HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2013-14 Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), ECHL, NCAA, Juniors, International, etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2013, 02:30 PM
  #651
BackWithaVengeance
Registered User
 
BackWithaVengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 912
vCash: 50
As of now, Oshawa Generals play against the Barrie Colts. End of the 2nd period game is tied at 2.

Laughton with a PP goal in the first.

BackWithaVengeance is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 02:35 PM
  #652
BackWithaVengeance
Registered User
 
BackWithaVengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 912
vCash: 50
What about this Suellentrop guy on the Generals D we didn't sign?

Do the Flyers still have his rights?

BackWithaVengeance is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 02:39 PM
  #653
Coffe
Registered User
 
Coffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
What about this Suellentrop guy on the Generals D we didn't sign?

Do the Flyers still have his rights?
Nope.

Coffe is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 02:44 PM
  #654
BackWithaVengeance
Registered User
 
BackWithaVengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 912
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffe View Post
Nope.
K, thank you for the quick response.

BackWithaVengeance is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 03:50 PM
  #655
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cekmate View Post
He's now 1st in the OHL in GAA and SV%, 2nd in Wins. Impressive. (also helps that London got Zadorov back from Buffalo)
He might have been PO'd for being passed over in the Subway Series

Tripod is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 03:57 PM
  #656
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
He might have been PO'd for being passed over in the Subway Series
ISn't that only for Canadian kidds?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 04:02 PM
  #657
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
ISn't that only for Canadian kidds?
Yes.

Stizzle is online now  
Old
11-24-2013, 06:39 PM
  #658
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,365
vCash: 500
Phantoms stats after the weekend:

Forwards
Akeson- 17GP 2G 8A 10PTS -9
Bordson- 17GP 5G 4A 9PTS +2
Cousins- 16GP 3G 6A 9PTS 0
VandeVelde- 17GP 5G 3A 8PTS 0
Straka- 15GP 3G 5A 8PTS +1
Holmstrom- 17GP 3G 5A 8PTS +1
Newbury- 9GP 2G 4A 6PTS -4
Alderson- 15GP 2G 4A 6PTS -1
McGinn- 12GP 4G 1A 5PTS -4
Noebels- 14GP 1G 4A 5PTS +2
Flanagan- 10GP 2G 2A 4PTS 0
Mangene- 15GP 2G 2A 4PTS +3
Raffl- 2GP 1G 2A 3PTS +1
Brown- 11GP 0G 2A 2PTS +1
Clarkson- 1GP 0G 0A 0PTS 0
FitzGerald- 6GP 0G 0A 0PTS 0
Mathers- 10GP 0G 0A 0PTS 0

Defensemen
Gervais- 17GP 3G 7A 10PTS -1
Alt- 16GP 1G 5A 6PTS -1
Manning- 17GP 2G 5A 5PTS -5
Konan- 17GP 0G 2A 2PTS -4
Lauridsen- 17GP 0G 2A 2PTS +6
Eddy- 14GP 0G 1A 1PTS +2
Delisle- 4GP 0G 0A 0PTS -1

Goalies
Heeter- 9GP 2.66GAA .913SV% 4-5-0 1SO
Danis- 10GP 2.70GAA .893SV% 3-3-2 1SO


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-25-2013 at 01:19 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 06:56 PM
  #659
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,365
vCash: 500
CHL
Goulbourne- 18GP 3G 6A 9PTS +5
Laughton- 22GP 19G 19A 38PTS +7
Leier- 26GP 19G 16A 35PTS +13
Morin- 20GP 4G 9A 13PTS -2
Stolarz- 20GP 2.33GAA .931SV% 15-2-1 3SO

USHL
Amorosa- 16GP 0G 5A 5PTS +6
Drake- 15GP 0G 1A 1PTS -4
Larsson- 17GP 1G 3A 4PTS -1

NAHL
Madsen- 7GP 2.81GAA .900SV% 3-4-0

SHL
Hagg- 24GP 0G 4A 4PTS +1

KHL
Vasilyev- 22GP 0G 2A 2PTS -3

NCAA
Gostisbehere- 11GP 4G 8A 12PTS
Willcox- 10GP 1G 2A 3PTS
Parks- 12GP 3G 6A 9PTS
Luukko- 8GP 1G 0A 1PTS

Stats after the weekend.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 09:27 PM
  #660
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
CHL
Goulbourne- 18GP 3G 6A 9PTS +5
Laughton- 22GP 19G 19A 38PTS +7
Leier- 26GP 19G 16A 35PTS +13
Morin- 20GP 4G 9A 13PTS -2
Stolarz- 20GP 2.33GAA .931SV% 15-2-1 3SO

USHL
Amorosa- 16GP 0G 5A 5PTS +6
Drake- 15GP 0G 1A 1PTS -4
Larsson- 17GP 1G 3A 4PTS -1

NAHL
Madsen- 7GP 2.81GAA .900SV% 3-4-0

SHL
Hagg- 24GP 0G 4A 4PTS +1

KHL
Vasilyev- 22GP 0G 2A 2PTS -3

NCAA
Gostisbehere- 11GP 4G 8A 12PTS
Willcox- 10GP 1G 2A 3PTS
Parks- 12GP 3G 6A 9PTS
Luukko- 8GP 1G 0A 1PTS

Stats after the weekend.
This is a big jump for morin right?

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 09:32 PM
  #661
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
This is a big jump for morin right?
Yup, he had 16 points (4G, 12A) in 46 games last year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 09:58 PM
  #662
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Yup, he had 16 points (4G, 12A) in 46 games last year.
That's pretty amazing. If he turns out to have offensive skill he could be big time. Thanks for the updates.

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 11:01 PM
  #663
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
Can anyone give a general overview of morins ice time this year compared to how much he was getting last year? Just trying to determine whether his jump in offense is due to genuine development or if increased ice time/situational ice time could play into it.

orange is better is offline  
Old
11-24-2013, 11:24 PM
  #664
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Can anyone give a general overview of morins ice time this year compared to how much he was getting last year? Just trying to determine whether his jump in offense is due to genuine development or if increased ice time/situational ice time could play into it.
IIRC his ice time & PP time was bumped up last year towards the end when Rimouski made a coaching change.

Rimouski's defense is pretty young now, Morin is actually one of the older ones & still is a 95.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 12:05 AM
  #665
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,855
vCash: 500
Leier looking pretty good to, right? He seems to be putting up a lot of points like Laughton has but I never hear anyone talk about him.

Striiker is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 12:16 AM
  #666
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Leier looking pretty good to, right? He seems to be putting up a lot of points like Laughton has but I never hear anyone talk about him.
Portland is historically a high scoring team (last 5 years or so) so his stats have to be viewed in context.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 12:29 AM
  #667
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Portland is historically a high scoring team (last 5 years or so) so his stats have to be viewed in context.
Good to see him progressing though.

I think he can be a solid bottom 6 player if he sticks in the future.

Roo Mad Bro is online now  
Old
11-25-2013, 01:10 AM
  #668
Yourself
Registered User
 
Yourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 517
vCash: 500
Akeson a -9 on the season. I know +/- isn't a great stat to look at without context, so anyone want to add some to this for me? Is he that bad defensively or just bad luck? Thought this was an area he was working on but I could be wrong. I question it mostly because it is just that much worse then anyone else on the team.

Yourself is online now  
Old
11-25-2013, 05:08 AM
  #669
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Akeson is another Ryan Potulny. He is too one dimension and has the dreaded combo of no size and no speed. He is not a serious prospect to make the NHL IMO especially with what's ahead of him on the flyers.

Psuhockey is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 06:14 AM
  #670
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Akeson is another Ryan Potulny. He is too one dimension and has the dreaded combo of no size and no speed. He is not a serious prospect to make the NHL IMO especially with what's ahead of him on the flyers.
I've kind of gotten that vibe from him as well. His hockey sense would need to be at an elite level, like Derek Stepan, in order to overcome his other shortcomings.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 07:37 AM
  #671
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourself View Post
Akeson a -9 on the season. I know +/- isn't a great stat to look at without context, so anyone want to add some to this for me? Is he that bad defensively or just bad luck? Thought this was an area he was working on but I could be wrong. I question it mostly because it is just that much worse then anyone else on the team.
It was something he was working on and believe it or not he has improved in that department, a lot. I think if given a chance at the NHL level he could succeed with the right line-mates but honestly the Flyers are so stacked now, cause they are so young, and in the future (Laughton, Cousins, Leier coming) it'll be hard/impossible for him to make that jump. All those other guys mention fill other roles on a team. Laughton being a two-way center with loads of grit, Leier a clutch defensive specialist in the mold of a Talbot and Cousins a very offensively talented individual who really grinds opposing players gears. Akeson only provides the offense, even if it's better then any one of the other prospects mentioned (Cousins was the only one with similar junior scoring), though Laughton is having a great season.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 09:07 AM
  #672
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
IIRC his ice time & PP time was bumped up last year towards the end when Rimouski made a coaching change.

Rimouski's defense is pretty young now, Morin is actually one of the older ones & still is a 95.
Yea that's what I heard as well. He said that was a big reason his play and draft ranking got better like they did.

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 09:23 AM
  #673
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 491
Morin through 20 games is hanging around the ppg mark that a lot of people want him to be in. Great to see so far.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 09:30 AM
  #674
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Morin through 20 games is hanging around the ppg mark that a lot of people want him to be in. Great to see so far.
0.65 ppg is significantly lower then a ppg. It's almost double his pace from last year though which is a good.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
11-25-2013, 09:41 AM
  #675
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
0.65 ppg is significantly lower then a ppg. It's almost double his pace from last year though which is a good.
I initialed ppg, a lot of people want him at .5-.6 point per game. Not an even point per game.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.