for Tatar we should really think about it. The one I listed might be too much going to Carolina, but the point was there are things out there that could get this going.

What about

Quincey, Sammy, Tatar and a pick or maybe another prospect

for

Gleason and Tlusty

That has to be interesting in some of the holes it fixes while addressing the cap.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:00 PM
  #161
Vladdy84
Clears For 4 More
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
I don't know anyone specifically, but I am not going to pull out a blanket "Don't trade Tatar" statement when he has value and could be used for a trade to help the team.
Ya know, I'm not totally opposed to trading him for the right deal for a really good player to help the Top 6. Of course he has value, but if he had been used properly from Game 1, his value would be even higher. I hate the idea of, oh we can't waive Cleary, Andersson or trade Sammy. But hey, Let's trade Tatar because the Wings have a roster/cap crunch! It goes against everyhing Holland has said about the future and the prospects etc due to blind loyalty to inferior players that are not in the plans for the coming years.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:01 PM
  #162
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I would move Tatar and Quincey for Tlusty, who is supposedly on the open market, think he would get along swimmingly with Datsyuk and he is defensively responsible and offensively responsible with the puck in a way that Tatar isn't going to be.
really?

nah just keep tatar

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
  #163
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please
 
ArGarBarGar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 24,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Ya know, I'm not totally opposed to trading him for the right deal for a really good player to help the Top 6. Of course he has value, but if he had been used properly from Game 1, his value would be even higher. I hate the idea of, oh we can't waive Cleary, Andersson or trade Sammy. But hey, Let's trade Tatar because the Wings have a roster/cap crunch! It goes against everyhing Holland has said about the future and the prospects etc due to blind loyalty to inferior players that are not in the plans for the coming years.
None of those players are in equal situations.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 08:09 PM
  #164
Vladdy84
Clears For 4 More
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I would move Tatar and Quincey for Tlusty, who is supposedly on the open market, think he would get along swimmingly with Datsyuk and he is defensively responsible and offensively responsible with the puck in a way that Tatar isn't going to be. I don't know that they would do it, but these are ideas.

I just don't believe they are keeping both Tatar and Nyquist with Babs as head coach. We will see, but I am way more protective of Nyquist in this scenario and if the right deal comes about for Tatar we should really think about it. The one I listed might be too much going to Carolina, but the point was there are things out there that could get this going.

What about

Quincey, Sammy, Tatar and a pick or maybe another prospect

for

Gleason and Tlusty

That has to be interesting in some of the holes it fixes while addressing the cap.
Not saying that's a bad proposal. I'm not that familiar with Tlusty. I'm guilty of this as well. Just throwing in players like Quincey and Sammy in proposals. I don't see Carolina doing that deal. We may hate Quincey, which is well warranted. Do not see him getting moved. Also, Sammy has a NTC. You really think he wants to go to Carolina and compete for nothing? At least try sending him to a warm climate or a place he's lived before.

Vladdy84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:12 PM
  #165
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,175
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Not saying that's a bad proposal. I'm not that familiar with Tlusty. I'm guilty of this as well. Just throwing in players like Quincey and Sammy in proposals. I don't see Carolina doing that deal. We may hate Quincey, which is well warranted. Do not see him getting moved. Also, Sammy has a NTC. You really think he wants to go to Carolina and compete for nothing? At least try sending him to a warm climate or a place he's lived before.
Unless Sammy has decided he is retiring it is something he should be considering, has a chance to maybe turn his performance down there into into another couple million bucks. They have to take them for cap concerns, Rutherford was a part of the brain trust that picked Quincey for the World Championships a couple years ago, maybe he wants him I don't know.

The point we are getting at was I don't think Tatar is untouchable. If the right deal comes along that makes sense he will probably be moved.

Tlusty doesn't generate a lot of offense by himself, but he is good along the boards, pops in garbage goals and has a good shot, though not a huge fan of his release. In any case he is struggling along with Staal and Semin, but in a large part because he is their board guy and the guy that is supposed to get open. Maybe he is a one year wonder, but I like putting him with Datsyuk and I like what he brings this team in terms of sound play and above average play on the board. Plus he has RFA control, if he is in fact available we should be calling. Problem is they want a PMD, probably left-handed so that is good for us, but we don't have one to return Tlusty even in his slump, so we have to add.

Tlusty is a 26 year old winger
Gleason a 30 year old stay at home D-man

They are not awful pieces and both look to be expendable if you put the right package together.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:41 PM
  #166
Melbourne Ice
Happy Happy Happy!
 
Melbourne Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Melbourne Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Stupid. Sammy hasn't been terrible. No cap relief waiving him either.
Don't care, the benefits are:

1. a roster space opens up
2. Sammy's a** is gone

Melbourne Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 10:58 PM
  #167
LeighDx13
Registered User
 
LeighDx13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hockeytown USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
First off, wooooo to Gus staying! figured it would take longer, but happy it didn't.

As for the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Andersson moved. Just move Abdelkader to the fourth line center role to replace him. Wouldn't mind Miller being moved either. Id be shocked to see Cleary move, it would be a happy shock though

LeighDx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 11:02 PM
  #168
SimplySolace
Registered User
 
SimplySolace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighDx13 View Post
First off, wooooo to Gus staying! figured it would take longer, but happy it didn't.

As for the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Andersson moved. Just move Abdelkader to the fourth line center role to replace him. Wouldn't mind Miller being moved either. Id be shocked to see Cleary move, it would be a happy shock though
Babcock doesn't like Abby playing center

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 11:19 PM
  #169
The Zermanator
In Nyquist We Trust
 
The Zermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Unless Sammy has decided he is retiring it is something he should be considering, has a chance to maybe turn his performance down there into into another couple million bucks. They have to take them for cap concerns, Rutherford was a part of the brain trust that picked Quincey for the World Championships a couple years ago, maybe he wants him I don't know.

The point we are getting at was I don't think Tatar is untouchable. If the right deal comes along that makes sense he will probably be moved.

Tlusty doesn't generate a lot of offense by himself, but he is good along the boards, pops in garbage goals and has a good shot, though not a huge fan of his release. In any case he is struggling along with Staal and Semin, but in a large part because he is their board guy and the guy that is supposed to get open. Maybe he is a one year wonder, but I like putting him with Datsyuk and I like what he brings this team in terms of sound play and above average play on the board. Plus he has RFA control, if he is in fact available we should be calling. Problem is they want a PMD, probably left-handed so that is good for us, but we don't have one to return Tlusty even in his slump, so we have to add.

Tlusty is a 26 year old winger
Gleason a 30 year old stay at home D-man

They are not awful pieces and both look to be expendable if you put the right package together.
This is gonna sound crazy but I'm bored so here goes.

Put together a huge package for Lindholm. They want a PMD so:

Smith, Tatar, Janmark-Nylen, Frk, Paterson, Quincey, Tootoo + 2014 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd rd pick

for

Lindholm and Gleason

Wings give up a LOT of talent but this still leaves them with a lot prospect wise at every position while adding that elite centre prospect they're missing.

Nyquist-Lindholm-Mantha
Jurco-Jarnkrok-Pulkinnen
Athanasiou-Sheahan-Ferraro
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Nastasiuk
Callahan

Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-DeKeyser
Almquist-Marchenko
Jensen

Mrazek

Insane prospect depth.


Last edited by The Zermanator: 11-22-2013 at 11:29 PM.
The Zermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 12:01 AM
  #170
SimplySolace
Registered User
 
SimplySolace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsfan24 View Post
This is gonna sound crazy but I'm bored so here goes.

Put together a huge package for Lindholm. They want a PMD so:

Smith, Tatar, Janmark-Nylen, Frk, Paterson, Quincey, Tootoo + 2014 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd rd pick

for

Lindholm and Gleason
When was the last time a team gave up that many pieces in one trade?

SimplySolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 12:45 AM
  #171
robertguess2013
Registered User
 
robertguess2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
When was the last time a team gave up that many pieces in one trade?
thank god cause that might be one of worst proposals ive ever seen.

Lindholm is good but karlsson? I dont think so.

So I am not giving up great prospects which he put in and draft choices high ones just insane and leave nylen out of all craziness in the future please. At least till we see what we have exactly and he has some AHL time.

Daaaammmmm


edit ::: and he wasnt even talking about the D guy who is looking like might be a superstar he is talking a kid played 10 games scored 2 points lol and sent back down for seasoning?

Why not just add d and z to this too wow. Talk about over rating someone.


Last edited by robertguess2013: 11-23-2013 at 12:50 AM.
robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 12:46 AM
  #172
Pavels Dog
Registered User
 
Pavels Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,484
vCash: 500
I would package Tatar in a trade for an Enstrom/Edler or that kind of proven top 4 d-man. Not a kid, but someone that can step in right away and make an improvement to our D.

Anything less and no way I'd part with Tatar. I think he's been good, just doesn't seem too confident at the moment. I really think a someone-Helm-Tatar 3rd line can be huge for us. Nyquist is further ahead in maturity. Tatar will hopefully cut down on rookie mistakes as the year goes on.

Pavels Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 12:58 AM
  #173
robertguess2013
Registered User
 
robertguess2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsfan24 View Post
This is gonna sound crazy but I'm bored so here goes.

Put together a huge package for Lindholm. They want a PMD so:

Smith, Tatar, Janmark-Nylen, Frk, Paterson, Quincey, Tootoo + 2014 1st rd pick and 2015 2nd rd pick

for

Lindholm and Gleason

Wings give up a LOT of talent but this still leaves them with a lot prospect wise at every position while adding that elite centre prospect they're missing.

Nyquist-Lindholm-Mantha
Jurco-Jarnkrok-Pulkinnen
Athanasiou-Sheahan-Ferraro
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Nastasiuk
Callahan

Ouellet-Sproul
Backman-DeKeyser
Almquist-Marchenko
Jensen

Mrazek

Insane prospect depth.

Do you think lindholm is crosby or something? I mean I will keep nylen tatar and my two picks. probably frk too see if he can come around

If we could trade for gleason with smith and quincey add tootoo I would consider it but honestly am unsure he is not hit his decline doubt he is the guy from 2 years ago anymore hitting blocks etc.. Dont see him those types of numbers so figure by time he runs his contract out he could wind up a quincey or worst a injury bug guy.

Just saying would be a big risk so would look for younger or a one year deal guy.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 08:56 AM
  #174
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indagloryhole
Country: United States
Posts: 10,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post






Pissed that it took this long but sooo happy to have him up full time now. Also KH said that some of the veteran signings he made haven't turned out like he thought so maybe Sammy and/or Cleary are the ones to be jettisoned from the roster
Did hell freeze over??

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:15 AM
  #175
Boomhower
Registered User
 
Boomhower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySolace View Post
Babcock doesn't like Abby playing center
Nor should Babcock. Abdelkader has had his chances at centre and proven he can't play the position. He is atleast marginally effective as depth/energy winger.

I do agree with the premise of getting rid of Andersson... even if it means simply waiving him. His skill set is marginal at best.

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.