HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Dave Krieger's "State of the Avs"

Old
12-28-2006, 01:19 AM
ColoradoHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Dave Krieger's "State of the Avs"

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...237626,00.html

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post
I am scared to read it. Can someone summarize it for me? Thanks..

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:38 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Didn't say too much. Just talking about the Avs losing players, talked about Pierre and Paul having a good mentor/student relationship, about the Tanguay trade (for the apparently oft-injured Leopold) and that despite all the crap the Avs are still hanging in.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Mules
Waiting for hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
Didn't say too much. Just talking about the Avs losing players, talked about Pierre and Paul having a good mentor/student relationship, about the Tanguay trade (for the apparently oft-injured Leopold) and that despite all the crap the Avs are still hanging in.

Anyone has a bad feeling for the 2007/2008 season? This season, it was Sakic's/ Blake's bonus that tied up our cap. Next year, maybe it will be Jose's bought out?

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 07:56 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Anyone has a bad feeling for the 2007/2008 season? This season, it was Sakic's/ Blake's bonus that tied up our cap. Next year, maybe it will be Jose's bought out?
And exactly how would that be bad if we could find competent goaltending...not excellent mind you....but rather just competent.

I have been really hard on the whole lack of physical presence this team offers and I've been really hard on the goalies and Q's handling of them but the fact is Budaj is the best we've got and at best he's a 1A or 1B goalie and needs someone as good as he is to get us through the season effectively.

While I was for the gamble on Theo (after I unswallowed my tongue after hearing about it) I now understand that it was a gamble that went bust. No need to continue to try and bluff an opponent when they know what cards you are holding. It's time to make a change and if it requires buying out Theo then so be it...but I think it will be a business move and we won't buy him out. It's not the money but rather the wasted money. If Wal-Mart wouldn't buy out Brisbois last summer do you guys actually believe there is a snow-balls chance in hell they'll buy out Theo this summer? Didn't think so.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote