HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What needs to be done!

Old
12-30-2006, 12:27 AM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
What needs to be done!

1. Fire Renney. Bring in Shoney to coach the team. We'd certainly see alot more fire.

2. We are simply being outhit game in game out. The one thing we have been drafting lately is size. Time to bring up Jessiman and either of Byers or Moore. I'd like to see the following lines

Jagr - Nylander - Jessiman
Shanny - Straka - Prucha
Ward - Cullen - Hossa
G. Moore/Byers - Betts - Hollweg

Before everyone starts screaming that Jessiman hasn't earned it; maybe your right. However, Hugh has the size and has shown willingness to go to the front of the net and into the corners. He doesn't have to score goals; just go into the corner and dig the puck out and go to the net when Jagr shoots.

The 4th line would be your hitting line (obviously, right). We might not have a Chris Neil on our team but maybe we've got a budding one in Hartford. Time to give the kids a shot. Keep them in the lineup as long as they continue to hit and stay outta the penalty box. Thats already a step in the right direction.

3. Defensively we've got bigger problems. I'd like to see what Baranka can do but I'm not sold that he is ready for the NHL. To solve our problems on the back line we might be forced to make a trade. Which brings me to the pursuit of JovoCop. With his contract I believe it won't take much more than a 2nd tier prospect (Dawest or Immonen) and a 3rd or 4th line draft pick. Time to see if we can trade and get him. For some reason I believe he would do very well in NY.

Of course none of the above is going to happen. My worst nightmare is that we end up in February around the 9th or 10th seed and Sather trades all our youth away for Guerin and Murray. We then end up just missing the playoffs and once again drafting somewhere in the middle of the first round when all the great prospects have been picked. Almost as bad as being a Fishstick fan (we've got better uniforms).

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 12:35 AM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Sorry, I don't have the energy to give you a proper response. I'd prefer to see the entire team dismantled. Off the top of my head I'd keep maybe 6 players. As for being a Fishstick fan, there's no benefits regardless. They could win it all & no one would really give a ****. I don't think they'd even sell out game 7...

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 12:53 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
1. Fire Renney. Bring in Shoney to coach the team. We'd certainly see alot more fire.

2. We are simply being outhit game in game out. The one thing we have been drafting lately is size. Time to bring up Jessiman and either of Byers or Moore. I'd like to see the following lines

Jagr - Nylander - Jessiman
Shanny - Straka - Prucha
Ward - Cullen - Hossa
G. Moore/Byers - Betts - Hollweg

I think the first line should be Jagr - Nylander - Zach Parise...oh wait, that's right...we drafted Jessiman instead.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:01 AM
dynamoovechkin

Who needs to go? Hall has brought next to nothing to the team. Cullen has no defined role but at least shows some character and hustle. Prucha looks simply lost in his sophmore year. Kasper is just too slow and has no offensive upside to keep around, besides he has already taught Tyutin the low bridge hip check. Ozolinsh is brain dead and abandoned already.

It's time for some major surgery! 7 in a row! I want to kill myself!

Merry X-mas and Happy New Years NYR fans. Our beloved team is a trainwreck!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:02 AM
dynamoovechkin

Oh, and don't even get me started on Hossa!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:22 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I love Hugh! Even friends with him on facebook! Bring him up

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
Oh, and don't even get me started on Hossa!
Hes better than Hall thats for damn sure.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:27 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I think the first line should be Jagr - Nylander - Zach Parise...oh wait, that's right...we drafted Jessiman instead.
And yet there are those on this board who will tell you Lou Lamoriello has lost it.

As to the question, "What needs to be done?" Simple:

Surrender, Dorothy!

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 02:58 AM
PanniniClaus

Hire a jester that rants and raves to get the troops fired up. Perhaps you can get a company to build a robot to coach the team and it can be programmed through a voting process. Ranger fans pay a fee for a hook up and when they get up after a loss they can send a command to the robot and the robot will carry out the top 10 commands of the day.

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
natureboy*

[QUOTE=JerseyRangers;7497117]1. Fire Renney. Bring in Shoney to coach the team. We'd certainly see alot more fire.

1. FIRE SATHER AND THE SCOUTS. Our drafting is pitiful.

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 10:06 AM
bubba5

get rid of Jagr if you want to rebuild properly, with him here it will never happen.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

Jessiman is wasting away, they need to give him a spot and just hope for the best, his upside is great, so do whatevery other team does and thats throw him in and just hope in a couple years he is a worthy asset.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
I think we need to see we aren't catching teams asleep like last season. We are small not that fast and for sure not a gritty team. The first year back the NHL called everything and the rules were strictly enforced well this year the game has gotten more gritty in the corners and front of the net and we just don't have the soldiers to fight thru it. We need to revamp and go forward with the rebuild. Trade Nylander and Straka for prospects or young players at the deadline. Jagr I would be up for trading but we would have to get a much sweeter deal then anything we have gotten in the past. Weekes will be dealt at the deadline and I hope Malik and Rosie but i guess the all the beers and shots haven't worn off yet.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 11:12 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I think we need to see we aren't catching teams asleep like last season. We are small not that fast and for sure not a gritty team. The first year back the NHL called everything and the rules were strictly enforced well this year the game has gotten more gritty in the corners and front of the net and we just don't have the soldiers to fight thru it. We need to revamp and go forward with the rebuild. Trade Nylander and Straka for prospects or young players at the deadline. Jagr I would be up for trading but we would have to get a much sweeter deal then anything we have gotten in the past. Weekes will be dealt at the deadline and I hope Malik and Rosie but i guess the all the beers and shots haven't worn off yet.
unfortunatly, if they ever did think about getting rid of Jagr, they would get nothing in return because I think the team getting him woul have the whole contract charged against the cap not half.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 11:20 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I love Hugh! Even friends with him on facebook! Bring him up
haha, me too..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 03:35 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post

