HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nov. 25, 2013|Flyers 1 at Panthers 3

Old
11-26-2013, 09:26 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
Quick note from a Panthers season ticket holder regarding attendance. I don't blame you for poking fun at us.

But you should know that they recently created something called "Club Red", which is a high-priced (I think around $700 per game, compared to $7 per game for the cheapest seats) section that includes food and booze. Obviously, nobody is going to pay that here. But the most horrible things about it:

1) They displaced season ticket owners who have had those seats since the arena opened (unless they were willing to pay 3x what they have been paying)

2) It is the entire lower bowl center ice section on one side. I mean the *entire* huge section.

3) It is on the side where the TV cameras face, so it always looks like the whole arena is empty

Of course our attendance is not as good as yours, but I'm just saying it looks much, much worse on TV than it actually is. I tried to get extra tickets near me for the Rangers tomorrow because I want to bring some other people, but can't get them (I'm on the club level). Of course there will be lots of Rangers fans, but the point is that it will be pretty full (except for the seats the cameras are looking at).
It begs the question... Are the Panthers intentionally trying to run themselves into the ground? It seems like they're going full Major League level with this.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 09:44 AM
aviators99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
How much do the tickets actually cost?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp11032

aviators99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 09:55 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 181
Post-game quotes:

Quote:
"Who are we to overlook anybody?" Berube asked. "We talked about it before the game, this morning, about being ready. I'm not sure we were."

The result was the Flyers' first regulation loss in eight games, breaking a 6-0-1 run that began on Nov. 9 against Edmonton. It was also their first regulation loss on the road since Oct. 12 in Detroit, a span of 44 days.

The Flyers had won five straight in Sunrise, too. All signs pointed to a win against a team that had lost nine straight at one point this season.

"We got distracted. We thought we were the better team," Scott Hartnell said. "When you underestimate your opponent in this league, you're going to get screwed."
Quote:
"Chief warned us before not to take them lightly," Steve Mason said. "And when you have a team like that over there that has a lot of young players, they can come back to bite you."
Quote:
"You should want to come in here and take it to this team," Berube said. "We're a 'north' team - and we played that way in the third period. We weren't 'north' enough. We were just slow. That's why we lost."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...sjqmMW6Br2z.99

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

Good to know they aren't mentally prepared professional athletes.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
God. I don't care if you overlook the team. Don't tell us that. That's so irritating.

11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Good to know they aren't mentally prepared professional athletes.
Quote:
God. I don't care if you overlook the team. Don't tell us that. That's so irritating.
Seriously, what the hell? Why would you say that? I like Berube's quote about who are the Flyers to overlook any opponent and then Hartnell takes a crap all over that by saying, yeah, we overlooked them.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
4thline4life

Quote:
Quick note from a Panthers season ticket holder regarding attendance. I don't blame you for poking fun at us.

But you should know that they recently created something called "Club Red", which is a high-priced (I think around $700 per game, compared to $7 per game for the cheapest seats) section that includes food and booze. Obviously, nobody is going to pay that here. But the most horrible things about it:

1) They displaced season ticket owners who have had those seats since the arena opened (unless they were willing to pay 3x what they have been paying)

2) It is the entire lower bowl center ice section on one side. I mean the *entire* huge section.

3) It is on the side where the TV cameras face, so it always looks like the whole arena is empty

Of course our attendance is not as good as yours, but I'm just saying it looks much, much worse on TV than it actually is. I tried to get extra tickets near me for the Rangers tomorrow because I want to bring some other people, but can't get them (I'm on the club level). Of course there will be lots of Rangers fans, but the point is that it will be pretty full (except for the seats the cameras are looking at).
While I dont doubt that this isnt helping the cause, they did a top down shot a few times last night and the whole arena looked pretty bad. And at least half of the fans were flyers fans. I feel bad for loyal fans like you but its time to admit that hockey just isnt working and will never work in south Florida.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
While I dont doubt that this isnt helping the cause, they did a top down shot a few times last night and the whole arena looked pretty bad. And at least half of the fans were flyers fans. I feel bad for loyal fans like you but its time to admit that hockey just isnt working and will never work in south Florida.
They honestly need to have some sort of flashy superstar to make sports work. I'm fairly certain after the Heat's championship attendance was down until that whole LeBron James decision fiasco. I think if Florida had an Alex Ovechkin type, not just a great player but also a flashy guy on the ice who is a bit flamboyant, they'd be coming out in droves.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM
TheKingPin

If Hartnell didn't pick it up
In the third I'd be 100% in favor of benching him for raffle. Even still if like to bench him. This team is so underachieving. If we didn't have mason wed be done.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 11:10 AM
4thline4life

Quote:
They honestly need to have some sort of flashy superstar to make sports work. I'm fairly certain after the Heat's championship attendance was down until that whole LeBron James decision fiasco. I think if Florida had an Alex Ovechkin type, not just a great player but also a flashy guy on the ice who is a bit flamboyant, they'd be coming out in droves.
South Florida in general is just a terrible market. Even the dolphins games have empty seats. Heat sell out because its all corporate. And lebron. But that shouldn't be what it takes to make sports work there.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
South Florida in general is just a terrible market. Even the dolphins games have empty seats. Heat sell out because its all corporate. And lebron. But that shouldn't be what it takes to make sports work there.
No doubt. I agree with you.

Old
11-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Garbage Goal

Considering the Flyers were only at .500 at the start of the game and the start they had to the season the Flyers shouldn't have the right to "overlook" anybody.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 12:20 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Considering the Flyers were only at .500 at the start of the game and the start they had to the season the Flyers shouldn't have the right to "overlook" anybody.
I don't think any team should ever overlook any opponent, in any sport.

Old
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
I agree, just saying that if any players are underrating their opponents then they must be really full of themselves after one relatively small hot streak.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:

What is this, some kind of insurance scam like the one in "The Producers"? That sounds brutal.

Maybe you guys will "Springtime for Hitler" your way to a Cup while the owners watch in horror?

11-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
Nah, I can deal with that honesty for once. They've said what they did wrong, so it stands to reason they'll learn something from it. Of course they likely won't because that's Flyers Hockey.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 12:51 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Hopefully this is just that one had game that happens every now and then. I thought they looked good in the third especially after Simmonds scored. That Gudbranson goal (with the refs help) was crushing. Gotta rebound in Tampa.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 12:52 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Nah, I can deal with that honesty for once. They've said what they did wrong, so it stands to reason they'll learn something from it. Of course they likely won't because that's Flyers Hockey.
I hope they do learn from it. I'll expect nothing less than a 40 game win streak.

Old
11-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

I can't relate to it at all. Any team I played that was beneath my team in talent who was "aspiring to the throne" we crushed as a reminder of their place. Ha, I remember one league completely misplaced us-- and we ruined the other team 117 to 7. At one point, we just set up a relay system to score. Of course, I've never played an 82 game pro-hockey schedule.

Any team that was naturally a bit better, we gave it all in order to ascend the ladder. Won a few team games through sheer will of our team alone.

Not sure how one isn't amped for every game. I take it personally. I hate hearing they perhaps didn't take them seriously enough. That's gd frustrating.

Last edited by Flyotes: 11-26-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 01:00 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
I can't relate to it at all. Any team I played that was beneath my team in talent who was "aspiring to the throne" we crushed as a reminder of their place. Ha, I remember one league completely misplaced us-- and we ruined the other team 117 to 7. At one point, we just set up a relay system to score. Of course, I've never played an 82 game pro-hockey schedule.

Any team that was naturally a bit better, we gave it all in order to ascend the ladder. Won a few team games through sheer will of our team alone.

Not sure how one isn't amped for every game. I take it personally.
I can understand why they didn't get up to play the Panthers, even if I find it unacceptable. They're were playing a pretty bad team in front of 12 people at a vacation destination. That's a little bit different from playing in Philly, Toronto, Pittsburgh, etc.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 02:55 PM
aviators99

Quote:
Oh, well I didn't say it's deceivingly full with Panthers fans. Having out of town fans is a HUGE part of the business model for this team! Our population more than doubles between November and April, and we have those visiting team fans to thank for the fact that we have no state income tax and low sales tax! I welcome them all to the arena (except for the Habs fans, due to some really bad experiences I've had with an alarmingly high percentage of them). But the 3 sections that the camera is staring at are devoid of any fans of ANY team, due to their ridiculousness.

aviators99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 03:53 PM
The Nightman Cometh

Quote:
You've clearly never seen the San Marino football team.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Mike2000z28

For god sakes, the Florida teams have been giving us crap as long as i can remember. They are always a tough game and rarely a convincing win. I knew we had a big chance to lose and also lose big against Tampa coming up. These teams have our number regardless of record.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
How much do the tickets actually cost?
Paid 150+ for lower bowl section 116. Flyers shot twice. Row 12

Per ticket

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:03 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
What is this, some kind of insurance scam like the one in "The Producers"? That sounds brutal.

Maybe you guys will "Springtime for Hitler" your way to a Cup while the owners watch in horror?
The fact is when there was a good product on the ice, 96-02, the arena sold out; every single gm.

we have been horrible for the 10 yrs since.

No market draws while sucking, look how horrific the attendance was in washington, chicago and boston just a few years ago.

The south florida market requires winning even more than a traditional market which is why the heat are thriving.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote