HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
A girl friend of mine is going to her first Caps game. She is looking for things to do around the arena and looking to buy her fiance a jersey of someone that will be with the team a while. I stated the obvious, Ovechkin, who are some other players that should be with the team for the foreseeable future? I would normally read through the thread for answers but as this doesn't pertain to me directly, I'd rather not. No offense. Any and all help is greatly appreciated though. Thanks in advance.
Backstrom, Alzner, and Carlson are signed for a while. Wilson is in the first year of his ELC and considered an important young player. Holtby is on a short contract but the team should be intent on keeping him around long-term.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Burakovsky95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Backstrom, Alzner, and Carlson are signed for a while. Wilson is in the first year of his ELC and considered an important young player. Holtby is on a short contract but the team should be intent on keeping him around long-term.
I agree and think these guys are your best bet. Other than them potentially maybe Johansson.

Burakovsky95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 08:52 AM
lstcyr

Looking for four tickets for Montreal on November 29. Probably best in 100-200 section as my almost four year old grandson is coming.

Took him to AHL game in Rochester when he was 2 1/2. Had him on the glass for warmups. He was fascinated. when the players went into the locker room, he said that was the best hockey game he'd seen. LOL

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Rangers110

Looking for two ticket to the game on 12-27 vs. the Rangers.
Would like lower level seats.

email tepp1129@gmail.com

Rangers110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 12:07 PM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Anyone familiar with the Dewar's Coaches Club? Is it worth paying extra for? Also, would the last couple rows in level 1 provde a better view than a front row seat in the 2nd tier?

MartyForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Russ2582

Send a message via AIM to Russ2582
Thinking about coming down for a game, is there a train station thats near the Verizon Center?

Russ2582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:55 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2582 View Post
Thinking about coming down for a game, is there a train station thats near the Verizon Center?
Union Station is two Metro stops from the Verizon Center (Gallery Place stop).

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2582 View Post
If you're asking about a train down from NJ, there's New Carrollton which regularly has trains going up to NYC/Boston with stops along the way. It's also a metro station that can take you to the arena.

Like NBTW said there's also Metro Station, although I've always used New Carrollton while going out of town. Either way works.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:03 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
Anyone familiar with the Dewar's Coaches Club? Is it worth paying extra for? Also, would the last couple rows in level 1 provde a better view than a front row seat in the 2nd tier?
IMO, no to the Dewars club, but I understand they made some recent changes so others might have different or updated opinions and information.

Front row seats in 200 level are very nice seats with few, if any, exceptions at the Verizon Center. 200 level used to be the club level so while no longer as private as it used to be still some benefits in terms of the level, concourse to people ratios, etc., too. Would depend on cost, etc., but 200 level first row is a great way to watch NHL hockey at the Verizon Center, IMO.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 11-13-2013 at 08:08 PM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
McLirium

I have two tickets to the Caps/Canes game on 12/3. They're in section 228, which is between goal/blue line. Willing to hear offers. Ended up getting another pair for my birthday from someone who didn't realize I had already bought tickets, so I need to part ways with these.

McLirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 11:32 PM
habsfan19

hey folks...I'm heading to Ashburn VA for the week next week, wondering if there's any type of transportation that would get me to Verizon Center and back for Friday's game against the Habs..looking at shuttles from Dulles, I'll be staying near the airport, any suggestions?

habsfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Lshap

Another Habs fan here, making the trip for Friday's game at the Verizon Center. Looking for restaurant recommendations around the city centre -- good quality steak/seafood or Italian for the Saturday night.

Also looking for a sports-friendly place to eat after the game on Friday. Any recommendations for a decent pub/restaurant with plenty of hockey talk without getting beer thrown at my Montreal jersey?

Thanks!

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:56 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Another Habs fan here, making the trip for Friday's game at the Verizon Center. Looking for restaurant recommendations around the city centre -- good quality steak/seafood or Italian for the Saturday night.

Also looking for a sports-friendly place to eat after the game on Friday. Any recommendations for a decent pub/restaurant with plenty of hockey talk without getting beer thrown at my Montreal jersey?

Thanks!
Steak:

J&G Steakhouse
Charlie Palmer Steak
BLT Steak

Seafood:

The Oceanaire
DC Coast

Italian:

Graffiato
Tosca
Fiola
Obelisk

As for after the game, You're not going to get a huge amount of hockey talk (and you're going to find jerks everywhere that give you a hard time). Personally, I'd look for a place with good food rather than good hockey talk for after the game, but some decent places for what you're looking for:

RFD
Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
Redline

Old
11-25-2013, 09:00 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19 View Post
hey folks...I'm heading to Ashburn VA for the week next week, wondering if there's any type of transportation that would get me to Verizon Center and back for Friday's game against the Habs..looking at shuttles from Dulles, I'll be staying near the airport, any suggestions?
Other than paying for a private shuttle, you don't have many options. Verizon Center is at least a 35 minute drive from Dulles. You could get a cheaper shuttle to a Metro stop, but that'll be a long trip: http://www.wmata.com/getting_around/new_metro/

Dulles isn't particularly convenient to the city. Reagan is the airport to stay near for that.

Old
11-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Steak:

J&G Steakhouse
Charlie Palmer Steak
BLT Steak

Seafood:

The Oceanaire
DC Coast

Italian:

Graffiato
Tosca
Fiola
Obelisk

As for after the game, You're not going to get a huge amount of hockey talk (and you're going to find jerks everywhere that give you a hard time). Personally, I'd look for a place with good food rather than good hockey talk for after the game, but some decent places for what you're looking for:

RFD
Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
Redline
Really appreciate the suggestions - thanks!

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 04:34 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Just closed on a place today in Old Town, Alexandria. I'm moving back after 5 years in San Diego.

Any suggestions for a men's league? I played travel hockey in the area growing up but that was 12 years ago so not sure how everything has changed.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsANDCaps View Post
Just closed on a place today in Old Town, Alexandria. I'm moving back after 5 years in San Diego.

Any suggestions for a men's league? I played travel hockey in the area growing up but that was 12 years ago so not sure how everything has changed.
Just the typical pick your rink house leagues unless HNA interests you. Mt. Vernon still have an adult mens league? I've actually never even been to that rink.

12-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I'll probably be in DC the weekend of December 20th. Are DC bars in general open on Sunday nights at all? Are there areas that are supposed to be decent that night or anything?

In a related matter, if anyone's selling 2-3 cheap tickets for the game against the Devils on the 21st....

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 08:46 PM
njdevil26

Hi guys. Looking to come down to DC with a friend for some sightseeing and the Devils/Caps game on 12/21. If anyone has two tickets available please let me know... send me a message or something. Doesn't necessarily have to be cheap if the seats are nice. Thanks!

njdevil26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 08:27 PM
rockfish12

Going to a caps game

Hey guys, I know the next time the Pens are in town is March 10th. My wife and I just moved down here from Pittsburgh and are pens fans. Just wanted to ask what a game would be like for Pens fans? I've only been to one opposing arena in Columbus and it actually was 60/40 Pens fans. I know it won't be like that in DC, but just curious how caps/pens fans interact at games, etc.

Thanks guys

rockfish12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Otter

Good grief. I think that's everyone now, right?
http://www.theonion.com/articles/rep...ylvania,34527/

Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 09:49 PM
MoJoSauce

Its nothing like Philly. You will probably get razzed and have people talk smack to you but its not threatening. No one is going to beat you up or try and fight you. Honestly most people will say a snide comment and leave you alone, unless you decide you are the greatest thing to step on this earth and are the second coming of crosby and then things might take a turn for the worse.

Basically just don't talk a ton of **** and you wont have any problems. This is DC, sports and sport teams are pretty fluid here

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 10:00 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't be a dick and you're fine.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Jedgi

Please don't act like the Devils fans I sat next to on Friday and be loud and obnoxious the whole game (and walk to seats in the middle of the play 5 minutes into each period).

There will likely be plenty of people from Pittsburgh and/or bandwagon Pens fans at the game, you'll be fine if you aren't being unruly.

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 05:14 PM
KevinM

We will skin you alive and feed your face to John Erskine if we lose. Your wife will be stripped naked, bound, gagged, and hung upside down in chinatown from a meat hook.

KevinM is offline   Reply With Quote