HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-1 MARKOV FOR NORRIS

Old
11-28-2013, 11:29 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aingaran View Post
That way Leafs don't do what they did last year. Or what the Senators did to them last year.

Parros HAS to be in the line up against the Leafs. Carlyle will be dressing Orr, McLaren and Fraser.

Briere sits.
these three at least can, and i use the word loosely, play a shift. parros, who i was happy we got, is EXACTLY what i thought of when i said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy
we don't need guys that can't ****ing play the game
and that is exactly what parros is.

what do you prefer, a staged fight, or a few goal against.

me i know, i like fights!

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Beendair Donedat

Because if Kriss E says so, it has to be true.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 01:13 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Because if Kriss E says so, it has to be true.
Or...you know, just watch hockey games and notice how enforcers change nothing anymore..

I'm not even against having a guy like Parros. If Orr is going to try to run PK, then I want Parros to do the same to Kessel, and if the big guys decide to square off, so be it, hope Parros beats him.
But to suggest they actually protect guys or make a difference is laughable, and just a month away from 2014, it's about time some people freaking admit it. Nothing wrong with that.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Teufelsdreck

How about inverting the proposition and having the Hab goons smack the opposing skill players first?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 01:22 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Meh, if Parros is just there to fight, whatever. Double shift a player on the fourth line and rotate that when Parros isn't needed out there.

I do want him out there for the Leafs game though because the Leafs will be taking runs at Subban, Markov, etc. and we need to respond.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Meh, if Parros is just there to fight, whatever. Double shift a player on the fourth line and rotate that when Parros isn't needed out there.

I do want him out there for the Leafs game though because the Leafs will be taking runs at Subban, Markov, etc. and we need to respond.
If our players get 'runned', penalties will be called. Score on the pp, Kovalchuk-point to the penalty bench, rinse, repeat. Fighting is not mandatory, if our players don't wanna go, there's nothing they can do about it.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 08:02 AM
NinetyThree24

I feel like the Leafs "toughness" is overrated.

Who's tough in their top 9? Bozak, Kessel, Kadri, Lupul, Raymond. No. JVR and Clarkson are cancelled out by Patches/Eller and Prust.

Who's tough on their D? Phaneuf doesn't fight and isn't anymore dangerous a hitter than Emelin. Fraser doesn't fight anymore either after his skull got messed up.

Are we really going to alter our game plan for plugs like Orr and McClaren? I'd rather run a skill 4th line that skates circles around them and draws penalties than have Parros in there for a meaningless heavy weight tilt.

NinetyThree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 08:47 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Or...you know, just watch hockey games and notice how enforcers change nothing anymore..

I'm not even against having a guy like Parros. If Orr is going to try to run PK, then I want Parros to do the same to Kessel, and if the big guys decide to square off, so be it, hope Parros beats him.
But to suggest they actually protect guys or make a difference is laughable, and just a month away from 2014, it's about time some people freaking admit it. Nothing wrong with that.
This is why I'd rather have a guy like Matt Cooke. I'd rather be dishing out than have to "reply". Plus he can actually be a useful player. We needed Parros 5 years ago when he could play a defensive role. It's too bad we can't send him on a 2 week conditioning stint to the AHL to play some hard defensive minutes to find his game.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Even with Parros, Orr hurt Pacioretty in the first game and then Parros himself.

Wish Patrick Bordeleau hit UFA as he'd be perfect. Can play a little too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Pr3Va1L

Switch Bournival with Prust and profit !

Brière/Moen/Bourque-Pleks-Gio
Patches-DD-Gallagher
Chucky-Eller-Bournival
Prust-White-Moen

Added bonus: You can probably roll 4 lines with that lineup

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
This is why I'd rather have a guy like Matt Cooke. I'd rather be dishing out than have to "reply". Plus he can actually be a useful player. We needed Parros 5 years ago when he could play a defensive role. It's too bad we can't send him on a 2 week conditioning stint to the AHL to play some hard defensive minutes to find his game.
You'll always have to ''reply'' at some point, but yes, I rather be the aggressor too.
Cooke is more of the Prust type to me, so ya, I'd be all for a guy like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Even with Parros, Orr hurt Pacioretty in the first game and then Parros himself.

Exactly, and yes, I'm disappointed we went after Parros, a guy that isn't that dominating in fights anymore and can't keep up with the game.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:51 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
He had a chance to hit UFA this past off-season and chose to re-up with the Avs.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He had a chance to hit UFA this past off-season and chose to re-up with the Avs.
Yep, that's why I wished he wasn't re-signed since he'd be exactly the goon we'd want that's actually in his prime. Can't blame him for jumping on 3M.

A lot of good goons are acquired for little to nothing at a young age. Perhaps the Habs should try to get in on the action by being more proactive in the goon search/scouting instead of being reactive and picking up the washed up ones? I mean it can't be THAT hard to give out AHL deals to a couple young junior up and coming goons every year and hope one pans out.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Yep, that's why I wished he wasn't re-signed since he'd be exactly the goon we'd want that's actually in his prime. Can't blame him for jumping on 3M.

A lot of good goons are acquired for little to nothing at a young age. Perhaps the Habs should try to get in on the action by being more proactive in the goon search/scouting instead of being reactive and picking up the washed up ones?
They may have already started, with the Crisp pick.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Mrb1p

Yay Connor!

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Why is that simple concept so hard to grasp by so many?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:04 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Well, Parros got a concussion too, and we lost 4-3.
Having Parros, Orr, McLaren will never prevent guys like Scott to go after Kessel.

Enough of this crap already. Enforcers won't stop moronic acts from happening, whether it's from enforcers themselves or others. It just won't.
You want Parros there because if Orr does some crap or tries to go after guys like PK (and he will), then you want instant revenge on that SoB. That's it, that's all.

Enough of this stupid belief, like seriously.
Like, surrender.

Because of the rivalry/hate between the Leafs and Habs, Orr will target our skill players. He has history.

When Orr takes the ice, Parros takes the ice. Fight, get Orr off the ice for 5 minutes. Repeat as needed.

Orr is not a 15 minute per game player. He is a Leafs goon who targets our skill players. And, Orr loves your mentality and wishes Therrien had your beliefs.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 08:52 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Like, surrender.

Because of the rivalry/hate between the Leafs and Habs, Orr will target our skill players. He has history.

When Orr takes the ice, Parros takes the ice. Fight, get Orr off the ice for 5 minutes. Repeat as needed.

Orr is not a 15 minute per game player. He is a Leafs goon who targets our skill players. And, Orr loves your mentality and wishes Therrien had your beliefs.
We can also just ask Gio to take 3-4 golf swings at him, that worked before.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote