HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another deal with Phx?

Old
12-29-2006, 09:11 AM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
If we get Doan or Comrie I'm pretty sure Perezhogin wil be included, it's one of my favorite player and I would be sad seeing him leaving...if not it's going to be a Kovalev type of trade, Locke + high pick vs Comrie, don't forget they are sellers not rubbers...they want young guys and picks. i wouldn't even trade Ryder for Doan right now... Ryder is good and for me is worth more than Doan acutally on the trade market.
I could accept a mid-level prospect or a 5th round pick for Comrie.

We don't really need Doan unless we get a bunch of injuries.

Ryder, however, could be trade bait for a Lecavalier or a Jokinen. You have to be willing to give up quality in return for star.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
True. The kid seems to have a boat load of talent, but maybe we should wait until he play a game or two in the NHL before saying he's better than guys that are already skating with the big boys.
I'm not saying he's a better player than Plekanec, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's better offensively, and would produce more than Plekanec. I think he'll be on the 2nd line by next season, cuz we can't afford a UFA center.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 10:31 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I'm not saying he's a better player than Plekanec, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's better offensively, and would produce more than Plekanec. I think he'll be on the 2nd line by next season, cuz we can't afford a UFA center.
I rather wait to see him for a few games before saying he'll do better than Plekanec offensively...

Not trying to take Plek's side here, but hey! no one mesh with Kovalev, they tried 'em all... and I don't see how Grabovski (as a rookie especially) will do better...

Although he's doing great, let's not forget that Grabovski doesnt even have a full AHL season under his belt yet...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 11:17 AM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

It's like a Fantasy Hockey Pool around here with everyone (almost) playing General Manager. I know it's fun to make fantasy trades, but Habs do not need to make a trade. No injuries....No Cancers....We're winning, (4th-5th best overall, 1st powerplay, 2nd PK a great mix of youth & vets, a HAPPY dressingroom, good chemistry, laughing, sticking up 4 one another) youth & skill in the minors (position of strength in case of possible trade) best puck moving team we've had in the past 20 years...........

I'm definetly not complaing about the HABS trade rumours because I love the speculations of any trades, but we are in a position of strength except for Dmen.

In this case, we have an abundance of 4-7 defencemen plus Markov-Komo-Souray,(who we must sign...) the rest, including Rivet will be let go or sacrificed...(keep Boullion,Streit and sign Rivet for the same or less)

After getting ready for a playoff run, we should be organising our D for next year, and that should be our priority.

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 12:14 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
This team is good enuff to make a run at the cup this year .

you make a deal or two before the deadline to put them in optimal position to go all the way .

Montreal has to go for it this season
The team's current record and UFA status of Markov and Souray means the Habs should indeed go for it this season, IMO. The difficulties are cap space and that we're still a two line team, at least with the current dispositon of our top six forwards. We can't even bring Lapierre up without removing someone from the payroll let alone aquiring someone at the trade deadline.
Single shift experiments aren't enough, we need to mix the top six forwards for longer periods to determine who's the oddman, if any.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
GSK*

Ladislav Nagy can LINEUP EVERYWHERE !

So Nagy can be our centre, he can score a bunch of goals, got good hand, he would be a good fit, same as Lang in Detroit !

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 12:21 PM
tinyzombies

Count me in for DOAN. While we're all shopping, why not throw in Boynton too?

Doan is another Kirk Muller potentially. Exactly the type of player we need.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote