HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-1 MARKOV FOR NORRIS

Old
11-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Runner77

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Well we have to pray that DD is working himself out of negative value with his recent play. I don't understand what MB was thinking and I can't blame MT for just working with what he has. So far he's been doing a good job.
Much less of a spotlight on DD, with his recent point production and the team winning -- best thing that could have happened to diffuse the situation.

I'd chalk MB's contract with DD as a rookie GM mistake, even if, MB is surrounded by the likes of Dudley. Can't say MB has really been effective since the Cole deal, still a head-scratcher on how he keeps saying we have small forwards, signs DD and then extends an offer sheet to Brière. He had made his bed with DD, should have passed on Brière -- and it's not just hindsight, a lot of us made the same observation at the time. But, we're not done -- let's try to get it right on the next move.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Bryson

vCash: 500
Wow just noticed that Markov played the full final 3 minutes of the game. What a monster!

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Sabres fans are mad.

Like every team, they think the opposition gets all the calls.

With that said, the Myers penalty on Gallagher was a terrible call.

I thought we did them a favour beating them ?

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:23 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Sabres fans are mad.

What was the penalty for? I was watching the Sabres telecast and they were too busy talking about the injustice that Myers had because he was so much taller than Gallagher. I assumed it was boarding?

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Bryson

What about that hit from behind on Subban that led to a goal? Some are saying that was a missed boarding minor.

Anyone know where I can see White's reaction to his penalty when he winked? Any gifs or videos? <3 White

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
What was the penalty for? I was watching the Sabres telecast and they were too busy talking about the injustice that Myers had because he was so much taller than Gallagher. I assumed it was boarding?
Yeah, it was called a boarding penalty. Was pretty weak. Well, really weak.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Yeah, it was called a boarding penalty. Was pretty weak. Well, really weak.
I am a firm believer that every team gets hosed on occasion with bad calls and that they eventually even out over a course of a season. We win some calls, we lose some calls.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
If Murray can't get a punch in on John Scott, and gets badly bloodied, can anyone tell me his purpose on the team? Not that fighting serves a real purpose, but whatever. He's terrible with the puck, terrible without the puck, terrible in his skating, his corsi rating his horrible, he's always playing in his own zone because he can't get the puck out of the zone, and now, you're telling me he can't even throw a punch? He's entering the Francis Bouillon category of "horrible-ness".

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusty8 View Post
If Murray can't get a punch in on John Scott, and gets badly bloodied, can anyone tell me his purpose on the team? Not that fighting serves a real purpose, but whatever. He's terrible with the puck, terrible without the puck, terrible in his skating, his corsi rating his horrible, he's always playing in his own zone because he can't get the puck out of the zone, and now, you're telling me he can't even throw a punch? He's entering the Francis Bouillon category of "horrible-ness".
A big physical dude amongst a bunch of dwarfs, i'll keep him. He more than held his own against the biggest monster in the league.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Eller and Galchenyuk are not Jagr. Prust just doesn't fit with them.

Also, not only are they getting less PP time, but they are getting less offensive chances as well. They now play pretty tough minutes as a line after Plekanec and get a lot of defensive zone starts compared to earlier on in the year. They certainly aren't getting any favors from the coach, who seems 100% focused on getting Desharnais going and keeping him producing. His line gets thrown out constantly against weaker opposition, get Markov-Subban pairing and get quality 1st wave PP time. Earlier in the year Therrien would give 30-40 seconds each unit on the PP to get 3 units in the two minutes, now Desharnais and Pacioretty are getting the full 1 minute.

The only thing Chucky and Eller can do with Prust is cycle the puck. Also, their transition game isn't as strong because Prust can't carry a puck. Before, Eller or Galchenyuk could have dished the puck to Gallagher who was able to carry it in over the blue-line and initiate a play, Prust can't. All he can do is dump it because he doesn't have the skill to hold on to the puck. He's a bad fit. Teams don't pay attention to him when they are together, gives Eller and Galchenyuk less space and time.
Yet Prust was brilliant with Chucky and Gally last year?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Yet Prust was brilliant with Chucky and Gally last year?
He also played with Eller and Galchenyuk last year as well, but they weren't as watched. Teams now focus in on Eller and Galchenyuk more than ever. Less time and space for line compared to last year and Prust doesn't have the creativity to cause the opponents to make errors.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 05:07 PM
dutchy29

What a great night in Buffalo! lucked out and got 80$ tickets from some random guy trying to get rid of tickets 2nd row from the ice and watched the habs shoot twice. got to see both PP goals from the Habs, really clicking. noticed Prust still pretty rusty with eller and chuck but he may need some time. Bournival is just great and i could see him stealing that position with eller and chuck but time will tell. Anyway The Niagra center was super quiet compared with the Bell center...I mean i expected that seeing their position in the standings and all but it was eerie quiet (no pun intended.) Just a ton of Habs fans their despite the weather and would recommend checking it out if any on you get the opportunity. It helped that they won too.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
What about that hit from behind on Subban that led to a goal? Some are saying that was a missed boarding minor.
It was a missed diving call, don't be a homer.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 05:10 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Sabres fans are mad.

sorry how was the Myers penalty on Gallagher a terrible call?

