View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Pfft

vCash: 50
Never been to a Bruins game but I'm thinking of catching tonight's contest against Vancouver, as I'm kind of in the area for a hike. Would the best route from Wachusett be I-90 and I-93? Minimizing traffic would be a great plus, as I'd be heading back after the game. Any inexpensive(or free!) parking that's within 45 minutes of the arena by foot or via public transportation? Also, should I expect nosebleed tickets to be available at the gate? If so, which sections are preferable?

Edit: the trip fell through but the info would still be useful the next time the Canucks are in town, which is...

Last edited by Pfft: 12-21-2006 at 05:35 AM. Reason: visit postponed
Old
12-21-2006, 02:21 PM
primetime

vCash: 500
If you happen to be going to Boston for a weekend (maybe catching a Saturday game), and you're hockey crazy, check if BC or BU are playing at home that Friday night. You should be able to get tickets cheap at the door unless it's a huge, sell out game (BC-BU, for instance). If that fails, try Northeastern. Their hockey isn't bad either.

Old
12-21-2006, 03:30 PM
bruinmann77

thanks Hockguy 14
much appreciated

Old
12-26-2006, 07:52 AM
bruinmann77

got my christnas gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
thanks Hockguy 14
much appreciated

going to boston to see them aganist the rangers march 24

Old
12-26-2006, 11:58 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
I'm coming down in January (20th) for the Sens-Bruins game. There are 4 of who will be proudly wearing our Sens jerseys in row 5, Loge 20. Everybody try to contain their excitement!!

I do have a few questions that I hope people could help me (us) out with:

1) We are leaving on the Friday (19). It's about a 6-7 hour drive from Ottawa. With Friday night traffic, what time should we try to get into Boston for to avoid the nasty rush hour? We are staying at the Marriot right downtown
Boston's traffic is bad more often than not - it's worst during the "stereotypical" rush hours (7:30 - 9:00 am, 4:00 - 6:00 pm) but downtown is always kind of a debacle.

Quote:
2) We're all 26, so the age limit is not a problem. We'll want to hit up some bars/clubs, but I suspect we won't want to go to a bar that has a nasty line-up or is overpacked because we'll have no hook-ups. Anything in Harvard we could check out or in the downtown area that anyone could recommend??
It really depends on what you like for a scene. In Harvard Square, I really like Charlie's Kitchen (upstairs). It's kind of a dive bar, but it has the best jukebox in the city. If you want a classier place, the brewery that's in "the Garage" is nice. If you're taking the Red Line to Harvard Square, stop at Central Square as well. There's a ton of fun bars around there (the Middle East normally has decent live music). For places downtown or near the Garden, Faneuil Hall is normally a good place for a tourist to visit, or the always-mentioned Sports Grille & the Fours.

Quote:
3) I saw a few people recommend places to eat near the stadium. Are they friendly bars, or will we hear the riot act when we come in with our jerseys on?? I assure you we will be wearing them, so honesty would be great for us. We don't start crap like fights or anything like that, but we will get into debates about the teams (all in good taste/fun), so we want to go to a place that will 'embrace' us.
Boston - for the most part - is a safe place to wear visiting sweaters. Unless, of course, you happen to be wearing Flyers or Rangers gear ... but those fans deserve the ration of cr@p that they get.

Old
12-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

if your in town, then get dressed up (very) and make reservations for ken's steakhouse on rt9 in framingham, great food. if your from NE youve probably had their salad dressing too!

Old
12-28-2006, 06:22 PM
kentpittman

Going to Boston In March

Hey guys,
im going to boston in march to watch a pens bruins game

just wonderign whats the easiest way for me to get from the billerica to the arena because I hear traffic is really bad there

Old
12-29-2006, 06:51 AM
wensink

Quote:
going to boston to see them aganist the rangers march 24
That's cool, bruinmann77.

My wife got me the same present!!!

Five tickets to the B's - Rangers. I'm bringing the wife, 2 kids and my mom. She's a die-hard Ranger fan (but not an obnoxious one).

It will be my kids first Bruins game. I'm really excited for them!!

Old
12-29-2006, 09:03 AM
bruinmann77

that cool wensink
hopefully we can run into each other i be in section 139 row e
i staying from fri at the millinnum
where from ny are you from

Old
12-29-2006, 11:58 AM
wensink

Quote:
that cool wensink
hopefully we can run into each other i be in section 139 row e
i staying from fri at the millinnum
where from ny are you from
My wife must have put the tickets away (I can't find them)...I'll ask her what the section is. I haven't picked a Hotel yet. I know my wife & kids are asking for a pool. I need to find somewhere relatatively close to the Garden because my mom is coming and she can't walk too far.

I'm from the Bronx...lived there for most of my life (near Westchester Square Hospital...then Morris Park). Now I live in Putnam County.

Are you still in the Bronx?

Old
12-29-2006, 12:02 PM
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentpittman View Post
Hey guys,
im going to boston in march to watch a pens bruins game

just wonderign whats the easiest way for me to get from the billerica to the arena because I hear traffic is really bad there
There is a commuter rail station in Billerica and that train will take you straight into North Station which is a part of the Garden. If you plan on drinking afterward, just remember that the last train to Billerica from North Station is around midnight, if memory serves.

Old
12-29-2006, 12:04 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
There is a commuter rail station in Billerica and that train will take you straight into North Station which is a part of the Garden. If you plan on drinking afterward, just remember that the last train to Billerica from North Station is around midnight, if memory serves.
That's the part that has always confused me. They preech taking the T instead of drinking in driving, which makes plenty of sense, but then they shut down just about, if not all the trains in the Boston area around midnight!

So now if you take the train in, and stay at a bar until last call, you have to pay an arm and a leg for a cab ride home. And if you do it to Billerica, I'm sure it's over $50 bucks.

Old
12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
chippa13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
That's the part that has always confused me. They preech taking the T instead of drinking in driving, which makes plenty of sense, but then they shut down just about, if not all the trains in the Boston area around midnight!

So now if you take the train in, and stay at a bar until last call, you have to pay an arm and a leg for a cab ride home. And if you do it to Billerica, I'm sure it's over $50 bucks.
I'd have to be drunk to be taken to Billerica.

(Born and raised in Chelmsford so I might be a touch biased.)

Old
12-29-2006, 12:34 PM
bruinmann77

wen
small world
i grew up in Pelham Bay moved to Throggs neck after getting Married moved recently back to Pelham Bay Roberts Ave by the Buhre ave Station.
i am not sure which hotel has a pool but the Onyx is only a block and half away

Old
12-29-2006, 12:42 PM
wensink

Quote:
wen
small world
i grew up in Pelham Bay moved to Throggs neck after getting Married moved recently back to Pelham Bay Roberts Ave by the Buhre ave Station.
i am not sure which hotel has a pool but the Onyx is only a block and half away
Wow...I used to go and occassionally bartend at Popye's Pub (near the Pelham Bay Station).

I'll send you a PM...so we're not boring the rest of the board.

Old
12-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Just got my MTL vs. Boston tickets (march 22nd) ...looking forward to my first game in Boston. (4th row from the ice)
As a pregame warm up I will be watching them play in Detriot March 11.

Can't get enough....

Old
01-04-2007, 09:12 PM
DFENS44

Ahh...Billerica...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
I'd have to be drunk to be taken to Billerica.

(Born and raised in Chelmsford so I might be a touch biased.)
Somerville with trees..

Old
01-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Thats where I stayed as well.. its expensive (my dads best friend actually works in the hotel business so we got a fat discount) but its really nice and there are lots of places in walking distance.
I am going to look into this. Is there any other hotels that you recommend near this.

Kind of looking for the best are to be in Boston as a tourist. Never been there and will be drunk at night so I don't want to have a 1/2 cab ride after hours.
We are going for 2 nights and the one guy wants to see live rock bands.

Just not sure what area in Boston I should be looking at getting a hotel.

Old
01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
The Dopefish

I don't know if anybody's said this yet, but it must be said:

DON'T DRIVE INTO BOSTON.

Catch the T in some suburb if you're driving. Avoid the headache of driving in one of the worst cities to drive in, ever.

Old
01-05-2007, 10:48 PM
bruinmann77

bostonian right in fanuelli hall

Old
01-06-2007, 02:36 PM
BigBadBruins94

i will be in boston january 20 to see the games can you suggest a hotel near it thanks for your help.

Old
01-06-2007, 03:25 PM
BDOSFHLE

1/15 vs Buffalo

A few friends and I are doing our annual winter road-trip (doesn't sound safe, I know, almost got stuck in Philly last year.) We will be in Philly the 12th, then Long Island the 13th and then driving upto Boston on the 14th and going to the game on the 15th before driving home. We are going to fit 2 hockey games in no matter what cities. However, two of my friends are die-hard Sabres fans so we will be definitely going to that game. Had a few questions...

1) I know we would not have trouble walking upto an Isles game and getting tickets, but how is it for the Bruins? I know they have a lot more fan support. Online I can easily reserve some upper level tickets but if I could do the same at the box office then its not worth it. Also, are all the family 4 packs for the game sold out?

2) I've heard many good things about the food. One of the friends has been to the Fours. I believe we'll be staying in a cheaper hotel south of the city. Would it be impossible to just drive into the city and pay to park near the arena? Also, is a tour of Fenway worth it?

TIA

Old
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
bruinmann77

We are staying two days in boston foe the Ranger game and want to eat at a Good Italian Resturant In the North End.
would appreciate some help in Recomadations
thanks

Old
01-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Slick

I'm going tomorrow night, but I can't get through to the MBTA on the phone. The T stops at midnight, right? I'm probably going to walk from the Garden to Govt. Center and take it to Riverside where I'm parking. I should have time, no?

Old
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Beezy

Send a message via Yahoo to Beezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I'm going tomorrow night, but I can't get through to the MBTA on the phone. The T stops at midnight, right? I'm probably going to walk from the Garden to Govt. Center and take it to Riverside where I'm parking. I should have time, no?
I don't think you'll have any problems. I'm pretty sure the T goes until 1am. Game's over at 9:30, then an hour of drinking, leaves you plenty of time to get to Riverside. Check mbta.com for confirmation on subway hours though.

Closed Thread