HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Official GDT 12/30/06: Montreal @ Tampa Bay

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2006, 09:33 PM
OptimismRestrainer

vCash: 500
I ain't gettin' my hopes up.

Nice win. If they can show good on this road trip, which will be a very tough one, then I may find a little faith.

Old
12-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Maria

We have to be positive, i think they're going to have good games on the road, got to keep the faith going.

Old
12-30-2006, 09:42 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
We have to be positive, i think they're going to have good games on the road, got to keep the faith going.
We shall see. We shall see.

Old
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Maria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
We shall see. We shall see.

Old
12-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
******** Nick. No screen from 20 feet away? And a wrist shot? Come on. You're listening to Chief too much.
I don't think it was a routine save. It probably should have been stopped, but it was a good shot by the Montreal player. He made up for it in the end with some nice stops in the 3rd period.

Question: Who were those guys in Lightning uniforms playing defense? Certainly wasn't the usual group. Great defensive effort tonight, best of the season. I counted maybe 3 or 4 good scoring chances for the Habs. Bolts didn't have that many good chances with as many shots as they took, but it showed they controlled the play. Habs got nothing going offensively. I'm pretty happy tonight except for the Vols football team sitting next to my section and some dumb booing by the fans during one of the PP's when the team was dominating. I just don't get our fans sometimes.

Old
12-31-2006, 10:09 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I don't think it was a routine save. It probably should have been stopped, but it was a good shot by the Montreal player. He made up for it in the end with some nice stops in the 3rd period.

Question: Who were those guys in Lightning uniforms playing defense? Certainly wasn't the usual group. Great defensive effort tonight, best of the season. I counted maybe 3 or 4 good scoring chances for the Habs. Bolts didn't have that many good chances with as many shots as they took, but it showed they controlled the play. Habs got nothing going offensively. I'm pretty happy tonight except for the Vols football team sitting next to my section and some dumb booing by the fans during one of the PP's when the team was dominating. I just don't get our fans sometimes.

He was cheating to his left and had both feet in the crease. It was a stop that should have been made.

I too thought it was an excellent defensive effort last night, probably the best of the year. Whether that lasts remains to be seen but I did like what I saw last night.

Last edited by OptimismRestrainer: 12-31-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old
12-31-2006, 06:22 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
See, and you didn't say it last time and that's the only time we lost since you started it! Keep it up.

Sadly, I missed the game. I remembered it early in the day, but I was visiting at my gf's parents in St. Cloud and we began watching a Hitchcock movie and forgot!

Seems like a great game. I'm glad Prospal finally scored, and it was a game-winner. I really like him. He's a good player and he's gotten so many chances that should have gone in if it weren't for the miraculous saves that goalies have been putting against us on many nights. Finally one went his way. I like how he just sat there on the ice for like a minute after scoring! What an excellent night for him. Hopefully, it'll help him to get the point total up! I sincerely hope he doesn't get traded. Despite not scoring, he's one of the few that's been playing with heart consistently.

Sucks that Lecavalier's streak has ended, but with the way he's been playing all season, I'm sure he'll begin a new streak next game Maybe he'll get another hattrick?

Old
12-31-2006, 09:37 PM
missK

Prospal was "sitting" there because he was woozy from a hit right after he released the puck. In fact, he was lying on his back on the ice for the 1st 10-15 seconds or so after the goal went in. Vinny and Feds helped him sit up and then get up.

Old
12-31-2006, 10:23 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Prospal was "sitting" there because he was woozy from a hit right after he released the puck. In fact, he was lying on his back on the ice for the 1st 10-15 seconds or so after the goal went in. Vinny and Feds helped him sit up and then get up.
Sorry, it looked to me like a mixture of both. As I said, I didn't see the game just the highlight reel.

Closed Thread