HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers at Lightning 11/25/13

Old
11-25-2013, 10:23 PM
SA16
Sixstring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
They aren't this bad though...Like I know the defense isn't that bad.

I just can't wrap my head around how we made Ben Bishop look like Hasek. He's gotta let ONE fluke goal in right?
There were a bunch of loose pucks in front of him in the crease that we just couldn't get to and Tampas D helped him cover up.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:24 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
He has a goal, they're not very easy to come by when your whole ****ing team is devoid of offensive talent. AND you've been out for a damn month!

The blame should literally be on everyone except Nash, in a few games if he's still not producing, then I'll be mad at him.
OK, see you in a few games then

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

The funny thing is that 5-0, is not even close to how this game was. It was probably 60/40 Lightning at best (closer to 55/45). I can argue that we played worse against Dallas. But every time our goalies faced a good chance they let in a goal, every time we had a great chance (granted they had better chances than us but not by that much we had some great chances). And I'm sorry, when you give up a goal like Lundqvist gave up to Kucherov and your team has trouble scoring, that knocks the wind out of their sails.

I was completely disgusted at how the team after looking pretty damn good, stopped playing after they gave up in the 2nd period after that 3rd goal with half a game to play. It looked like they thought "well we're not good enough offensively and Bishop is playing really well so we might as well mail it in". They did look decent in the 3rd until Del Zotto happened with a minute to go.

I know will ruffle feathers by writing something negative about Lundqvist, but I won't censor myself and prevent a discussion on a discussion board. Whatever, that's the last I'll say on this. If I can't post my opinion on a player on the team then there's no point for a board that's supposed to be about discussion. Anyway, that's the last on that and the last on Lundqvist, I'm not going to post about him in every post, but I won't censor myself because some people disagree with me, this isn't communist ****ing Russia.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
We are on pace to be shutout about 18 times this year. That cant happen right?
Is this **** for real? Wow that is a major red flag lol

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Unpredictable1

Callahan, you're the Captain and you have one of the longest leashes with me but you seriously need to start doing something out there. Lay out some hard forechecking hits or something. He's been a bit of a passenger lately. Also, stop the side of the net blind backhand centering pass please. 2 years is long enough.

Henrik's glove got exploited like crazy tonight.

Pouliot has to go. I want a rugged winger that can skate decent good for a good forecheck, bang bodies, and if called for drop them and not get owned all the time.

I love Dorsett's heart like no other - but he's gunna get killed one of these nights.

Worse thing about tonight's game for me is Cam's shutout streak going out like that. Brutal.

Other than that, sweep it under the rug and move on.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
The contacts only for one more year and he is something that can actually be acquired without costing much and without removing much off of our current roster. We can make up extra cap room by getting rid of Pyatt's and Pouliot's and such. It's a realistic move as opposed to a fantasy move looking for a Kane type player. I know he hasn't reached 20+ but he's had that pace every year (he's missed games due to injury). He would help us. Of course if we could do something better I would obviously prefer that but if this is a guy we can get for a low cost he would clearly help us.
I agree I don't think we will come across that Kane type in a trade. It just doesn't happen all that often to begin with. I'm just not ready to pull the plug on a trade for a guy like Erat at the moment. I'd like to wait another couple weeks. I think this team has plenty enough to be a playoff team. And as we get closer to the deadline I think more names will become available that will be better options than Erat. You don't see other teams making moves. At this stage, the Rangers would have to move a lot around to add Erat and that is if WAS retained salary which they won't.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Idlerlee

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Thank god we beat that powerhouse Nashville team, right?
Nashville is a good team

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SA16
Sixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The funny thing is that 5-0, is not even close to how this game was. It was probably 60/40 Lightning at best (closer to 55/45). I can argue that we played worse against Dallas. But every time our goalies faced a good chance they let in a goal, every time we had a great chance (granted they had better chances than us but not by that much we had some great chances). And I'm sorry, when you give up a goal like Lundqvist gave up to Kucherov and your team has trouble scoring, that knocks the wind out of their sails.

I was completely disgusted at how the team after looking pretty damn good, stopped playing after they gave up in the 2nd period after that 3rd goal with half a game to play. It looked like they thought "well we're not good enough offensively and Bishop is playing really well so we might as well mail it in". They did look decent in the 3rd until Del Zotto happened with a minute to go.

I know will ruffle feathers by writing something negative about Lundqvist, but I won't censor myself and prevent a discussion on a discussion board. Whatever, that's the last I'll say on this. If I can't post my opinion on a player on the team then there's no point for a board that's supposed to be about discussion. Anyway, that's the last on that and the last on Lundqvist, I'm not going to post about him in every post, but I won't censor myself because some people disagree with me, this isn't communist ****ing Russia.
I agree with you that we played worse against Dallas.

Old
11-25-2013, 10:26 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
Callahan, you're the Captain and you have one of the longest leashes with me but you seriously need to start doing something out there. Lay out some hard forechecking hits or something. He's been a bit of a passenger lately. Also, stop the side of the net blind backhand centering pass please. 2 years is long enough.

Henrik's glove got exploited like crazy tonight.

Pouliot has to go. I want a rugged winger that can skate decent good for a good forecheck, bang bodies, and if called for drop them and not get owned all the time.

I love Dorsett's heart like no other - but he's gunna get killed one of these nights.

Worse thing about tonight's game for me is Cam's shutout streak going out like that. Brutal.

Other than that, sweep it under the rug and move on.

Agreed about Callahan.

Pouliot is a waste.

Dorsett is ok

Old
NCRanger
Bettman's Enemy

Quote:
The contacts only for one more year and he is something that can actually be acquired without costing much and without removing much off of our current roster. We can make up extra cap room by getting rid of Pyatt's and Pouliot's and such. It's a realistic move as opposed to a fantasy move looking for a Kane type player. I know he hasn't reached 20+ but he's had that pace every year (he's missed games due to injury). He would help us. Of course if we could do something better I would obviously prefer that but if this is a guy we can get for a low cost he would clearly help us.
Erat is one of the poster children for what passes as an "offensive" player in the dead puck expansion era. He's not that good. He's a third line marginally talented assclown that's only in the league because there's about 8 too many teams.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Championship*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
Nashville is a good team
No, they aren't

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:27 PM
SA16
Sixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I agree I don't think we will come across that Kane type in a trade. It just doesn't happen all that often to begin with. I'm just not ready to pull the plug on a trade for a guy like Erat at the moment. I'd like to wait another couple weeks. I think this team has plenty enough to be a playoff team. And as we get closer to the deadline I think more names will become available that will be better options than Erat. You don't see other teams making moves. At this stage, the Rangers would have to move a lot around to add Erat and that is if WAS retained salary which they won't.
That's certainly reasonable it's just that those 30+ goal scorers that will come available later are going to be much more expensive, possibly cost us roster players, and can be potentially less valuable because by getting a player earlier you have use of him for more games (counterargument for this being of course if you know you're going to make the playoffs giving up some points now to be even stronger come playoff time is obviously a benefit).

Old
11-25-2013, 10:27 PM
RangersHank*

Erat sucks

Old
11-25-2013, 10:28 PM
Machinehead
Pump it up Puempel!

vCash: 50
Lundqvist is an inconsistent whiny little ballerina. Callahan ****ing blows. The entire defense blows, especially Staal. Nash is a horrible hockey player. I wish Stepan were still holding out. Richards needs to be taken off life support so nature can run it's course. Brassard is awful. I wouldn't pick Pouliot to be on my pickup team at the park. 4th line is worthless. What a ****ing **** rag of a hockey team. I've nice to them lately to. They poked the ****ing beast tonight.

#FreeClendening #FreeMcDonagh
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:28 PM
SA16
Sixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Erat sucks
Have you ever considered making logical well thought-out posts with real significant evidence to support your position (hint for this particular case: a 23 game sample size is not significant evidence) as opposed to two or three word cliches?

Old
11-25-2013, 10:29 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Have you ever considered making logical well thought-out posts as opposed to two or three word cliches?

Yeah but why should i make one out for Erat? What would he add to this team that we dont have?

Old
11-25-2013, 10:31 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Lundqvist is an inconsistent whiny little ballerina. Callahan ****ing blows. The entire defense blows, especially Staal. Nash is a horrible hockey player. I wish Stepan were still holding out. Richards needs to be taken off life support so nature can run it's course. Brassard is awful. I wouldn't pick Pouliot to be on my pickup team at the park. 4th line is worthless. What a ****ing **** rag of a hockey team. I've nice to them lately to. They poked the ****ing beast tonight.

Cool man. Just stop watching then. Henrik is a whiny little ballerina? Grow up. You sound like a little kid who just had his toys taken away from him by his parents.

Teams lose. Staal has been one of our best defenseman. Nash just returned from a concussion and has played well. Stepan is struggling, it happens. Richards is struggling these past 3-5 games. The 4th line is supposed to go out and play a rugged game, not giving up a goal against while the top lines rest. They have done that. You are simply unrealistic.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
They aren't this bad though...Like I know the defense isn't that bad.

I just can't wrap my head around how we made Ben Bishop look like Hasek. He's gotta let ONE fluke goal in right?
Yes, the law of averages would suggest that shoveling dozens of poor-angle shots towards the vicinity of the net would net us 1 silly goal.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger
Bettman's Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post

You are correct about the supposedly All-World greatest goalie of all time.

It was the same garbage 15 or so years ago with Richter. Could never say anything bad about the guy, even if he gave up some God-awful goals which cost the Rangers games, and began the death spiral.

Seems like New York loves their goaltenders if they have stretches where they truly are great. But God forbid they get criticized when they have bad games.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah but why should i make one out for Erat? What would he add to this team that we dont have?
Cause it'd be nice if you ever backed up one of your points with facts about WHY Erat sucks? I don't think this team needs him but he certainly doesn't suck.

Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:32 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
Cause it'd be nice if you ever backed up one of your points with facts about WHY Erat sucks? I don't think this team needs him but he certainly doesn't suck.

I backed it up, he wouldnt add anything to this team. What would he add?

Old
11-25-2013, 10:33 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Comments I'm pretty sure I read this afternoon in the GDT, too lay to go look:

"Bishop? Ugh Shutout incoming"
"Kucherov is playing? 100% chance he scores his first against us"

Really depressing how predictable it is. Clockwork.

Unpredictable1

Quote:
Agreed about Callahan.

Pouliot is a waste.

Dorsett is ok
I really like Dorsett and want him on the team, but he can't be expected to do the heavy lifting on this team. He's usually fighting way out of his weight class and he's not a good fighter to begin with.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

Comments I'm pretty sure I read this afternoon in the GDT, too lay to go look:

"Bishop? Ugh Shutout incoming"
"Kucherov is playing? 100% chance he scores his first against us"

Really depressing how predictable it is. Like clockwork.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote