HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Official GDT 12/30/06: Montreal @ Tampa Bay

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2006, 09:33 PM
  #51
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
I ain't gettin' my hopes up.

Nice win. If they can show good on this road trip, which will be a very tough one, then I may find a little faith.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-30-2006, 09:39 PM
  #52
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
We have to be positive, i think they're going to have good games on the road, got to keep the faith going.

Maria is offline  
Old
12-30-2006, 09:42 PM
  #53
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
We have to be positive, i think they're going to have good games on the road, got to keep the faith going.
We shall see. We shall see.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM
  #54
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
We shall see. We shall see.

Maria is offline  
Old
12-30-2006, 10:13 PM
  #55
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
******** Nick. No screen from 20 feet away? And a wrist shot? Come on. You're listening to Chief too much.
I don't think it was a routine save. It probably should have been stopped, but it was a good shot by the Montreal player. He made up for it in the end with some nice stops in the 3rd period.

Question: Who were those guys in Lightning uniforms playing defense? Certainly wasn't the usual group. Great defensive effort tonight, best of the season. I counted maybe 3 or 4 good scoring chances for the Habs. Bolts didn't have that many good chances with as many shots as they took, but it showed they controlled the play. Habs got nothing going offensively. I'm pretty happy tonight except for the Vols football team sitting next to my section and some dumb booing by the fans during one of the PP's when the team was dominating. I just don't get our fans sometimes.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
12-31-2006, 10:09 AM
  #56
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I don't think it was a routine save. It probably should have been stopped, but it was a good shot by the Montreal player. He made up for it in the end with some nice stops in the 3rd period.

Question: Who were those guys in Lightning uniforms playing defense? Certainly wasn't the usual group. Great defensive effort tonight, best of the season. I counted maybe 3 or 4 good scoring chances for the Habs. Bolts didn't have that many good chances with as many shots as they took, but it showed they controlled the play. Habs got nothing going offensively. I'm pretty happy tonight except for the Vols football team sitting next to my section and some dumb booing by the fans during one of the PP's when the team was dominating. I just don't get our fans sometimes.

He was cheating to his left and had both feet in the crease. It was a stop that should have been made.

I too thought it was an excellent defensive effort last night, probably the best of the year. Whether that lasts remains to be seen but I did like what I saw last night.


Last edited by OptimismRestrainer: 12-31-2006 at 10:24 AM.
OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
12-31-2006, 06:22 PM
  #57
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
We have to be positive, i think they're going to have good games on the road, got to keep the faith going.
See, and you didn't say it last time and that's the only time we lost since you started it! Keep it up.

Sadly, I missed the game. I remembered it early in the day, but I was visiting at my gf's parents in St. Cloud and we began watching a Hitchcock movie and forgot!

Seems like a great game. I'm glad Prospal finally scored, and it was a game-winner. I really like him. He's a good player and he's gotten so many chances that should have gone in if it weren't for the miraculous saves that goalies have been putting against us on many nights. Finally one went his way. I like how he just sat there on the ice for like a minute after scoring! What an excellent night for him. Hopefully, it'll help him to get the point total up! I sincerely hope he doesn't get traded. Despite not scoring, he's one of the few that's been playing with heart consistently.

Sucks that Lecavalier's streak has ended, but with the way he's been playing all season, I'm sure he'll begin a new streak next game Maybe he'll get another hattrick?

IcePalace is offline  
Old
12-31-2006, 09:37 PM
  #58
missK
Registered User
 
missK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lightning country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Prospal was "sitting" there because he was woozy from a hit right after he released the puck. In fact, he was lying on his back on the ice for the 1st 10-15 seconds or so after the goal went in. Vinny and Feds helped him sit up and then get up.

missK is offline  
Old
12-31-2006, 10:23 PM
  #59
IcePalace
 
IcePalace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Prospal was "sitting" there because he was woozy from a hit right after he released the puck. In fact, he was lying on his back on the ice for the 1st 10-15 seconds or so after the goal went in. Vinny and Feds helped him sit up and then get up.
Sorry, it looked to me like a mixture of both. As I said, I didn't see the game just the highlight reel.

IcePalace is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.