HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What ever happened to Lapperiere22 and other posters?

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
What ever happened to Lapperiere22 and other posters?

I just remember Lappierre22 (not necessarily an Avs fan) and a large number of other knowledgeable posters pre-NHL strike on these boards. Seems like HFBoards lost a large number of great hockey posters that never returned post-strike.

Not saying many knowledgeable and passionate posters remain, but it is regrettable that so many left. Many used to post on the other board as well (what are now the Fanhome boards) are gone, and that board has essentially died.

It just seems that some of the best hockey posters never returned post-NHL strike. Not just Avalanche related, but accross the entire HFBoards network. I realize it is merely anecdotal in nature, but you can't tell me that the NHL strike did not cause irreparable damage to the game in terms of fan support.

So much for my rambling post of the evening...

Old
12-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I just remember Lappierre22 (not necessarily an Avs fan) and a large number of other knowledgeable posters pre-NHL strike on these boards. Seems like HFBoards lost a large number of great hockey posters that never returned post-strike.

Not saying many knowledgeable and passionate posters remain, but it is regrettable that so many left. Many used to post on the other board as well (what are now the Fanhome boards) are gone, and that board has essentially died.

It just seems that some of the best hockey posters never returned post-NHL strike. Not just Avalanche related, but accross the entire HFBoards network. I realize it is merely anecdotal in nature, but you can't tell me that the NHL strike did not cause irreparable damage to the game in terms of fan support.

So much for my rambling post of the evening...

I miss a lot of the old posters too. Lappy is gone, RIAL got banned, Dario rarely posts here anymore, and a couple others just went awol. Remember though, a lot of the guys around here changed their user names, so that might be why you don't recognize them.

Old
12-22-2006, 10:20 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I miss a lot of the old posters too. Lappy is gone, RIAL got banned, Dario rarely posts here anymore, and a couple others just went awol. Remember though, a lot of the guys around here changed their user names, so that might be why you don't recognize them.
I talked to RIAL about that...and he said that it was a complete BS reason as to why it happened...but never went any further than that...other than to say that it was between him and a moderator...

Ho-hum...I fear I've said too much.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
Old
12-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I talked to RIAL about that...and he said that it was a complete BS reason as to why it happened...but never went any further than that...other than to say that it was between him and a moderator...

Ho-hum...I fear I've said too much.
That's the impression I got as well, although I don't know the details or who it involved. I always liked RIAL as a poster. We disagreed on a few things early on, but right before he left I noticed we agreed on most things. I always felt he had a similar viewpoint on hockey and the Avs that I did, although he was a bit more outspoken with somethings.

Old
12-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Dario posted a bit on the http://www.avalanche-country.com forum. He has a few interesting takes on our "current" situation.

Old
12-31-2006, 05:18 PM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
That's the impression I got as well, although I don't know the details or who it involved. I always liked RIAL as a poster. We disagreed on a few things early on, but right before he left I noticed we agreed on most things. I always felt he had a similar viewpoint on hockey and the Avs that I did, although he was a bit more outspoken with somethings.
Yah and he also knew Wojtek

Old
12-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Sorry guys, its against HF rules to discuss banned posters. I'm gonna have to lock this one down.

Closed Thread