HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Music, Books) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Ripshot 43

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Sons of Anarchy has not disappointed at all this season. After each episode I'm anticipating what could happen the following week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
We NEED to watch it tonight. Second time I've had to ignore a post on their FB page that gives away something that happened!

You + Me + Steak + Sweet Potatoes + Beer (for me) + SONS = Tonight.
CJ - absolutely agree. It's crazy to think how much this show and the characters have gone through over the seasons.

Tony - Don't brag if your not going to share.

Old
11-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
I think The Walking Dead writers have really redeemed themselves from the ending of last season. This season has been fantastic, the episode a couple weeks ago focusing on Hershel and the sick people was my favorite of the series.
Yesterday's episode was like a spin off show and I loved it. I surprisingly didnt even miss the rest of the cast.

Old
11-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Yesterday's episode was like a spin off show and I loved it. I surprisingly didnt even miss the rest of the cast.

I thought it was easily the weakest episode in what has been a redeeming season so far. I thought everything was going GREAT, but now I feel like I'm back in season 2 and we are just going to DRAW a plot out over two episodes when we could be done with it already. Also hated the focus of the episode along with the major spoiler from the end of last weeks so I might be biased.

Old
11-19-2013, 12:28 AM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I thought it was easily the weakest episode in what has been a redeeming season so far. I thought everything was going GREAT, but now I feel like I'm back in season 2 and we are just going to DRAW a plot out over two episodes when we could be done with it already. Also hated the focus of the episode along with the major spoiler from the end of last weeks so I might be biased.
I like the Governor so I thought the episode was really good, the last episode with Carol is the only episode I didn't really like

also I'm not really a fan of the music they play during the cheesy music sequences, they should have played some heavy metal during the Governor's opening scene instead of that country/folk stuff

Old
11-19-2013, 12:31 AM
JK3
ARMY OF PANDOLFOS

Regarding TWD.

Spoil:
That big war they hyped the crap out of for half a season but never happened really pissed me off. The Governor ship sailed for me a long time ago but last nights episode was pretty good and took us away from the plodding flu crap. My biggest problem is they are doing a horrible job this season developing characters other than last nights episode and the Hershel heavy episode.

I could give a **** less about the Woodbury survivors, the annoying kids or this flu crap. They are just doing a terrible job with developing these characters, I just don't seem to care about them, Bob is another one. You know they are all cannon fodder and going to die anyway. They beat you over the head with portraying Tyreese as a sensitive wuss and all of a sudden Carol is some crazy bad ass, it makes me nuts. The way they dealt with her leaving was awful, I was just like meh, I don't care lol. Rick is the leader, not the leader, a leader again, then a pacifist, then a farmer, then a leader and fighter and on an on. We get it, he's conflicted and unsure of himself. Glen has been completely marginalized and turned into some ***** whipped kid who just *****es and moans and now we have the stylized rock star Daryl equipped with his own David Bowie haircut, undoubtedly a nod to his crazy fandom and immense popularity.

They are relying on the same old lame plot devices as filler. Oh no they're going on another run, ooh they ran into some walkers, make sure they kill them in some cool way, it's so incredibly forced. Uh oh there goes the stupid fence again, something that a 10 year old could figure out a way to secure is failing, again and again and again. Lookout we know people who die turn so lets not lock anyone in a cell because we need the walkers to be a threat, it's just silly, they are in a freaking prison. Time to dig more graves out in the yard.

They are not consistent at all with the writing. Not one main character that got sick dies but everyone else that got sick did or will. Walkers are supposed to be attracted to sound but are often not when the show needs it. The walkers are a huge threat most of the time but then they aren't and easily taken out when needed.

It really bothers me to complain about it cause I love the show so much but it's the beginning of jumping the shark for me. The constant change of writers and show runners is really showing. Hopefully we'll get more episodes like this past week and get it back on track. I don't want mindless violence or huge body counts, I just want better and more interesting writing.

OK sorry rant over lol.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Saw Kanye West last night at the Barclays Center.

It. Was. Amazing.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
KohoDonuts88

Sons of Anarchy. Whoa.

Spoil:
At first I thought Bobby was on his way out, then it's Clay. It was due to happen, but still. Give Sutter credit. He's not afraid to kill off his characters when the story needs it.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Saw Kanye West last night at the Barclays Center.

It. Was. Amazing.
As amazing as his new music video with his wife?

Old
11-20-2013, 07:25 PM
MrLouniverse
ScoreForCory

vCash: 50
Finally got around to reading the sequel to The Shining, "Doctor Sleep," definitely worth a read if you're a SK fan.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
Sons of Anarchy. Whoa.

Spoil:
At first I thought Bobby was on his way out, then it's Clay. It was due to happen, but still. Give Sutter credit. He's not afraid to kill off his characters when the story needs it.
Just watched it myself. Crazy change is happening.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
JK3
ARMY OF PANDOLFOS

Yeah SOA was crazy, didn't see that happening. I knew it would eventually but not that way.

Old
11-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
As amazing as his new music video with his wife?

That was horrible but his concert was great. Easily close to twenty songs for a little over two hours.

Old
11-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
Regarding TWD.

Spoil:
That big war they hyped the crap out of for half a season but never happened really pissed me off. The Governor ship sailed for me a long time ago but last nights episode was pretty good and took us away from the plodding flu crap. My biggest problem is they are doing a horrible job this season developing characters other than last nights episode and the Hershel heavy episode.

