HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question for season ticket holders

Old
11-24-2013, 04:57 PM
tailgunner

vCash: 500
Question for season ticket holders

Will there be a skating party on MSG ice this season?

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Hoping for Peggy Fleming?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Giacomin

They used to have it during October or November so probably not. I for one wish MSG would bring back the beer cups

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 07:29 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
Yes, they haven't set the date yet. But it's only for STHs who renewed specifically with a Chase credit card

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Yes, they haven't set the date yet. But it's only for STHs who renewed specifically with a Chase credit card
Anybody hear anything yet?

Old
12-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Rangers110

I would prefer they offer us free pre-season tickets instead of spending their ( our) money on season subscriber forums, skating parties, etc.

Before season ticket prices got out of hand it wasn't that big a deal that we had to buy 3 pre-season games. Now it really adds up in a hurry with the current price of season tickets.

Rangers110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:12 AM
superyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers110 View Post
I would prefer they offer us free pre-season tickets instead of spending their ( our) money on season subscriber forums, skating parties, etc.

Before season ticket prices got out of hand it wasn't that big a deal that we had to buy 3 pre-season games. Now it really adds up in a hurry with the current price of season tickets.
I agree with you, but also consider myself lucky that we haven't had preseason games in 3 years and they play a few 'home games' outside of MSG. They also give a pretty steep discount for regular season games compared to what non-subscribers pay.

superyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Blueshirt Special

I could do without the skating party. never attended, and I have kids that play hockey.

I enjoy the "meet & greets" with a panel of players. They can be pretty cool and they are done with some class. Food, open bar etc.

As for pre-season, yeah it's been nice without those but it's really just factored into the whole season anyway. So, if there is "non price increase" next year, there really IS because you will have to pay pre-season games. It's reaaly just a way for them to keep the price written on the ticket down for some psychological marketing angle. (UNDER $80.00!!)

I also like the memorabilia gifts that come with renewing. Some are pretty cool.

Parking discount coupon is useful, but I'm glad they did away with those other stupid coupons for "1.00 off a soda after you buy 2 hot dogs and a soda". NEVER used one.

It would be nice if they threw you one bone per season like a "free meal" at any food station.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 08:57 AM
Blueshirt Special

On another note: I'm a little disappointed coming to the realization that there may never be a "home" Winter Classic for The Rangers.

Any thoughts on this?

Old
12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
On another note: I'm a little disappointed coming to the realization that there may never be a "home" Winter Classic for The Rangers.

Any thoughts on this?
I really do not think the tax credit is an issue. If the NHL and NBC wants a Rangers-Bruins WC in Yankee Stadium, it will happen.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I really do not think the tax credit is an issue. If the NHL and NBC wants a Rangers-Bruins WC in Yankee Stadium, it will happen.
You are totally wrong on the tax issue. If they want the Rangers-Bruins in Yankee Stadium Boston would be the home team

Old
12-31-2013, 10:37 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
You are totally wrong on the tax issue. If they want the Rangers-Bruins in Yankee Stadium Boston would be the home team
Exactly right, and the Bruins would never have a home game here.

The most likely scenario is the Rangers hosting at Metlife Stadium

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2013, 01:07 PM
patnyrnyg

Not buying it. Only place I ever see any mention of the tax issue is on this site.

Old
12-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Not buying it. Only place I ever see any mention of the tax issue is on this site.
I'm pretty sure I read a legit article (Post?) regarding the tax implications if the Rangers were ever to play a "home" game somewhere other than MSG. I think they would bascially forfeit whatever tax break they are getting from the City of New York which I'm sure is substantial. So I really don't think it's going to happen which is kind of beat because I didn't go to Philly because I figured we'd get a home game at some point.

I gotta figure that's why teh Stadium Series was invented in the first place? It also gives other teams an opportunity to play and outdoor game without the obligation of hostig that comes with the WC.

Old
12-31-2013, 01:18 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I'm pretty sure I read a legit article (Post?) regarding the tax implications if the Rangers were ever to play a "home" game somewhere other than MSG. I think they would bascially forfeit whatever tax break they are getting from the City of New York which I'm sure is substantial. So I really don't think it's going to happen which is kind of beat because I didn't go to Philly because I figured we'd get a home game at some point.

I gotta figure that's why teh Stadium Series was invented in the first place? It also gives other teams an opportunity to play and outdoor game without the obligation of hostig that comes with the WC.
Did you use the word "legit" in regards to the NY Post? I remember reading about it, too. However, the articles all seemed like speculation. Kind of like yesterday when John Mara said the Giants offense was broken and every reporter put out articles that Gilbride will be fired. Granted, he might be, but right now it is all specualtion.

Old
12-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Did you use the word "legit" in regards to the NY Post? I remember reading about it, too. However, the articles all seemed like speculation.
OK, good one!

Old
12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Exactly right, and the Bruins would never have a home game here.

The most likely scenario is the Rangers hosting at Metlife Stadium
Meadowlands would be a much better option anyway. Bigger, and shaped the same as a hockey arena.

Old
01-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
Just spoke to my rep. The Rangers will be having a skating party most likely during the Olympic break. They are just finalizing everything.