Notices

GDT: Atlanta Illegal Goals @ Buffalo No Goal

Old
12-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Pass McGass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker1 View Post
And now they screw us out of a goal with a quick whistle when Miller muffs the catch & we knock it in -- then Buff gets a quick goal. Refs cost us 3 goals tonight (2 GA and 1 FOR) for sure, ruining a good close game.
Just wondering...what do you think is a fair amount of time for the goalie to hold the puck before a whistle is blown? He made the save, held it for ~1-2 seconds and then dropped it. Should the goalie have to hold it for 5 seconds or something?

Atlanta definitely played better than Buffalo, but Miller played better than Atlanta. Were the refs stopping Hossa from doing anything too? Because I only heard his name a few times.

Pass McGass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
thrasherfan93

vCash: 500
Ahh you are right the goalie should have to hold it for a second or two, but Miller never held it. He flubbed the save into a rebound and didn't cover it up. The ref is standing right there and assumed easy save and blew the whistle. If he would have been looking through his good eye he would have seen no control by Miller.

thrasherfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Pass McGass

vCash: 520
Yeah, I'm guessing he just lost sight of it. That's how it has been this year it seems. Goalies will hold the puck for what feels like 5 or 6 seconds or so with no whistle, and then sometimes they blow it immediately after it touches their jersey.

Pass McGass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 09:23 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

i thought an atlanta player came in and played it out of millers equipment

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 09:37 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass McGass View Post
Just wondering...what do you think is a fair amount of time for the goalie to hold the puck before a whistle is blown? He made the save, held it for ~1-2 seconds and then dropped it. Should the goalie have to hold it for 5 seconds or something?

Atlanta definitely played better than Buffalo, but Miller played better than Atlanta. Were the refs stopping Hossa from doing anything too? Because I only heard his name a few times.
You're right Miller was great but not that play, he never had it. It looked to go in, pop rignt out and drop down, ends up sliding under him to the goal were Marian knocks it in.

Refs aren't perfect and this guy was probably assuming he had it, he was shielded by Miller's body.

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Fravashis

My thoughts from the game (I just got in). Kovy DESPERATELY needs someone to play with. He was with Kapanen and Sim tonight, and they're just not doing it. And gamera, as much as I know you like Sim, he got pushed around all night. Secondly I think our defense actually played really well except for that one 3 on 1 that was the direct cause of the second goal. Oh yeah, GET THE GOD DAMN PUCK ON NET! I was behind the Thrashers net for two of the three periods, and there were at least 7-10 shots that just went sailing wide that should have been on net. Worst of all was Vigier on the shorthanded breakaway when he actually managed to almost shoot it over the glass .

I think more than anything though, we ran into a good goaltender and we couldnt finish. We had alot of chances, but when it actually came to getting the puck in the net, we couldnt do it. One play kind of sums up the game for me. Kovy had just blew by a Buffalo defenseman and threaded a beauty of a pass to Sim, all Sim had to to was make contact with that puck and he would have had half the net to shoot at, instead he completely wiffed and it went back the other way. Kovy needs someone to play with.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 04:56 AM
Lux Aurumque*

I agree that Kovy needs a center, but who can we honestly go pick up? We're stuck with what we have for now, and that isn't really all that bad, 2nd in the East certainly isn't anything to be ashamed of.

We didnt win, it's not a big deal, Buffalo is a VERY good team, and there's no shame in losing to them. However, we can't continue to be streaky, we can't follow this loss up with more, let's jump back in there and kick the **** out of the Heatleys on Monday night. GO THRASHERS!

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:28 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
Kovy needs someone to play with.
Nosferatu and I were talking about this in the Tampa thread I believe the other night. I kind of looks like Kovy is really pressing out there and is kind of doing things like he did when he was younger and didn't have a lot of talent on his line. (ie...trying to skate the puck through 3 guys and only passing when he has at least 3 or more guys on him, that kind of stuff) He is trying to hard and it shows in his score line....he can't right now. I like the Thrashers role players, but I think he needs someone else on a line with him. He really needs a Doan, Nagy, or Foresberg (Heck even a Weight, Guerin, or Tkachuk) on a line with him. I hope DW sees this as well and pulls of a trade to get some talent for that line.

What did you think of Krog's play? You got to see him play with Hossa and Kozlov tonight....do you think he is a viable option to center that line for the rest of the season? He made a really bad play tonight that lead to that second goal, he was covering for what ever defenseman (deVries I think) pinched in and all he did was the old ole' to Roy as he went by him and turned the rush into a 3 on 1. Other than that I thought he played a decent game. What did you think after getting your first inperson see?

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote