HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francis "Bobby Orr" Bouillon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2013, 12:25 PM
  #26
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorehabs View Post
Boullion practiced as top 4 dman today at practice.

Markov- Subban
Gorges-Boullion
Murray-Diaz
Emelin not practicing?

I'm looking at those pairings and trying to divine who MT will drop as it would make sense that Emelin would slot into that position.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 12:25 PM
  #27
muzion
Registered User
 
muzion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St-Hubert, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Somehow he was pretty good in Nashville, but he's played like a 7th D on both of his stints with the Habs.

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:41 AM
  #28
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
It's mind-boggling that since the 2011-12 season, Francis Bouillon has played 129:01 on the PP and has registered a total of one assist. Last night Emelin, with 48 seconds of PP time, equaled that production.

Tonight if Cube plays on the PP it's just outrageous. (He should not even be in the lineup IMO, used judiciously, Murray can add much needed toughness.)

Anyway the fact that Bouillon finally sat even one game is a glimmer of hope. Is it possible MT will start using reason regarding Cube on the PP?

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:49 AM
  #29
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
It's mind-boggling that since the 2011-12 season, Francis Bouillon has played 129:01 on the PP and has registered a total of one assist. Last night Emelin, with 48 seconds of PP time, equaled that production.

Tonight if Cube plays on the PP it's just outrageous. (He should not even be in the lineup IMO, used judiciously, Murray can add much needed toughness.)

Anyway the fact that Bouillon finally sat even one game is a glimmer of hope. Is it possible MT will start using reason regarding Cube on the PP?
Personnally I'd play Plekanec on the point on the PP instead. And Bouillon as th 6th dman with limited icetime.

Murray is just painful to watch. Not a NHL caliber player.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:01 AM
  #30
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,156
vCash: 500
Some problems aren't his fault as he's getting some heat for playing PP#2 while his stubborn coach thinks it's his place. Bouillon is a okay #6-#7 that should spend some time from the ice to the stands. The day we become a much better team, he has no room. Until then....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:56 AM
  #31
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Personnally I'd play Plekanec on the point on the PP instead. And Bouillon as th 6th dman with limited icetime.

Murray is just painful to watch. Not a NHL caliber player.
Remember JM tried Plex on the PP a few years back and it didn't work so well. Emelin can stop the puck, has a hard slapper, and is strong enough to make a nice pass without telegraphing it. So why wouldn't you put him there?

As for Murray I constantly hear people saying how awful they think he is. I watch and sorry I don't see it. Is he as mobile as Diaz? Lol of course not. But Diaz isn't anywhere near as good at clearing the crease, hitting, intimidating, fighting. Murray has a role and should play ~10min IMO.

Anyway regularly playing Cube on the PP over Emelin does not make any sense, I'm guessing you agree with that. Just wondering if MT will make an adjustment tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Some problems aren't his fault as he's getting some heat for playing PP#2 while his stubborn coach thinks it's his place. Bouillon is a okay #6-#7 that should spend some time from the ice to the stands. The day we become a much better team, he has no room. Until then....
Yeah I don't blame Cube for the way MT's using him. Actually Cube is fairly versatile IMO, a good 7th to fill in when someone needs a rest or gets banged up.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:13 AM
  #32
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Personnally I'd play Plekanec on the point on the PP instead. And Bouillon as th 6th dman with limited icetime.

Murray is just painful to watch. Not a NHL caliber player.
Not really. He at least knows he sucks. There's nothing more infuriating than a player thinking they're great and trying to do way too much compared to their actual skill level like Bouillon does. Even worse, Therrien keeps playing him like he's that ****ing great.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:19 AM
  #33
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,327
vCash: 500
Worst player on the team since Patrick Traverse

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:32 AM
  #34
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Well i'll say this for Bouillon: he's got one good thing going for him: he's taller than DD!
Plus he leads the league in the category of best unexplained perpetual tan.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:43 AM
  #35
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Plus he leads the league in the category of best unexplained perpetual tan.
You know his father is Haitian right?

EDIT: Of course you knew, how did I miss the sarcasm smiley sorry. NYC-born, American citizen, Cube is one of a kind for sure!


Last edited by JLP: 11-23-2013 at 11:59 AM.
JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:43 AM
  #36
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Worst player on the team since Patrick Traverse
Not even close. Come on. Patrick Traverse was one of the worst hockey players I've ever seen. He was a beer-leaguer playing in the NHL.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 12:40 PM
  #37
Runner77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
You know his father is Haitian right?

EDIT: Of course you knew, how did I miss the sarcasm smiley sorry. NYC-born, American citizen, Cube is one of a kind for sure!
Actually had not looked into his background. Just thought it was a gift of nature. Thanks for the background info. He's got great skin color, now I know why.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.