Old
11-28-2013, 05:14 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
He makes forwards think twice before floating into our zone against the many small players we have on this team, he can clear the crease for Price with a single swipe, he actually held his own vs. Scott who is a complete monster and could kill 90% of the players in this league in a fight. he can land bone jarring hits on the opponents which does kill momentum from the opposing team. if used more often and leave Bouillion at home he will get more comfortable in defensive zone IMO

Old
11-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
A big physical dude amongst a bunch of dwarfs, i'll keep him. He more than held his own against the biggest monster in the league.
Being physical doesn't mean you will control the puck more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
He makes forwards think twice before floating into our zone against the many small players we have on this team, he can clear the crease for Price with a single swipe, he actually held his own vs. Scott who is a complete monster and could kill 90% of the players in this league in a fight. he can land bone jarring hits on the opponents which does kill momentum from the opposing team. if used more often and leave Bouillion at home he will get more comfortable in defensive zone IMO
Clearing the crease is supposed to be his butter & bread, yet he pushed Jared Boll into Carey Price and that cost us one goal against Columbus. Knowing we lost by 1 goal, Murray costed us 1 point for sure, and potentially, 2 points.

All the forwards are thinking when floating in the Montreal zone with Murray on the ice is how easy it is to get a good shot on Carey Price.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 05:24 PM
dutchy29

Quote:

Clearing the crease is supposed to be his butter & bread, yet he pushed Jared Boll into Carey Price and that cost us one goal against Columbus. Knowing we lost by 1 goal, Murray costed us 1 point for sure, and potentially, 2 points.

All the forwards are thinking when floating in the Montreal zone with Murray on the ice is how easy it is to get a good shot on Carey Price.
The forwards think the same when Cube is on the ice and his -10 backs that up. I'm not arguing that Murray is a great by any means but on this small squad, which has got pushed around more often that not in the last decade if you have to chose between two fairly evenly talented bottom pairing defenceman, its a no brainer to pick the one who can cause some fear in the opponent and stick up for the likes of Markov of Pleks. If we don't create space for these small forwards come playoff time it will be another quick exit. IMO

Old
11-28-2013, 07:25 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Can we take a step back for a second and recognize how insane it is that people want to change a line-up that's won 4 straight to put in George Parros? Some of your insecurities about how we're ever going to survive playing the big bad Leafs are just mind-blowing.

You can't even make the argument that Parros has played well this year and deserves to get a game. He hasn't and he doesn't. He's been actively detrimental to the team when he's been in the line-up, in fact.
Toronto has as many points as we do.

Orr and McClaren have zero goals.

Turning the other cheek (concussions) are overrated. Rather have Parros fight Orr than Prust or Subban or Gorges or any other skill player.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 07:28 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:

Sure. Scott was going after either Gionta or Pleks. Better to have one of those players fight Scott. Right?

Too many people miss the ***** play under Martin.

Old
11-28-2013, 07:35 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
lol Parros.
Lol one punch concussion for Bourque from Orr.

Old
11-28-2013, 07:42 PM
StellerEller
Neednewname:(

vCash: 351
I would want Parros in but there's no one I would want to take out

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:06 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Sure. Scott was going after either Gionta or Pleks. Better to have one of those players fight Scott. Right?

Too many people miss the ***** play under Martin.
it's not even that... the guy is complaining Murray didnt beat -> 6'8 John Scott.

reality : simple fact Murray didnt get killed is a plus.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Runner77

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
it's not even that... the guy is complaining Murray didnt beat -> 6'8 John Scott.

reality : simple fact Murray didnt get killed is a plus.
I'd go beyond that -- Murray is only one of a handful of players who dares stand up to Scott -- many would have seen an earlier exit or not gotten into it altogether.

Runner77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Lol one punch concussion for Bourque from Orr.
Well, Parros got a concussion too, and we lost 4-3.
Having Parros, Orr, McLaren will never prevent guys like Scott to go after Kessel.

Enough of this crap already. Enforcers won't stop moronic acts from happening, whether it's from enforcers themselves or others. It just won't.
You want Parros there because if Orr does some crap or tries to go after guys like PK (and he will), then you want instant revenge on that SoB. That's it, that's all.

Enough of this stupid belief, like seriously.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Andy

Parros makes the team worse by being able to take a decent shift. Therrien can't send out in 4th line in confidence as he as been doing on the streak. Therrien hasn't been afraid to throw out Moen-White and Bounival against decent competition to give his other three lines a breather (in fact, the 4th line has actually been pretty good at generating chances). We won't get this with Parros, just look at his return, he and the line was brutal. Not only were they completely ineffective, but they were a liability.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote