HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Jtown

vCash: 500
After watching the games tonight I was really impressed with Parker. I've never seen a more polished freshman in my life. His game reminds me a ton of kobe. However he is not a great athlete infact id say he is a below avg athlete and that could be a problem for him in the future.

Old
11-13-2013, 12:20 AM
LegionOfDoom91

I'm not a big basketball guy but I remember a few years ago when Parker was like a sophomore or something in high school SI had a featured article on him being the next big thing. My question is was Wiggins an unknown commodity at that point because he was from Canada or did he just blow up recently?

Old
11-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Yeah Wiggins actually started high school up in Canada for two years before coming to the US for his other two. I'm sure that's why he wasn't as talked about as Parker who was a star in Chicago from his freshman year game one.The first time I heard about wiggins was due to his time at the Lebron James skills academy in 2011.

Old
11-16-2013, 09:40 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

The Panzer is at full strength.

Old
11-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
The Panzer is at full strength.

Call in more tanks bro!!! Hahaha

Old
11-20-2013, 10:00 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I see the tank is picking up steam.....let's get that high pick and build the right way!

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ds_Bottom.html

Old
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 8m

Philadelphia has waived Kwame Brown and Darius Morris, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Old
11-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 8m

Philadelphia has waived Kwame Brown and Darius Morris, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
Now lets trade ET, Hawes, and Thad.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Sixers are on pace to select Mitch McGary with the 13th pick....

...seriously

Old
11-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post

...seriously
This team is trolling us. There is no other explanation.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Quote:

...seriously
When Ridnour missed his first free throw I told my brother the Sixers were going to win it in OT. I literally had no reaction when Hawes buried that 3 at the end of the 4th.

Old
11-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
When Ridnour missed his first free throw I told my brother the Sixers were going to win it in OT. I literally had no reaction when Hawes buried that 3 at the end of the 4th.
It's honestly mind-boggling. Hinkie needs to sell high on these guys who are not gonna be a part of the future. (Hawes, turner, etc.)

Sick of being mediocre and this constructed team has mediocre written all over it (based on how terrible the eastern conference and division are).

Old
11-23-2013, 12:16 AM
FLYguy3911

The Jazz are running away with the race. As bad as the Bucks are, they are missing Larry Sanders who is a big presence for them and Brandon Knight. Mayo and Ilysova are good players. Butler still has his moments like tonight. Larry Drew is a decent coach. I still think they are a better team. The Jazz on the other hand have a bunch of young talented guys, but no go to guy. Not to mention they play in the Western Conference. Don't see them pulling out too many wins. The Nets and Knicks, however overrated they may be, will string it together at some point.

As for the Sixers, I keep telling myself they can't keep this up, yet they find miraculous ways to pull out wins. 20+ turnovers a game, double digit deficits, high volume 3's allowed. They have a bunch of misfits and castoffs on the second unit (I have always liked Wroten though) who played out of their mind today. They've hit clutch contested 3-pointers to force OT (MCW, Anderson, Hawes). Hawes and Turner have been playing like All-Stars.

On the other hand if you look at their wins they beat the Heat without Wade, Rockets without Harden, a marginal Wizards team, a shorthanded Bucks team, and an underachieving Cavs team. Only 1 win on the road. As odd as it sounds, I do think the Sixers have a home court advantage at the WFC. There's nothing that will cause a visiting team to come out more flat than seeing a 1,000 people in the stands against a team that was pegged by Vegas to be historically bad.

As far as the trades, I highly doubt we see anything until February. One, you'll get more value as you have more leverage closer to the deadline and two, you send a bad message to the team (not that I care, but it does send a bad message). Hinkie will have some ammunition to move up in the draft if they screw this season up, but it will be hard to pry a top-3 pick from a needy franchise in need of a potential superstar.

I keep telling myself they can't keep this up, yet they stay in most every game, and pulls wins out of their ass. It's really tough to watch games. It's sickening. I root so hard for them to fail. /rant

Old
11-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
The Jazz are running away with the race. As bad as the Bucks are, they are missing Larry Sanders who is a big presence for them and Brandon Knight. Mayo and Ilysova are good players. Butler still has his moments like tonight. Larry Drew is a decent coach. I still think they are a better team. The Jazz on the other hand have a bunch of young talented guys, but no go to guy. Not to mention they play in the Western Conference. Don't see them pulling out too many wins. The Nets and Knicks, however overrated they may be, will string it together at some point.

As for the Sixers, I keep telling myself they can't keep this up, yet they find miraculous ways to pull out wins. 20+ turnovers a game, double digit deficits, high volume 3's allowed. They have a bunch of misfits and castoffs on the second unit (I have always liked Wroten though) who played out of their mind today. They've hit clutch contested 3-pointers to force OT (MCW, Anderson, Hawes). Hawes and Turner have been playing like All-Stars.

On the other hand if you look at their wins they beat the Heat without Wade, Rockets without Harden, a marginal Wizards team, a shorthanded Bucks team, and an underachieving Cavs team. Only 1 win on the road. As odd as it sounds, I do think the Sixers have a home court advantage at the WFC. There's nothing that will cause a visiting team to come out more flat than seeing a 1,000 people in the stands against a team that was pegged by Vegas to be historically bad.

As far as the trades, I highly doubt we see anything until February. One, you'll get more value as you have more leverage closer to the deadline and two, you send a bad message to the team (not that I care, but it does send a bad message). Hinkie will have some ammunition to move up in the draft if they screw this season up, but it will be hard to pry a top-3 pick from a needy franchise in need of a potential superstar.

I keep telling myself they can't keep this up, yet they stay in most every game, and pulls wins out of their ass. It's really tough to watch games. It's sickening. I root so hard for them to fail. /rant
I just fear that this team will play like a mediocre team, with Hawes and Turner. Waiting until February is risky because I could see them being in the 7th/8th spot with this current team. (how bad the East is right now)

Just frustrating to watch knowing that this team needs a super-star to be relevant and we can't even tank right for a draft with SO much talent...

I thought teams like the Nets, Knicks, Cavs, and Wizards, would be MUCH better than they are showing.

Old
11-23-2013, 05:58 AM
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers

Trade deadline come sooner please.

Old
11-23-2013, 10:41 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

I have to agree ..this team doesnt seem to want to play above or below mediocrity...

Old
11-23-2013, 11:52 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
I just fear that this team will play like a mediocre team, with Hawes and Turner. Waiting until February is risky because I could see them being in the 7th/8th spot with this current team. (how bad the East is right now)

Just frustrating to watch knowing that this team needs a super-star to be relevant and we can't even tank right for a draft with SO much talent...

I thought teams like the Nets, Knicks, Cavs, and Wizards, would be MUCH better than they are showing.

I know man. It's not what I want either, but that's what I think will happen.

Old
11-24-2013, 02:18 AM
FLYguy3911

This team simply hangs in too many games to finish with a horrible record. They did it again tonight. Down their starting front court and sixth man they hung in with the best team in the league right now. They also overcame another 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter falling short in the final minutes.

Old
11-24-2013, 02:43 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
This team simply hangs in too many games to finish with a horrible record. They did it again tonight. Down their starting front court and sixth man they hung in with the best team in the league right now. They also overcame another 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter falling short in the final minutes.
If they can do this with the team they have now, imagine what they could do with an actual good team. I don't think they'll be getting a top 5 pick unless they go on some huge losing streak.

Old
11-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

I know we're all freaking out about not getting a top 3 pick; and rightfully so after watching those three fabulous freshman and how the Sixers are exceeding expectations. But there is a lot that is going in the Sixers favor:

-Great coach
-Smart GM with a goal
-Nobody on the active roster is over 25 years old
-Drafted MCW 11th who is the favorite for ROY
-Moultrie will be back this year
-Noel is coming next year
-Traded essentially nothing for good bench player in Wroten
-Misfits Orton and Anderson may be worth keeping
-Have up to three valuable trade pieces (Turner, Young, Hawes)
-Will most likely have two 1st rounders in the upcoming draft
-Have three 2nd rounders in the upcoming draft
-Extreme salary cap flexibility
-New practice facility will be built

So it's not the end of the world if we don't get one of the freshman big three, but man it would be epic. I wrote all of that just to put my own mind at ease lol.

Old
11-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Phunhog

Are NBA T-shirt Jerseys the worst uniform introduction since the futuristic baseball jerseys from the late 1990's?

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordp...?w=1800&h=1230

Old
11-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
I know we're all freaking out about not getting a top 3 pick; and rightfully so after watching those three fabulous freshman and how the Sixers are exceeding expectations. But there is a lot that is going in the Sixers favor:

-Great coach
-Smart GM with a goal
-Nobody on the active roster is over 25 years old
-Drafted MCW 11th who is the favorite for ROY
-Moultrie will be back this year
-Noel is coming next year
-Traded essentially nothing for good bench player in Wroten
-Misfits Orton and Anderson may be worth keeping
-Have up to three valuable trade pieces (Turner, Young, Hawes)
-Will most likely have two 1st rounders in the upcoming draft
-Have three 2nd rounders in the upcoming draft
-Extreme salary cap flexibility
-New practice facility will be built

So it's not the end of the world if we don't get one of the freshman big three, but man it would be epic. I wrote all of that just to put my own mind at ease lol.
Respect you optimism, I just believe this team needs a top 4 pick to put them over the edge in having a true core to build around. You do make all good points, which can make everyone feel a LITTLE better, lol.

Old
11-24-2013, 08:58 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Respect you optimism, I just believe this team needs a top 4 pick to put them over the edge in having a true core to build around. You do make all good points, which can make everyone feel a LITTLE better, lol.
This is how I feel. I have a lot of confidence in Hinkie/Brown. But how much better would this team look with one of those studs to build around? I guess I'd rather have them win in the beginning of the year and miss out on the pick than be in position and go on a late season run to ruin their position (a la the Flyers).

Old
12-01-2013, 08:50 PM
FLYguy3911

Anthony Davis suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left hand today. Sucks for him and the Pelicans. He was playing great. Good new for the Sixers though.

Old
12-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Anthony Davis suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left hand today. Sucks for him and the Pelicans. He was playing great. Good new for the Sixers though.
That should easily put us in the 6-10 pick range.

Closed Thread