HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Game 23: Preds vs Rangers | 7:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | We're going STREAKING!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2013, 09:27 PM
  #51
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Too many post hits.

MrMariusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:30 PM
  #52
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,086
vCash: 500
I offer a handshake


__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:31 PM
  #53
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Welp, that sucked.

75:28 of scoreless hockey. Again.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:33 PM
  #54
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Rangers deserved to win this one. We looked like we were still on the road tired. Just didn't have much jump. Mazanec was our best player tonight. Just couldn't get anything going offensively.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:36 PM
  #55
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Once we lost Hornqvist, we lacked any net presence. No screens = little chance of scoring once the set in the zone. No quality chances on the rush. Just a rough night all around after the first.

Defecation occurs ... onto the next game.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:48 PM
  #56
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Once we lost Hornqvist, we lacked any net presence. No screens = little chance of scoring once the set in the zone. No quality chances on the rush. Just a rough night all around after the first.

Defecation occurs ... onto the next game.
I agree that losing Hornqvist hurt. Had to juggle the lines and they just seemed out of sync. Hoping he just got bruised and not anything more serious when he got hit by the puck. Hopefully Forsberg can be back next week if Horns is out. We got 4 games next week including a away/home back to back. I call this an off game and move on.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:30 PM
  #57
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Yep the Preds we know and love are back.

Sloppy passing, pinned in our own end a lot, not taking the shot when it's given, too many turnovers in our end and neutral zone to count. Just looked like a bunch kids chasing after the puck.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:51 PM
  #58
Marty Party
@ The Bridge
 
Marty Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Tonight was pretty blah. I think the 'fan of the game' had more fun than anyone.

Random pics: Game worn jersey for 101st to educate us on. Jones during pregame warmups. Puck drop. Vince performing. Replacing broken glass. Fan of the game. He danced a lot during intermissions when Vince was playing. Received pizza for his efforts.



Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:17 PM
  #59
The PH Factor
Registered User
 
The PH Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The NHL was a six team league for 25 years of its history yet we refer to those years as the "Original 6"... a myopic, historically inaccurate viewpoint. It's not like we'll play "original" NHL teams like the Maroons, Americans, or Pirates.
Late to the boards cause I had other obligations tonight. Only important thing is it sounds like the L wasn't on Mazanec which its good to hear he's holding well.

To the quote, this is one of the things about hockey that really ticks me off and agree with you 100%. I'm so tired of people (mostly fans of the "O6" teams) feeling some idiotic sense of entitlement because they have that label. Its meaningless in terms of modern hockey.

But yeah, hope nothing serious with mah boy Hornqvist

The PH Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:31 PM
  #60
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,566
vCash: 500
How many times have the Predators been shut out this year??
Another superstar game by Legwand! I love his passes

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:37 PM
  #61
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,121
vCash: 500
Whose career stat line is this ?
233 GP 49 G 65 A 114 P

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:39 PM
  #62
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Argentina
Posts: 23,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
How many times have the Predators been shut out this year??
Another superstar game by Legwand! I love his passes
leading the League again in being shut out ... 5

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:12 AM
  #63
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
I suck in games where I sit in the lower bowl. 0-2 this season.

Lots of missed penalties for the preds.

Hit the post 1-2 (3?) times?

same system vs same system = no fun

go preds

I saw #27 was no longer out there at one point, what happened?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
  #64
analogkid
Thread Killer
 
analogkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Almo Heights, KY
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Just got home, yeah, lot of negatives....

A few positives, Klein was the MAN in that fight and Vince rocked the house during the intermissions!

Other than that, wasted effort of a game. Fans in lower bowl 109, where I was tonight, absolutely do not cheer for anything. (Not that there was much to cheer for) Glad to be going back up to my normal seats in 323 for the next three games.

Hopefully the better of our Bi-polar Preds will show up next time!

analogkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:49 AM
  #65
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
Just got home, yeah, lot of negatives....

A few positives, Klein was the MAN in that fight and Vince rocked the house during the intermissions!

Other than that, wasted effort of a game. Fans in lower bowl 109, where I was tonight, absolutely do not cheer for anything. (Not that there was much to cheer for) Glad to be going back up to my normal seats in 323 for the next three games.

Hopefully the better of our Bi-polar Preds will show up next time!

Kleiner was the man. We dropped Boyle on his ass and then Kleiner dropped whatever garbage they sent to clean up after him.

I was in 116. It's just n00bs and custies from brentwood in there. They don't cheer and they have no idea what is going on. It's embarrassing.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 01:34 AM
  #66
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Whose career stat line is this ?
233 GP 49 G 65 A 114 P
Just taking a stab, but I'd guess CW's.

Yup, that's it.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 05:21 AM
  #67
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 1,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Whose career stat line is this ?
233 GP 49 G 65 A 114 P
You forgot the +13, 12 PPG, 0 SHG, 12 GWG, 324 shots, 15.1 S%, 15:01 ATOI, and uniform number 33.

jwhouk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:18 AM
  #68
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Klein fought our old friend Dorsett formerly of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Not much to cheer about.

Kinda surprised at the number of Rangers fans in the house. Mostly transplants if I had to guess.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  #69
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,255
vCash: 500
Rangers played a great defensive game last night. We have a hard time playing against teams that play similar to us. Game could have been a lot worse had it not been for Mazanec. We are bi polar when it comes to scoring. We either score a lot or nothing.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:53 AM
  #70
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Tonight was pretty blah. I think the 'fan of the game' had more fun than anyone.

Random pics: Game worn jersey for 101st to educate us on. Jones during pregame warmups. Puck drop. Vince performing. Replacing broken glass. Fan of the game. He danced a lot during intermissions when Vince was playing. Received pizza for his efforts.


If they were asking more than $900-1000 for the Josi, they were over priced even for the often ridiculously priced game worn jersey market. (about $5k for a Forsberg, $1750 for a Craig Smith, Radulov Young Stars jersey still hovering around $1k .... none of those hanging in my closet)

The Preds wear two sets of jerseys during the regular season. Set 1 is tagged and sold through Meigray. Set 2 is sold by the team with the set tag shown here. Meigray runs two major sales a year, one at the holidays and one over the summer. I haven't seen much in the way of discounts from the proshop but I haven't been to the Bridge in a while.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:58 AM
  #71
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Rangers played a great defensive game last night. We have a hard time playing against teams that play similar to us. Game could have been a lot worse had it not been for Mazanec. We are bi polar when it comes to scoring. We either score a lot or nothing.
A lot of that bipolar aspect comes from the net presence. Many of our goals are ugly ... even the Cullen dive to push it behind the goalie and his whiff followed by a changeup .. Legwand's attempted pass deflected in ... Nystrom's off the body ... all three of Gaustad's goals, etc. When we're not getting guys down low in position to screen, deflect, or corral rebounds ... we're screwed. With all of our speed, we see too little of an effective transition game from this current group.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  #72
Marty Party
@ The Bridge
 
Marty Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If they were asking more than $900-1000 for the Josi, they were over priced even for the often ridiculously priced game worn jersey market. (about $5k for a Forsberg, $1750 for a Craig Smith, Radulov Young Stars jersey still hovering around $1k .... none of those hanging in my closet)

The Preds wear two sets of jerseys during the regular season. Set 1 is tagged and sold through Meigray. Set 2 is sold by the team with the set tag shown here. Meigray runs two major sales a year, one at the holidays and one over the summer. I haven't seen much in the way of discounts from the proshop but I haven't been to the Bridge in a while.
Thanks for the info. Going to the game tomorrow night and will check on what they're asking. Some of the jerseys on Meigray are insane with the pricing right now.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 01:40 PM
  #73
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Thanks for the info. Going to the game tomorrow night and will check on what they're asking. Some of the jerseys on Meigray are insane with the pricing right now.
Last season's shirts are 20% at Meigray now. Seasons before that are 40% off on one or buy one, get one free at full price of the more expensive shirt.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.