HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need serious skate help.

Old
11-28-2013, 09:39 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
So, bring them with you into the store and place them in before you put them on your feet?

Interesting, I am just not going to do it just in case something happens (the insole melts or something), its too expensive to risk it.
Yeah bring them in, have the guy bake them without any insoles in them, then ask him/her to put in SF immediately after they come out. Make sure the SF is trimmed for the skate.

There are glues in the SF b/w the foam bed and the plastic cup. You'd rather not heat that up.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Watch for the Yeti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Yeah bring them in, have the guy bake them without any insoles in them, then ask him/her to put in SF immediately after they come out. Make sure the SF is trimmed for the skate.

There are glues in the SF b/w the foam bed and the plastic cup. You'd rather not heat that up.
Thanks a ton for being a huge help!

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 11:20 PM
octopi

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickchecked View Post
I used to have issues over tightening my laces but then I struggled with skates that felt a little loose. This was made worse after replacing a broken lace with waxed laces.

Lately, though, I discovered if I crank down on the bottom two loops HARD and just apply normal pressure on the middle loops and then tight on the top two, my foot feels snug in the boot and I have zero pain/discomfort.
As far as lacing with the newer (non leathr boots) I went with underlacing which was the recommendation for the newer skates(youtube it)

No real problems except intially I went too tight and got a nice missing path of skin.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote