HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL III

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Infinite Jest

vCash: 500
Turns out the grass isn't always greener after all, Marty.

I'd take him back, I'm willing to bet Poile would as well. That being said, I certainly don't expect it to happen.

Old
11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I thought he was going to be traded Friday to a Canadian team.

and remember, he asked to be traded because he thought we were about to go under a massive rebuild here.

He asked in private way, still played hard and hurt. He was nothing but a class act when he was here. I would take him back. Now that he has publically asked out, the price shouldn't be too high.
Absolutely. He's been poorly misused by the Caps, and I hope he gets a shot to prove his worth elsewhere. I'm not Pollyanna enough to believe it will be back here, but I'd eagerly welcome him back.

Old
11-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Absolutely. He's been poorly misused by the Caps, and I hope he gets a shot to prove his worth elsewhere. I'm not Pollyanna enough to believe it will be back here, but I'd eagerly welcome him back.
The gold-colored glasses being worn over a guy who demanded to be traded out of here (Forced Poile's hand - Poile wanted to wait till the summer but Erat demaned out right then) and now TWICE from the Caps (the first time just a week into the season!) is either hilarious or sad. Not sure which.

Old
11-25-2013, 03:41 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
The gold-colored glasses being worn over a guy who demanded to be traded out of here (Forced Poile's hand - Poile wanted to wait till the summer but Erat demaned out right then) and now TWICE from the Caps (the first time just a week into the season!) is either hilarious or sad. Not sure which.
you are now making things up. McPhee called with about an hour left at the deadline and the deal occured. That came straight from Poile's mouth on the radio.

Old
11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Hendricks for Erat. Make it happen

Old
11-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Infinite Jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you are now making things up. McPhee called with about an hour left at the deadline and the deal occured. That came straight from Poile's mouth on the radio.
The way I heard it, also straight from Poile, is that Erat was unhappy and asked to be traded around two weeks before the trade deadline. Poile tried to talk him out of it all the way up to the night before the trade deadline and Erat still insisted he wanted to be traded.

Old
11-25-2013, 04:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wanting to be traded and demanded to be moved at the deadline are 2 different things. We all know Erat wanted to be moved. I've never heard he demanded to be moved before the deadline though.

Anyway, reading through the trade logic on that thread is too funny. It's like the people that say we traded Kimmo and Hartnell for Peter Forsberg.

Using that logic Poile looks like a genius for trading David Gosselin and getting Shea Weber.

Old
11-25-2013, 06:29 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

We have two things going on here:

"The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence."

"You can't go home again."

MartyParty II would not be as good as MP I.

Old
11-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Let the party (lawsuit) begin

Old
11-25-2013, 11:30 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I bet fighting ends somewhat soon as well.

Old
11-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I would bet money the players lose this lawsuit

Old
11-26-2013, 03:04 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
I would bet money the players lose this lawsuit
Probably, similar to how the NFL player's probably would have had they not settled. I think the NHL will settle as well just to avoid taking a PR hit in the teeth.

This is just an unsolvable problem though. These are inherently dangerous sports, and creating a "safe" version may not resonate with the general fanbases. I feel bad for the players, but it's hard to believe that anybody who has played either football or hockey was unaware of the potentially life-changing injuries that you can get playing those sports, or that taking blows to the head repeatedly was bad for your health.

Old
11-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

No more Bob Mckenzie, Dreger, Ferraro, etc ... Welcome to the party Rogers, TVA & CBC 12 years 5.2 billion dollars

Old
11-26-2013, 11:11 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Probably, similar to how the NFL player's probably would have had they not settled. I think the NHL will settle as well just to avoid taking a PR hit in the teeth.

This is just an unsolvable problem though. These are inherently dangerous sports, and creating a "safe" version may not resonate with the general fanbases. I feel bad for the players, but it's hard to believe that anybody who has played either football or hockey was unaware of the potentially life-changing injuries that you can get playing those sports, or that taking blows to the head repeatedly was bad for your health.
It's common sense. They are looking to make a dime and so are the money and attention thirsty attorneys who talked them into it.

Old
11-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
It's common sense. They are looking to make a dime and so are the money and attention thirsty attorneys who talked them into it.
The NHL never lied about the sport being a safe sport, the nfl did

Old
11-26-2013, 11:40 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
There is honestly little the NHL could do to "end" fighting completely. It's already illegal under NHL rules, and the new helmet and visor regulations are designed to make it less practical. The most they could do is make fighting a match penalty, but even that won't stop it completely, and, in a contact sport, will probably just lead to worse alternatives, like more slashing, elbowing, or spearing, all of which would be far more detrimental to the game - and more dangerous for the players - than fighting.

The league has done a decent job getting out in front of stuff like this, where the NFL did not. It'll be interesting to see if the players settle.

Old
11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
The NHL never lied about the sport being a safe sport, the nfl did
I don't know if I really buy that Dave. The NFL may not have been completely forthcoming on all the risks they knew about, or they may not have even been fully aware of all the risks, but I'm not sure how anyone could ever mistake football for being a safe sport. I also have doubts as to how many players would have been dissuaded from playing, and cashing in, even had they had all the information.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Ericsson re-signs with the Wings ... 6 years, not sure about $, yet

Old
11-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Montross

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
We have two things going on here:

"The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence."

"You can't go home again."

MartyParty II would not be as good as MP I.
Interesting quote from Trotz from Josh Cooper:

“We expected him to produce, and when he decided he no longer wanted to be a part of the group, we didn’t want him to be a part of the group,” Trotz said. “Marty was a top player for a long time, and I thought he was a Nashville Predator through and through. That threw me off when he did that last year. I have my theories and I’m going to keep them to myself.”

Old
11-28-2013, 01:11 AM
drwpreds

Maple Leafs blew a big lead and lost 6-5 in SO to Penguins.

What is amazing is they had ZERO shots on goal in both the 3rd period and OT- no shots for the final 25 minutes- seems almost impossible

Old
11-28-2013, 11:26 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Interesting quote from Trotz from Josh Cooper:

“We expected him to produce, and when he decided he no longer wanted to be a part of the group, we didn’t want him to be a part of the group,” Trotz said. “Marty was a top player for a long time, and I thought he was a Nashville Predator through and through. That threw me off when he did that last year. I have my theories and I’m going to keep them to myself.”
That is interesting. Sounds like he was told he needed to produce and felt that given all the good years he's given the Preds he didn't needed to be told that and checked out on the team. He found out in Washington that ice time is earned it isn't just given to you because of your contract and what you've done before. Stalberg went through a bit of the same thing here when he came back from injury. He's been a 3rd/4th line player and was new to the team though so it probably didn't effect him as much as Erat. Stalberg stuck it out and Trotz gave him the chance and he is now doing great. The fact that Erat is asking for a trade 2 months into the season when he was starting to get more playing time tells you he has a major attitude problem. He was totally being misused by the caps and being asked to play positions he has never played like center. Still you are being paid millions and you do what they ask of you.

Old
11-28-2013, 03:36 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Hey, they told me I couldn't play my position anymore, and then they folded the team, and I was forced to sign with the Wisconsin DOC equivalent of Edmonton.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Liquidfire3240

Jerred Smithson is playing his 600th career game at the moment, its crazy thinking that I jumped back into hockey during his rookie seasons.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:38 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Jerred Smithson is playing his 600th career game at the moment, its crazy thinking that I jumped back into hockey during his rookie seasons.
He's a role player who fills a niche most teams need. He can play wing or center, kills penalties, wins faceoffs, won't get much offensively but does a lot of the defensive and dirty work.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Luukko out as President of Comcast-Spectacor

Closed Thread