HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Yotes @ Preds 7 pm Birthday Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2013, 04:59 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
ICYMI

James Gordon ‏@SensReporter 22 Nov
Tally of Phoenix Coyotes losses the NHL covered between 2009 to just prior to sale, according to court docs: $112,708,322.
If the league didn't take those steps with Phoenix they would lose all ability to control where its franchises go.

Old
11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If the league didn't take those steps with Phoenix they would lose all ability to control where its franchises go.
I get the league stepping in. I do not get the league allowing the Coyotes to spend a pretty lucrative amount of cash during some of those years in regards to extensions. Yandle and Doan and Smith stand out.

11-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I get the league stepping in. I do not get the league allowing the Coyotes to spend a pretty lucrative amount of cash during some of those years in regards to extensions. Yandle and Doan and Smith stand out.
Have you looked at there non hockey event calendar through the end of the season ? ... lol at the usage of that arena

4 total non-hockey events

Old
11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Have you looked at there non hockey event calendar through the end of the season ? ... lol at the usage of that arena

damn, they get PJ????

When was the last PJ show here? 2000 (not counting bonnaroo)?

Edit: looking further into that calendar, there are like 5 months where NOTHING is going on there. yeesh.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:

Jerry Moyes screwed the team when he owned it and his legacy is nothing but pain. The real estate development never came to fruition ... the arena is not convenient for much of the fanbase ... there are too many venues in the area in competition for non-hockey events. That said, it isn't a bad place to catch a game then get a few drinks afterwards.

Quote:
Yet they remained in the bottom third of cap spending year after year. Doan's $5.3 mil hit is cheap compared to similar career performers and less than he would have gotten on the open market.

Old
11-26-2013, 09:29 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Can someone tell me why Vermette got #3 star of the game, despite getting what appears to be one and only one point on the night?

Old
11-26-2013, 09:54 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Can someone tell me why Vermette got #3 star of the game, despite getting what appears to be one and only one point on the night?
Because the stars of the game are a completely meaningless vote by the media.

Old
11-26-2013, 11:11 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 650
Quote:
even as 101 pointed out that they were still in the bottom 3rd, the other thing is they had to maintain a product that someone would want to buy… a gutted, guaranteed last place franchise isn't going to sell for as much as a contending franchise with some marketable stars

Old
11-27-2013, 01:43 AM
dulzhok

Quote:

It's because there are plenty of other venues in Phoenix, including the much more centrally located US airways center, which will have JT and Beyonce is the coming weeks. Building an arena in Glendale is one of the worst sports business decisions made in recent times. And only getting out of the first round once didn't help either, but that arena location will be an obstacle they will never overcome.

I'm not sure what Jobing.com's non hockey events schedule has to do with anything.

Preds fans should be the last one's to laughing at the a struggling franchise. If not for our revenue sharing welfare check, Bettman's instance to keep hockey in Nashville, off-ice event subsides, and tax payer subsidies, we wouldn't have a a team.

Last edited by dulzhok: 11-27-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old
11-27-2013, 07:28 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

They got all that and then a lot more.

And I wouldn't even had started if not for the bs gdt they had up.

Old
11-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
New day, new game, new GDT up.

Closed Thread