HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier trade upcoming?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2004, 02:49 PM
  #26
icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
With all the recent injuries to D men across the league, now would be the time to trade one of ours. Teams would be willing to pay a little more.
It would be a good time if only we currently had more than two reserve blueliners (Montador and Commodore), but we don't.

icarus is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 06:55 PM
  #27
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Don't Forget Brennan Evans and Deryk Engalland

But on that topic, does anyone know if we signed either of these players? Or Davis Parley? Or does anyone have a clue what has happened to Jiri Cetkovsky?

kruezer is offline  
Old
01-21-2004, 11:24 PM
  #28
Michalek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
Is wallin expected to return any time soon???

Michalek is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 01:46 AM
  #29
kruezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
Don't Forget Brennan Evans and Deryk Engalland

But on that topic, does anyone know if we signed either of these players? Or Davis Parley? Or does anyone have a clue what has happened to Jiri Cetkovsky?
I was checking out back articles at calgaryflames.com and it appears that Evans and Parley and Engelland were all re-assigned during camp, so I'm assuming that means they're still part of the organization. But does anyone have a clue what happened to Cetkovsky?

kruezer is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 03:05 AM
  #30
icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
I have no idea what happened to Cetkovsky. He was playing for the Hitmen last year and was a waste of an import spot for them. Judging from what he's done so far, I'd say calling him a longshot is an understatement.

Those other guys you mentioned play for Las Vegas of the ECHL (except for when NHL call-ups mean they in turn get called up to the AHL).

icarus is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 01:10 PM
  #31
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
Those other guys you mentioned play for Las Vegas of the ECHL (except for when NHL call-ups mean they in turn get called up to the AHL).
Evans has actually seen 27 games with Lowell. He was much more impressive than Engelland in camp IMO.

Not sure that we signed either of those guys though. They may be on two-way ECHL/AHL deals. I think we signed Parley but I'm not 100% sure.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 05:20 PM
  #32
icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Evans has actually seen 27 games with Lowell. He was much more impressive than Engelland in camp IMO.

Not sure that we signed either of those guys though. They may be on two-way ECHL/AHL deals. I think we signed Parley but I'm not 100% sure.
Evans probably got that many games because of the Wallin injury, no? I do think I recall Parley being signed, and he is definitely in Las Vegas.

icarus is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 06:16 PM
  #33
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
Evans probably got that many games because of the Wallin injury, no? I do think I recall Parley being signed, and he is definitely in Las Vegas.
Davis Parley was assigned to the ECHL Texas Wildcatters and has been with them all season.

Bicycle Repairman is offline  
Old
01-22-2004, 11:27 PM
  #34
icarus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kingston, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
Davis Parley was assigned to the ECHL Texas Wildcatters and has been with them all season.
D'oh, I guess I should have checked the facts before sounding so sure, but I could have sworn I saw Parley on the Wranglers' roster. In any case, I am wrong.

icarus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.