I could give a **** less about the Woodbury survivors, the annoying kids or this flu crap. They are just doing a terrible job with developing these characters, I just don't seem to care about them, Bob is another one. You know they are all cannon fodder and going to die anyway. They beat you over the head with portraying Tyreese as a sensitive wuss and all of a sudden Carol is some crazy bad ass, it makes me nuts. The way they dealt with her leaving was awful, I was just like meh, I don't care lol. Rick is the leader, not the leader, a leader again, then a pacifist, then a farmer, then a leader and fighter and on an on. We get it, he's conflicted and unsure of himself. Glen has been completely marginalized and turned into some ***** whipped kid who just *****es and moans and now we have the stylized rock star Daryl equipped with his own David Bowie haircut, undoubtedly a nod to his crazy fandom and immense popularity.

They are relying on the same old lame plot devices as filler. Oh no they're going on another run, ooh they ran into some walkers, make sure they kill them in some cool way, it's so incredibly forced. Uh oh there goes the stupid fence again, something that a 10 year old could figure out a way to secure is failing, again and again and again. Lookout we know people who die turn so lets not lock anyone in a cell because we need the walkers to be a threat, it's just silly, they are in a freaking prison. Time to dig more graves out in the yard.

They are not consistent at all with the writing. Not one main character that got sick dies but everyone else that got sick did or will. Walkers are supposed to be attracted to sound but are often not when the show needs it. The walkers are a huge threat most of the time but then they aren't and easily taken out when needed.

It really bothers me to complain about it cause I love the show so much but it's the beginning of jumping the shark for me. The constant change of writers and show runners is really showing. Hopefully we'll get more episodes like this past week and get it back on track. I don't want mindless violence or huge body counts, I just want better and more interesting writing.

OK sorry rant over lol.
It's so ****ing boring this season and the storylines seem to go nowhere.

Old
11-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Ripshot 43

The Walking Dead towed the line for me so far this season. Just as I would've started getting bored or annoyed by too much of the prison story, they switched gears and seemed to put an end to that then showing our latest episode which seems to continue at least next episode. I still think it was a mistake to not move on from season 3s setting but I stand by that I think they were catching up to the comics way too fast.

Old
11-21-2013, 11:13 AM
JK3
ARMY OF PANDOLFOS

Yeah last weeks episode saved it for me a, didn't want to see another Coughing Dead episode. I know it's a separate thing but I wish they would stick closer to the comic. I don't think they'd catch up too quick, there's still tons of thing to cover. I'd like to see more back story or flashback stuff.

Since it got insanely popular it seems to me that it's been watered down quite a bit and they took their foot off the gas pedal cause they know people will watch. Like I said switching show runners, writers and bouncing back and fourth with directors really shows. The weird thing is my favorite episodes were the ones Gimple did and since he took over it's been a bit of a let down.

Old
11-23-2013, 10:55 AM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

any Whovians in the house watching the 50th Anniversary ep tonight? ive not been as big a fan since Moffat/Smith took over, but Tennant is back so im all in

Old
11-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
Yeah last weeks episode saved it for me a, didn't want to see another Coughing Dead episode. I know it's a separate thing but I wish they would stick closer to the comic. I don't think they'd catch up too quick, there's still tons of thing to cover. I'd like to see more back story or flashback stuff.

Since it got insanely popular it seems to me that it's been watered down quite a bit and they took their foot off the gas pedal cause they know people will watch. Like I said switching show runners, writers and bouncing back and fourth with directors really shows. The weird thing is my favorite episodes were the ones Gimple did and since he took over it's been a bit of a let down.
The spinoff show is rumored to be a prequel. That would be amazing and just what I've been asking for.

Old
11-23-2013, 02:12 PM
MrLouniverse
ScoreForCory

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
any Whovians in the house watching the 50th Anniversary ep tonight? ive not been as big a fan since Moffat/Smith took over, but Tennant is back so im all in
You know it; I like Matt Smith, but 10 is still the TL, myth and legend.

Old
11-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLouniverse View Post
You know it; I like Matt Smith, but 10 is still the TL, myth and legend.
Totally missed the Dr Who thing. It's one of those shows that I never even knew existed until like a year ago somehow.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:18 PM
MrLouniverse
ScoreForCory

Quote:
Totally missed the Dr Who thing. It's one of those shows that I never even knew existed until like a year ago somehow.
You can get on it man, first 6 seasons of the new series on Netflix; I might skip the first episode if I were you, that one turns a lot of people off but once you get into it, it's golden.

Old
11-24-2013, 01:32 AM
EliasFTW

Quote:
The spinoff show is rumored to be a prequel. That would be amazing and just what I've been asking for.
Spin off?

Old
11-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLouniverse View Post
You can get on it man, first 6 seasons of the new series on Netflix; I might skip the first episode if I were you, that one turns a lot of people off but once you get into it, it's golden.
I believe I heard that it was a show a long long time ago and then came back. Is that correct? What's it about? I just keep seeing the phone booth everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
Spin off?
A few months ago it was revealed and confirned that AMC was developing a spin off show for the Walking Dead. So far little is known but what I have heard is that the same people will be involved with the production of it, it should be airing no later than 2015 and during the "off season" for the current show. So essentially when the original show is inbetween seasons, the new show will be running this giving AMC another show with top ratings. Recently a rumor said that the spin off would concentrate on showing the virus spread anf start you off on those first days and take you from there.

Old
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
EliasFTW

The Walking Dead can **** off. You know when i wanted a governor vs prision finale? Last ****ing season!

Old
12-01-2013, 09:02 PM
EliasFTW

Rip.

Old
12-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
The Walking Dead can **** off. You know when i wanted a governor vs prision finale? Last ****ing season!
Quoted for truth. This how LAST season should of ended.

Closed Thread