HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goalie Situation

Old
11-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Giacomin

vCash: 500
The goalie situation is a good one

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:36 PM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollsylt View Post
Lundqvist should be backup starting from today. Talbot is the new #1.
a would be helpful here. Unless your serious. I really hope you meant to be sarcastic.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:37 PM
RoyalDuder

Quote:
I hope this is a joke. He played very well, but the King will always be our #1 and for good reason.

RoyalDuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:38 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanOnTheBeach View Post
I hope this is a joke. He played very well, but the King will always be our #1 and for good reason.
His username.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:38 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
Labarberra would be in the same situation as Asham is today.
Yeah, but who cares? He'd be our 3rd stringer. I'd rather have him on the team than Asham. We have absolutely zero depth in case of injury. What, do you really want Mission up here?

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:10 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, but who cares? He'd be our 3rd stringer. I'd rather have him on the team than Asham. We have absolutely zero depth in case of injury. What, do you really want Mission up here?
True I didn't thought about doomsday

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:40 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
We need another decent goalie in the organization for depth purposes. Otherwise, we're set for this season and next.

If Talbot continues to play well through next season you gotta figure he'll leave for a chance to start somewhere else.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:08 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We need another decent goalie in the organization for depth purposes. Otherwise, we're set for this season and next.

If Talbot continues to play well through next season you gotta figure he'll leave for a chance to start somewhere else.
Good point he isn't really young and we don't have his rights for much longer.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:53 AM
eco's bones

If Missiaen or Stajcer can't handle the Hartford job and the Rangers don't find someone who can the season in Hartford is going to turn to ****. Playing in a losing environment hurts player development. Rangers need to correct this.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:54 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I wouldn't mind moving a retread like Asham for a 3rd string goalie who can step in in a pinch in case of (God forbid) injury.
I agree and I like Asham but he's got no real future with us. He might be able to help someone else.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 11:57 AM
nrf83

Quote:

I know this heretical, but I read somewhere that Hank is asking for $8 for 8; can NYR afford that and field a competitive team? Talbot, if he keeps up stellar play, allows NY to at least have a competent goalie should the powers let Hank walk. I dunno, tough call; I don't want to loose Hank but the Cap really affects us on this contract.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:13 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
I know this heretical, but I read somewhere that Hank is asking for $8 for 8; can NYR afford that and field a competitive team? Talbot, if he keeps up stellar play, allows NY to at least have a competent goalie should the powers let Hank walk. I dunno, tough call; I don't want to loose Hank but the Cap really affects us on this contract.

I want Hank resigned. But if they dont want Hank, trade him. Dont let him walk for nothing

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:24 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
I want Hank resigned. But if they dont want Hank, trade him. Dont let him walk for nothing
They will never trade Hank; the PR blow-back would be unbelievable. Though I should temper my post by stating they waived Giacomin, so anything is possible. Ed Giacomin was the Hank of the NYR in the mid 60's to mid 70's.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:26 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
They will never trade Hank; the PR blow-back would be unbelievable. Though I should temper my post by stating they waived Giacomin, so anything is possible. Ed Giacomin was the Hank of the NYR in the mid 60's to mid 70's.

I agree

Old
11-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
I've been saying this for a while, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Quote:
Quote:
I agree
Talbot is making a strong case for himself to be a starter here & his play is giving the Rangers options & some levrage against Ludqvist in contract talks.

This situation reminds me of when Ludnqvist broke in the leauge after the lockout, of course Weekes wasn't anything like what the King is now, more like it reminds me of how Hank came out of no where than similar to what Talbot is doing now.

Honestly, these are prolbems you want a team to have.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 02:59 PM
ecemleafs

who are the top goalies that are undrafted in NCAA? rather see us sign a goalie like that then spend a top 2 round pick on a goalie.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

I love The Bot and pimped him over a year ago, but no need to make crazy statements. Lundqvist is our #1. The Bot needs to prove he can continue to play well even after teams get a scouting report on him and try to take advantage of his weaknesses.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 03:13 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I love The Bot and pimped him over a year ago, but no need to make crazy statements. Lundqvist is our #1. The Bot needs to prove he can continue to play well even after teams get a scouting report on him and try to take advantage of his weaknesses.
and because he hasn't had enough nhl experience, I don't see him going after another teams starter job, because he is the equivalent of a fresh goalie, not an experienced one...

Unless Florida wants him given they dont resign Thomas next year

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 03:24 PM
NYRJules

I'm surprised Jeff Malcolm's name hasn't been thrown about. I would always watch him play at Yale where he played outstanding, not to mention he shut out QU 4-0 with 45 saves to win their National Championship last spring and set records at Yale for most SHO and saves. Now he's putting up a 1.78 with Greenville, he's a consistent goaltender that has some potential.

NYRJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 04:27 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I've been saying this for a while, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Talbot is making a strong case for himself to be a starter here & his play is giving the Rangers options & some levrage against Ludqvist in contract talks.

This situation reminds me of when Ludnqvist broke in the leauge after the lockout, of course Weekes wasn't anything like what the King is now, more like it reminds me of how Hank came out of no where than similar to what Talbot is doing now.

Honestly, these are prolbems you want a team to have.

I feel the same way about the Talbot/Weekes/Henrik thing. I would like to see what Talbot can do for the rest of the year though before i say he is making a case for himself as a starter. If he keeps it up though management will have to take a long look at the future and present to see whats more important.

Can we win a cup now or the next 5-6 years? If management thinks so then keep Hank, if they doubt it then trade him, unless they think he can win playoff series by himself without scoring (if they dont fix the scoring that is) then keep him.

My opinion is that we need a bit of retooling on the offense and defense. This year imo is more like an observation year. I wont be surprised to see some guys gone or moved for younger or faster players to fit AVs system. I think AVs system will work here, if we had the finishers we would be fighting for 1st place imo.

So keep Hank and bring in some punch from the blueline and maybe a few wingers who can score. We arent that bad.

Old
11-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJules View Post
I'm surprised Jeff Malcolm's name hasn't been thrown about. I would always watch him play at Yale where he played outstanding, not to mention he shut out QU 4-0 with 45 saves to win their National Championship last spring and set records at Yale for most SHO and saves. Now he's putting up a 1.78 with Greenville, he's a consistent goaltender that has some potential.

Because he's old. He'll turn 25 during the playoffs. The Bot was already a star AHL goalie at the same age and even he's a rare thing because he seems to be a very late bloomer due to the route he's taken via the unheralded Alabama program and the Jr. B Canadian hockey as a teenager.

Malcom's development curve has to be crazy high to make the NHL. I am higher on Stajcer than Malcolm because despite being over 2 years younger, he's already playing well in the AHL. He's shown a lot of improvement in the last 12 months, so I would count him as a legitimate prospect if he continues to progress.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 05:43 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafazul View Post
if he didn't get hurt, he would have been better then the king
Unlikely at best.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 05:53 PM
ajdj10

Trade them both for forwards that can score.

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Osminator

Jeff Malcolm got KILLED playing in the AHL, they immediatly sent him to ECHL... I believe they even rushed Stajcer rehab so he'd be back playing... Thats how much Malcolm got killed (I saw all his AHL playing time, brutal, no where near ready)

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:23 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:

Dat avatar. Where you get?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote