HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Hall

Old
11-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Ryker

vCash: 500
I hate Rosehill. But he's got more of a scoring touch than Coots

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:27 AM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Dressing Rinaldo is enough. Having Rosehill there is just redundant. Especially when you have guys like Simmonds and Hartnell that will drop the gloves too. Just because Rosehill is good at throwing punches, doesn't mean he's a better option than someone who is a better all around player.

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.
You need a good mix of talent to survive an 82 game season. There is a big difference between Rinaldo and Rosehill. I like that Rosehill doesn't fight just for the sake of fighting. He normally fights when standing up for a team mate like Rinaldo. A guy like Rosehill let's a guy like Rinaldo run around and not have to answer to guys like Glass, Volpatti, Erskine Boulton, Carkner, Jannsen, Neal, Kassian, Thorton, Lucic, etc.

Playoff time you can roll with Rafl or pick up a veteran fourth liner.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:29 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Rosehill has not been terrible when he's been on the ice. Yeah, you'd like to see a guy who can pick up some defensive minutes, but it's obviously not happening. We could do a lot worse than Rosehill.
I'm not really a fan of Rosehill's but I have to agree he really hasn't been too bad. He can at least skate, get in a forecheck, & occasionally get a scoring chance that doesn't amount to anything.

I guess years of watching Shelley out there really lowers the bar for our standards when it comes to actual hockey skill & goons.

I would still like Berube to mix it up a little & put Raffl in, there's no point of sitting him in the press box, at least send him down if you don't have any intentions of playing him.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Raffl offers more, and is much less likely to take dumb penalties. Rosehill should only be playing against other teams with goons like Toronto.
I don't get this thinking. If you believe Toronto is handicapping themselves by giving roster spots and shifts away to untalented goons, why do them the favor of reciprocating? That's just buying into the logic of the goon arms race. Take advantage of Toronto by using the most efficient roster construction you're capable of (that means Raffl over Rosehill, for starters).

As for Adam Hall, he's been fantastic over this stretch. Turning incredibly lopsided zone starts into positive Corsi by winning draws and moving the puck forward.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 01:26 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
I don't get this thinking. If you believe Toronto is handicapping themselves by giving roster spots and shifts away to untalented goons, why do them the favor of reciprocating? That's just buying into the logic of the goon arms race. Take advantage of Toronto by using the most efficient roster construction you're capable of (that means Raffl over Rosehill, for starters).
Guys like Colton Orr don't give a **** about what he does out there, someone will have to stand up to him & then sit in the box for it. I rather it be Rosehill than anybody else on this team.

Old
11-25-2013, 02:51 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I'm not really a fan of Rosehill's but I have to agree he really hasn't been too bad. He can at least skate, get in a forecheck, & occasionally get a scoring chance that doesn't amount to anything.

I guess years of watching Shelley out there really lowers the bar for our standards when it comes to actual hockey skill & goons.

I would still like Berube to mix it up a little & put Raffl in, there's no point of sitting him in the press box, at least send him down if you don't have any intentions of playing him.
This.
Burying a Rookie in the press box is just plain stupid. They better call up Newbury to ride the pine if Chiefs wants to keep Rosehill in the lineup long term.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 03:43 AM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

The best thing Rosehill did last game was not fighting when we went up 3-0!

OzFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Rosehill has decent skating and talent for a goon. It's the lack of discipline that makes we want him to sit as a healthy scratch more often than not. Especially since Rinaldo has regressed in that area this year.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Embiid
Thank You Hinkie!

Maybe Berube sees a bit of himself in Rosehill..hence the bias over Raffl.

Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 02:51 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Guys like Colton Orr don't give a **** about what he does out there, someone will have to stand up to him & then sit in the box for it. I rather it be Rosehill than anybody else on this team.
the flyers dont need rosehill vs toronto
when the flyers have the "enforcer" raffl

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 03:08 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
You need a good mix of talent to survive an 82 game season. There is a big difference between Rinaldo and Rosehill. I like that Rosehill doesn't fight just for the sake of fighting. He normally fights when standing up for a team mate like Rinaldo. A guy like Rosehill let's a guy like Rinaldo run around and not have to answer to guys like Glass, Volpatti, Erskine Boulton, Carkner, Jannsen, Neal, Kassian, Thorton, Lucic, etc.

Playoff time you can roll with Rafl or pick up a veteran fourth liner.

i disagree, rinaldo can fight a MW like glass,neal...

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
No, no one has to. Enforcement of the instigator and roughing rules takes care of that. Rosehill tried to start a fight two times in the Sabres game, was refused, and cost the Flyers a 2-min PP the second time. Boulton tried to fight Rosehill in the Islanders game, but he refused. Useless enforcers only become "relevant" if you're interested in playing that game with them. I wish the Flyers were more interested in adding a useful skater to the roster instead.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
No, no one has to. Enforcement of the instigator and roughing rules takes care of that. Rosehill tried to start a fight two times in the Sabres game, was refused, and cost the Flyers a 2-min PP the second time. Boulton tried to fight Rosehill in the Islanders game, but he refused. Useless enforcers only become "relevant" if you're interested in playing that game with them. I wish the Flyers were more interested in adding a useful skater to the roster instead.
Well Vorceck felt the need to stick up for Giroux last year then spent 15+ minutes in the box on top of risking an injury when going up against a guy who regularly fights.

I rather it be Rosehill than him or anybody else for that matter.

I don't believe in dressing Rosehill regularly but until the "goon" is completely phased out he still serves a purpose on the roster whether people here like to admit it or not.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-25-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old
05-04-2014, 09:55 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone besides me hope they bring him back for another year? Although, he hasn't been resigned yet.

He is still very good in the face offs. And, I thought he did a great job on some of the penalty kills during the playoffs.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
south jersey flyer

I like Hall too. Depending on what the situation with Laughton is, I could see Hall signing a similar deal to what he was on this season.

south jersey flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Prongo
Beer

Too slow, we want to get faster but we want him to come back and play fourth line minutes? I think he will get a contract from someone next year but he has lost any speed he has. He is one of the reasons that fourth line is hemmed in so much as well. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with the play anymore. PK is good for him because he has specific places he needs to be. Liked the guy and the hockey player but it's time to get some speed there on the fourth line.

Like some else proposed before, I would love to see a 4th line of

Raffl-Laughton-Rasmussen

Speed/grit/size. They also all can PK as well. That would be a pretty nice fourth line who can also chip in offensively.

05-04-2014, 10:17 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by south jersey flyer View Post
I like Hall too. Depending on what the situation with Laughton is, I could see Hall signing a similar deal to what he was on this season.
No, you re-sign Hall regardless of the situation with Laughton

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote