HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline - im really bored - fantasy

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2004, 03:12 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

vCash: 500
Trade deadline - im really bored - fantasy

OK, I am really bored right now and this is what i would do to the oilers if it were possible. (I realize that the deals may not be perfect but i try) Of course picks and such will be needed as throw ins here and there.

1. My first move would be to fire Mactavish and hire Steve Ludzik...We would have to compensate someone to get him but who cares...

2. Trade Horcoff to Buffalo for Kalinin straight up. The Oilers have plenty 3rd/4th line guys and I think Kalinin would look amazing with the Oilers. Buffalo is generally weak down the middle and could use a guy like Horcoff. Salaries are generally the same as well.

3. Trade Smyth Phi's 1st Rita and Luoma to Minnesota for Gaborik. Pipe dream never will happen but I can always dream. Minnesota does not have very strong defence prospects so Luoma will help. Some other Smyth +++ package could work as well.

4. Smith, Isbister and a 3rdfor Modin and a 2nd. Modin is that guy we need on the team who knows how to find the back of the net. Tampa could use a hard nose verteran dman in Smith if they are planning a playoff run.

5. Trade Oates to a contender for a pick/prospect

6. Slowly teach Hemsky to play center. He plays like a center and I think he could be one.

Forwards
Modin-Hemsky-Gaborik
Torres-York-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Chimera
Salmelainen-Stoll-Laraque

Press box- Pisani

Defence
Brewer-Staios
Semenov-Ulanov
Kalinin-Cross

Press Box-Ferguson (Let Bergeron develop better defencive skills and bring him up in a few years)

Goalies
Salo
Conklin
JDD

Draft Picks-
1st
2nd
2nd
2nd-tampa
3rd...
+whatever recieved for oates...

Ok now you guys can rip it apart

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyFan#2: 01-22-2004 at 03:20 AM.
Old
01-22-2004, 03:24 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
not one good deal. Oilers either get killed or ***** in all of them.

Old
01-22-2004, 06:18 AM
Meanashell11

There is one good deal, trade Oates for a pick. It would be better than what we are gtting from him right now.

Old
01-22-2004, 07:30 AM
future consideration

No offense but Horcoff for Kalinin is laughable. Kalinin is pretty close to a untouchable in Buffalo.

Old
01-22-2004, 09:31 AM
H-Bear

1. Highly doubtful.
  2. Terrrible proposal. 4th line centre for a young top 4 d-man. If we want Kalinin, start thinking something like Smith, Chimera (at least).
  3. Won't even bother with value because this'll never happen. Minny's not trading away their franchise player.
  4. Ouch. We give up an awful lot for Modin here. I would walk away from this deal very quickly.
  5. If we are out of the playoffs, this is doable. A 4th-ish is what I would expect here.
  6. Well, with Ninimakii, Pouliot, et al. coming up the ranks, shouldn't we leave him where he is since we are weak on the right side anyhow? I certainly think so.

Last edited by H-Bear: 01-22-2004 at 09:32 AM. Reason: damn typos
Old
01-22-2004, 11:03 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Modin can find the back of the net?

The guys goal totals are 6, 16, 16, 22, 32, 14, 17 and has 14 this year. And you want to give up our best defenceman so far this year + more for him?

Wow... thank god Lowe is the GM.

Old
01-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Master Lok

Why do you like Steve Ludzik? I don't know very much about him...

Old
01-22-2004, 04:27 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Modin can find the back of the net?

The guys goal totals are 6, 16, 16, 22, 32, 14, 17 and has 14 this year. And you want to give up our best defenceman so far this year + more for him?

Wow... thank god Lowe is the GM.
An RFA and a marginal forward for a guy that can score 30 and has the PP shot as well as rushing ability that we need. I wouldn't offer as much as #2, but Modin would be an excellent pickup.

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 01-22-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old
01-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Mizral

Ludzig is the assistant in Florida. He's assured the head coaching job in Florida after this year. I don't think he'll go elsewhere, as when he's coach in Florida, he'll have the GM's full co-operation. Doubt he'd going anywhere.

Kalinen is worth much more than Horcoff, and Chimera to boot. I doubt you could get Kalinen for Smith at the moment. He's about as valuable to the Sabres as Torres is to the Oilers.

Not a big fan of Modin, though there have been Smith for Modin rumours this season at times.

Old
01-22-2004, 04:44 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
A UFA and a marginal forward for a guy that can score 30 and has the PP shot as well as rushing ability that we need. I wouldn't offer as much as #2, but Modin would be an excellent pickup.

For the last time, say it with me everyone...
SMITH IS NOT A UFA! Not unless he isn't signed by Sept whatever (CBA expires) and a new CBA changes the age of UFA eligibility.

And Isbister, has looked great recently, you are so pre-occupied with your pro Hemsky, pro Torres , Anti Salo posts after every game no matter how they play, that you have completely missed how much Isbister is doing for us out there. Once he works on his shot a bit he is going to be a ligit power forward.

I think we are giving up way to much for Modin...

Don't like it at all.

NOTE: Don't take this as a knock against Hemsky or Torres. Both are GREAT young players who I see on our first line for years.

And I like the Hemsky as a centre idea, I have though of that a few times as well. Does anyone know if he has ever played C? Maybe in the Q?

Last edited by s7ark: 01-22-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old
01-22-2004, 04:56 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
A UFA and a marginal forward for a guy that can score 30 and has the PP shot as well as rushing ability that we need. I wouldn't offer as much as #2, but Modin would be an excellent pickup.
He scored 30 once... Every other year save one, he has gotten less than 20 goals. And Smith isn't a UFA, nor will he be a UFA this summer under any circumstance.

Also, Modin is 29 right now... so you get a year out of him before he is a UFA...

NEXT!

Old
01-22-2004, 05:36 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

My offer would be more along the lines of Smith (and it should read RFA, edited) straight up or Horcoff+ a bunch.

Sign Modin to a multi-year.

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 01-22-2004 at 06:53 PM.
Closed Thread