HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Positive Thread: Rangers Rangers Rangers

Old
01-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
The Positive Thread: Rangers Rangers Rangers

Jaromir Jagr has 52 pts...despite his shoulder surgery is having a very productive year that will just get better as he continues his full recovery

Martin Straka is having one hell of a year. 18 goals and 27 helpers at the midway point is AWESOME!!!

Mr Nylander...CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY!!! is having a great season as well. 13 goals and 30 helpers at the 40 game mark is A OK!

Henrik Lundqvist has shown he is capable of shutting teams down in his sophmore year in the NHL. Yes he needs some soild D infront of him but really now who doesn't. This guy is just AWESOME to watch! Has he given up a SO point yet this season?

Fedor Tyutin is building a lot of great character on the ice, still young but he does show some very clear glimpses of a great player in the making. Love the Hip Check

Brendan Shanahan ....there are no words to express how appreciated Brendans game is.....I am SO GLAD he is a Ranger this season. Glad for Us and Glad for him. 23 goals at the midpoint! How freakin amazing would it be if he score 50!

Kevin Weekes This man does not get near the props he should. He has won some BIG games and than BIG MAN THAT HE IS goes back to the end of the bench and plays his important role. Notice he was the first guy to pump up Rachnek from the bench before his penalty shot...he is a wonderful addition to this team and worth every red cent!

Please feel free to add your comments and positive thoughts to this thread!

01-01-2007, 02:48 PM
lotus

Hollweg hasn't slowed down one bit either. And is due for a goal soon.

Kaspar is scoring ! hahah.

Pock is getting ice time. For now.

Rachunek looks okay

Prucha is picking it up again.

We have some competition in the division with the Flyers sitting in the cellar!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 02:54 PM
TheRedressor

Kaspar is on pace for 6 goals, enough said.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 03:25 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Prucha got 2 goals last game...Jed is on his way back...Orr finally played a good game...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
bleedrngrblue

chief.....are you the same chief from the msg boards?

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rangers are ABSOLUTELY in the playoff race.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:32 PM
lotus

Jagrs girl is smokin.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:37 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Rangers are ABSOLUTELY in the playoff race.
so is every other team in the east besides Philly lol.

but awesome thread, finally some optimism rolling.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:43 PM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Kaspar is on pace for 6 goals, enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
Jagrs girl is smokin.
img?

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Pizza

Nice to see this thread.

Good change of pace from the usual sturm und drang.

Links to pics of Jagr's Frau please.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I believe Mr. Jagrs lady friend is named Inna Puhajková. She is a sweet girl from Czech.

Lovely indeed. An excellent addition to a POSITIVE thread!!

Old
01-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Fletch

Can I bring negaticism to the positive thread?

I can say that Shanahan has brought exactly what one would've hoped he'd bring to this team, and a bit more. Shame Renney wore him down so early.

I think Tyutin is showing the passion that was missing last season. He's had his ups and downs mentally, but I think he's playing at a consistently high intensity level that many of us questioned last season; now just do it for the rest of the season and 15 more seasons.

Rachunek has had his ups and downs, but seems to have played mostly well the last few weeks. He's had his gaffes, but he's trying and showing he can play the point and move the puck.

Having said all that, Rozsival's been this team's best defenseman. He's usually going against top lines, and doing it with subpar partners. Sholtblocking, bodychecking, you name it. Kudos to him. His offense has picked up, but still isn't deserved of the ice time, especially on the PP, but he's been good overall this season.

Straka is finally putting home the chances he had last season. Glad to see it because nobody works harder to get than Straka.

Jagr's having a good point season, but my only negative to the positive thread is that he's about 60-70% of last season. Too often ineffective, too often disinterested. His assists are there, but his goals are down and he's actually setting up a good deal less chances (although his lineamtes are converting at a higher rate). I'm not sure if it's the injury, or something else.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:18 PM
crisb

Quote:
I believe Mr. Jagrs lady friend is named Inna Puhajková. She is a sweet girl from Czech.

Fine, fine, fine.

Okay...

Good-

Shanny's production and leadership

Jagr's comeback

Henrik mostly being good

Weekes stealing a couple of games

Tyutin and his hip check

Nylander and Straka getting points

Aaron Ward being mostly solid

Holleweg being himself

Hossa strong with the puck

Ward centering first line

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:26 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I can say that Shanahan has brought exactly what one would've hoped he'd bring to this team, and a bit more. Shame Renney wore him down so early.

I think Tyutin is showing the passion that was missing last season. He's had his ups and downs mentally, but I think he's playing at a consistently high intensity level that many of us questioned last season; now just do it for the rest of the season and 15 more seasons.

Rachunek has had his ups and downs, but seems to have played mostly well the last few weeks. He's had his gaffes, but he's trying and showing he can play the point and move the puck.

Having said all that, Rozsival's been this team's best defenseman. He's usually going against top lines, and doing it with subpar partners. Sholtblocking, bodychecking, you name it. Kudos to him. His offense has picked up, but still isn't deserved of the ice time, especially on the PP, but he's been good overall this season.

Straka is finally putting home the chances he had last season. Glad to see it because nobody works harder to get than Straka.

Jagr's having a good point season, but my only negative to the positive thread is that he's about 60-70% of last season. Too often ineffective, too often disinterested. His assists are there, but his goals are down and he's actually setting up a good deal less chances (although his lineamtes are converting at a higher rate). I'm not sure if it's the injury, or something else.
I thought Tyutin and Ward are usually against the other teams top lines. Most of the teams match lines and Jagr is going against the other teams 3rd line (With Rozsival and Malik/whoever on defense). While Renney puts Tyutin with Ward on with the 3rd line who are matched up against the other teams top line.

Tyutin and Ward also average more even strength time then Rozsival. Rozsival is getting about 5:00 of PP time a game though Tyutin and Ward combined only get just over 1:30.

Its not always like that but more often then not I see Ward and Tyutin against the other teams top line.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Jagr's having a good point season, but my only negative to the positive thread is that he's about 60-70% of last season.
Negatives are not allowed in the Positive thread.

What you meant to say is "I am toatally impressed with how hard Jagr has worked to recover from shoulder surgery and contribute to the teams success"

Old
01-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Fletch

Yes, that's what I meant..

but give me credit, for being so negative lately, at least I tried.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:44 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Flyers are doing bad.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
XploD

Quote:

That's a good looking girl.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
but give me credit, for being so negative lately, at least I tried.
Every Pearl begins as one grain of sand!

Old
01-02-2007, 01:16 AM
KasparKrunch

kasparaitis overcoming the AHL and scoring 2 goals in the same month.

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:20 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Ortsy coming back. Say what you want about Jed and what he means or doesn't mean to the team, but it's great that he's come all the way back.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ortsy coming back. Say what you want about Jed and what he means or doesn't mean to the team, but it's great that he's come all the way back.
I think it was clear to me after his first season.....if he had a nice set of hands he'd have been Messier's successor. He oozes leadership.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:45 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Jaromir Jagr has 52 pts...despite his shoulder surgery is having a very productive year that will just get better as he continues his full recovery

Martin Straka is having one hell of a year. 18 goals and 27 helpers at the midway point is AWESOME!!!

Mr Nylander...CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY!!! is having a great season as well. 13 goals and 30 helpers at the 40 game mark is A OK!

Henrik Lundqvist has shown he is capable of shutting teams down in his sophmore year in the NHL. Yes he needs some soild D infront of him but really now who doesn't. This guy is just AWESOME to watch! Has he given up a SO point yet this season?

Fedor Tyutin is building a lot of great character on the ice, still young but he does show some very clear glimpses of a great player in the making. Love the Hip Check

Brendan Shanahan ....there are no words to express how appreciated Brendans game is.....I am SO GLAD he is a Ranger this season. Glad for Us and Glad for him. 23 goals at the midpoint! How freakin amazing would it be if he score 50!

Kevin Weekes This man does not get near the props he should. He has won some BIG games and than BIG MAN THAT HE IS goes back to the end of the bench and plays his important role. Notice he was the first guy to pump up Rachnek from the bench before his penalty shot...he is a wonderful addition to this team and worth every red cent!

Please feel free to add your comments and positive thoughts to this thread!

Rangers finally sticking up for each other. I wonder why no one did anything earlier when Prucha got nailed by Neil, and when Jagr and the other players were getting run ealier in the season.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Flyers are doing bad.
Always a good thing, but I'd rather they be good and we beat em in the playoffs.

Old
01-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Pizza

Quote:

You make an excellent point here. Allowing for the fact that the guy really did not have a training camp to speak of, he's doing very well indeed.