I actually think that the talent is their to be a much better team than what we are showing. We need to add some young, enthusiastic forwards who are willing to do the dirty work, go into the corners and go to the net. Prior to the beginning of the season I really believed that Ward, Hollweg, Hossa and Hall would give us that. Sad to say the only forward that hits is Hollweg. Maybe somebody can help me but I don't see what Hossa, Hall and J. Ward really bring to the team every nite. They don't hit, they don't win battles along the boards and they don't score. What do they do???? Can't see how at this point it hurts to bring up 2 or 3 big bodies from Hartford and just let them loose. Maybe one or two of them might even surprise us and become useful.

I actually think that if we had forwards that played a more complete game our weaknesses on the back line could be covered up. We've certainly got the goaltending to save us.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 07:31 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Jagr ... I think the team getting him woul have the whole contract charged against the cap not half.
It's not like the team will trade him anyway - they're committed to a different course - but I thought his contract now was what it was.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 12:56 AM
PanniniClaus

Fire Renney now and get a fire Renney thread stickied.

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 01:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanniniClaus View Post
Fire Renney now and get a fire Renney thread stickied.
That sucker would get ugly quick, with all the vitriolic conversation routinely had around here.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 01:32 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Shoney... hahahaha... Shoney... it's funny to me.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 08:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Shoney... hahahaha... Shoney... it's funny to me.
What's funny is that the Rangers have now won 4 in a row, Prucha's been restored to the 2nd line, Pock's getting ice time, the role players are doing their job, and we've seen how up and down the NHL has been this season, and people still want a "fire Renney" thread.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Ola

I want us to stay the course we have.

We are not making any "risky" UFA signings, which is extremely important.

We are keeping our kids and have set up a great development organization with the summer camps ect.

We have allot of kids comming up who looks really good and will be on this team in the near future, and please don't come with any ridiculos comments when you compare Marc Staal with a Austrian who went undrafted for 3 years.

Quite frankly, this whole fire Renney thing were started by typical young fans who can't take loosing a hockey game. Who expects us to dominate in a league of 30, everytime we loose its our own fault, nobody can possibly be just better then us.

Then they come up with some excuse like "I would be happy if we played this 24 year old who are having problems in the AHL, since our coach aren't dooing that I am not happy and want him fired".

Classic.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 11:56 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Get an enforcer...stop bashing Orr (appreciate what he does as the teams enforcer)...and play tough, physical hockey

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Quite frankly, this whole fire Renney thing were started by typical young fans who can't take loosing a hockey game. Who expects us to dominate in a league of 30, everytime we loose its our own fault, nobody can possibly be just better then us.

Then they come up with some excuse like "I would be happy if we played this 24 year old who are having problems in the AHL, since our coach aren't dooing that I am not happy and want him fired".

Classic.
Come on Ola, you know that's not true at all. The majority of people that I have seen calling for Renney's head have legitimate resons for disliking him, totally independent from the losing streak. Things like Renney's lack of holding players accountable, inability to roll lines, contradictions in the press and questionable line pairings are what have caused most to dislike Renney, and those were things that were being discussed last season and this season, well before the 7-game skid. It's really disrespectful to the community to pigeonhole everyone who wants Renney fired as "some young kid" who "doesn't understand" and all that. It is simply not true, and it's infuriating to see people such as yourself simply lump everyone together that disagrees with you. Seriously, stop it.

Of course there are people out there who are totally impatient and will freak at any sign of a prolonged losing streak- this is sports, for Christ's sake. It's irritating, but it's there. But don't take my opinion, which I feel is complex, well thought out and suported by fact, and try and turn it into some trivial matter because it's easier than actually going point-for-point.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 01:00 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I want us to stay the course we have.

We are not making any "risky" UFA signings, which is extremely important.

We are keeping our kids and have set up a great development organization with the summer camps ect.

We have allot of kids comming up who looks really good and will be on this team in the near future, and please don't come with any ridiculos comments when you compare Marc Staal with a Austrian who went undrafted for 3 years.

Classic.
Good post, Ola.

People around here seem to forget sometimes that there are 29 other teams trying just as hard to win as the NYR are, and on certain nights they are just better. The calls for Renney's and Sather's heads always seem to pop up after a loss or two.

I'm not the biggest Tom Renney supporter out there, but I think he's doing a good job considering where this team was when he took over.

Also, since his coaching deficiencies are routinely highlighted, I'd like to point out what a fine job he did yesterday, giving serious crunch-time minutes to his energy lines yesterday, against a flu-ridden Montreal backline late in the game. Seems like the Betts line and the Ward line were alternating shifts out there late in the game.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote