HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wed., Nov. 27, 2013|Flyers 2 at Lightning 4

Old
11-28-2013, 01:55 PM
ICAPNASTYI

vCash: 500
2 losses and everyone steps back out onto the ledge again?

Trade Giroux? Come on guys...

Last edited by ICAPNASTYI: 11-28-2013 at 02:21 PM.
ICAPNASTYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

LOL @ the Giroux complaints... you people are clueless and just want to cry and complain.

Even forgetting Giroux completely, I would doubt even Crosby would have much success with Hartnell and Voracek the way they've been playing this season. They're both absolutely awful right now. I'll say it over and over, the biggest problem right now is Giroux needs help on the first line that he's simply not getting, all the other team has to do is focus on him and they're set.

Get rid of Hartnell for one because he's borderline useless and I don't want him screwing up the other lines if he's moved off the first.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:00 PM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
LOL @ the Giroux complaints... you people are clueless and just want to cry and complain.

Even forgetting Giroux completely, I would doubt even Crosby would have much success with Hartnell and Voracek the way they've been playing this season. They're both absolutely awful right now. I'll say it over and over, the biggest problem right now is Giroux needs help on the first line that he's simply not getting, all the other team has to do is focus on him and they're set.

Get rid of Hartnell for one because he's borderline useless and I don't want him screwing up the other lines if he's moved off the first.
It's never Giroux's fault, always his linemates who fail to convert... other teams focus on him... blah... sorry, but don't you think teams try to shut down Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin.. in the very same way as Giroux? Why is it that they are delivering?

A guy who will earn 10M next year is supposed to make everyone on his line better and should not depend on them as much as you want to make us believe.

I'm not suggesting they should trade him but he needs to step it up soon! And if he can't handle the wear and tear, Berube better take him off the PK as a first step to shelter his minutes. It's not like he is killing it on the PK anyway.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Garbage Goal

This team is extremely lacking in two-way forwards and high-end goal scorers. At this point I'd be happy and not surprised at all to only manage one 30 goal scorer on this team in any given year with the forwards we have. Maybe two. Even besides that we certainly don't have anyone who can be really relied upon for more then 30 G production in the slightest.

We also basically have the Couturier forward and that's it as far as two-way forwards go. Hartnell, Giroux, Simmonds, etc. all range from flat-out bad to mediocre defensively. Then we have depth guys like Hall and Raffl who excel defensively but we can't really rely on to score thus not making them two-way players.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 05:24 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

What makes things more difficult for the flyers is that they still don't have enough production from the backend to keep teams honest. Streit is the only one with a heavy enough shot that he get on net and as Meltzer pointed out today in his blog post he needs to pick it up considerably and get more than 1 goal....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
It's never Giroux's fault, always his linemates who fail to convert... other teams focus on him... blah... sorry, but don't you think teams try to shut down Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin.. in the very same way as Giroux? Why is it that they are delivering?

A guy who will earn 10M next year is supposed to make everyone on his line better and should not depend on them as much as you want to make us believe.

I'm not suggesting they should trade him but he needs to step it up soon! And if he can't handle the wear and tear, Berube better take him off the PK as a first step to shelter his minutes. It's not like he is killing it on the PK anyway.
I assume you didn't even read what I said based on your response. If you actually watch the games you'll notice that Hartnell turns the puck over nearly every time he touches the puck, he always has bad passes, and he doesn't have much of shot. Voracek had a great year last year and has completely regressed this year. Hes not shooting as much or as well as he did last year, he's been turning the puck over a lot, and he's looked lazy or plenty of times. When 2/3 of the line is playing terrible it doesn't really matter how good or bad the other player is playing, its going to be extremely difficult to produce. Crosby, Stamkos, and Ovi all have linemates that are any least capable on their own and must be focussed on as well, which gives those three players more time and space to work their magic.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 07:18 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I assume you didn't even read what I said based on your response. If you actually watch the games you'll notice that Hartnell turns the puck over nearly every time he touches the puck, he always has bad passes, and he doesn't have much of shot. Voracek had a great year last year and has completely regressed this year. Hes not shooting as much or as well as he did last year, he's been turning the puck over a lot, and he's looked lazy or plenty of times. When 2/3 of the line is playing terrible it doesn't really matter how good or bad the other player is playing, its going to be extremely difficult to produce. Crosby, Stamkos, and Ovi all have linemates that are any least capable on their own and must be focussed on as well, which gives those three players more time and space to work their magic.
Sounds kind of like Giroux this year.....

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:21 PM
blinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Sounds kind of like Giroux this year.....
Bad passes? He's always tried to make seemingly low percentage passes, they just seem worse this year because even the ones that get through go nowhere because Hartnell, and to a lesser extent Voracek, never do anything with them. I can't count how many times Giroux has threaded a pass through 2 or more opposing players right in front of Hartnell and watched him whiff, miss the net or find some other way to **** it up.

Playmakers like Giroux live and die with their linemates. I'll give you the shot though, that shooting % is embarrassing.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:26 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinds View Post
Bad passes? He's always tried to make seemingly low percentage passes, they just seem worse this year because even the ones that get through go nowhere because Hartnell, and to a lesser extent Voracek, never do anything with them. I can't count how many times Giroux has threaded a pass through 2 or more opposing players right in front of Hartnell and watched him whiff, miss the net or find some other way to **** it up.

Playmakers like Giroux live and die with their linemates. I'll give you the shot though, that shooting % is embarrassing.
Yes, he forces everything out there.

The other two have been bad but so has Giroux, pegging it 100% on them is truly delusional. Hartnell's been pretty horrible all year & the other two had their games where they played really well but for the most part have been average at best which is unacceptable for players of their talent levels.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-28-2013 at 08:31 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote