HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agents / Deadline

Old
11-28-2013, 08:14 PM
TiCats

vCash: 500
Free Agents / Deadline

Just wondering what players may be a good fit at FA, and if any would be available at the deadline and worth giving up a couple assets to acquire and resign. There are some really good players available next summer and the Habs may afford one.Question is who is the right fit and at what cost?

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/

TiCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:16 PM
PricePkPatch

Camellari!!

edit: seriously, tho. Maybe Hemsky? Not sure if we have the room for Vanek, Subban and Markov...

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Zephyr666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiCats View Post
Just wondering what players may be a good fit at FA, and if any would be available at the deadline and worth giving up a couple assets to acquire and resign. There are some really good players available next summer and the Habs may afford one.Question is who is the right fit and at what cost?

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/
Honestly I have the feeling we won't do anything major at the deadline.

If the devils are out of the playoffs, I would love to go after Jagr and reunite him with pleks... 2nd round + B prospect, would hesitate giving 1st 2014.

Zephyr666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:20 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr666 View Post
Honestly I have the feeling we won't do anything major at the deadline.

If the devils are out of the playoffs, I would love to go after Jagr and reunite him with pleks... 2nd round + B prospect, would hesitate giving 1st 2014.
I guess at the Deadline, Jagr would be awesome indeed.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:23 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Alex Steen. We need a good two-way winger for Pleky.

thaivuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

If some of you dream of Alex Steen, forget it. Some crazy GM will give him 8M x 7years because of the season he's having

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:12 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Jagr would come at a moderate price. For whatever reason Bergevin turned him down in the summer but after seeing how well hes played he hopefully will see ge made a mistake and go for him. Especially because Jagr would thrive on an offensively deep team like ours. He was a poor fit for boston. I feel his style will produce more in Montreal

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
If some of you dream of Alex Steen, forget it. Some crazy GM will give him 8M x 7years because of the season he's having
If one 30 goal 45 point season can net a player almost 40 million, 56 million is not out of the question is Steen gets 40-50 goals lol

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 09:13 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

The best I could see, if you want to stay realistic, will be Radim Vrbata. Winger with goal scoring ability.

HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
The ****ing all star, Dany Heatley, of course.

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:16 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
The best I could see, if you want to stay realistic, will be Radim Vrbata. Winger with goal scoring ability.
Would love him to replace gionta. I also really like Girardi, but I doubt he makes it to FA, and if he does.... $$$$$$$$

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
Is he a UFA at the end of the year?

If so, Alex Steen is the classic conundrum. One great year right when his contract was due. So wtf do you do if he wants 8m x 7? I'd be very hesitant to give him that money.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:21 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Since guys like Vanek will be hard to sign, for forward I'd target Kulemin.. would add some size and can play at both ends of the ice. Also he likely wouldn't break the bank, I think him and Eller would be awesome together.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Jagr would come at a moderate price. For whatever reason Bergevin turned him down in the summer but after seeing how well hes played he hopefully will see ge made a mistake and go for him. Especially because Jagr would thrive on an offensively deep team like ours. He was a poor fit for boston. I feel his style will produce more in Montreal
He's been very good this year. Better than I think anyone expected.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:43 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

If so, Alex Steen is the classic conundrum. One great year right when his contract was due. So wtf do you do if he wants 8m x 7? I'd be very hesitant to give him that money.
lololol x 10

I wouldn't even consider giving him that kind of money. I wouldn't even do 5x$5m.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:46 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Camellari!!

edit: seriously, tho. Maybe Hemsky? Not sure if we have the room for Vanek, Subban and Markov...
Hemsky?

I think it would be a terrible idea to get softer, slower and more injury prone.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Bryson

Quote:
He's been very good this year. Better than I think anyone expected.
2M for one of the legends in the league who's big and can score and has chemistry with your best center? It wasn't that hard to figure out. And now people are talking about giving up a 1st to get him? Not too happy about that.

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Dean Ambrose
k

vCash: 133
I want to see Plekanec and Jagr together on the Habs before Jagr hangs them up. I'd be fine with signing Jagr to a one year deal in the summer.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:21 AM
terreur

vCash: 50
I just can't imagine what Steen will be offered if he hits the UFA market... What's even worst, is that we've seen some pretty average players get incrdible offers based on 1 season... But Steen is the kind of player that you "could" offer a bit more because of all he brings to the table. He's smart, has a huge hockey IQ, his really responsible and has been playing some really good hockey for a lot of years. We all agree that he is overachiving this year, but he would be a real good fit with plekanec.... But he will be offred a 6-7 millions a year deal for a real long time and he's not worth that at all!

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by terreur View Post
I just can't imagine what Steen will be offered if he hits the UFA market... What's even worst, is that we've seen some pretty average players get incrdible offers based on 1 season... But Steen is the kind of player that you "could" offer a bit more because of all he brings to the table. He's smart, has a huge hockey IQ, his really responsible and has been playing some really good hockey for a lot of years. We all agree that he is overachiving this year, but he would be a real good fit with plekanec.... But he will be offred a 6-7 millions a year deal for a real long time and he's not worth that at all!
We don't know how much longer Plekanec will be around, especially if Eller and Galchenyuk solidify themselves as the top 2 centers, Pleks might be a nice trading piece.

I would sign Steen if we could afford it, exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Even when he's not scoring, he's a very useful player. Playing with David Backes and TJ Oshie, he's found good chemistry. Would be nice if we can replicate that with Eller and Gallagher. (Galchenyuk slots in with Pacioretty and someone else)

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:48 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ford View Post
We don't know how much longer Plekanec will be around, especially if Eller and Galchenyuk solidify themselves as the top 2 centers, Pleks might be a nice trading piece.

I would sign Steen if we could afford it, exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Even when he's not scoring, he's a very useful player. Playing with David Backes and TJ Oshie, he's found good chemistry. Would be nice if we can replicate that with Eller and Gallagher. (Galchenyuk slots in with Pacioretty and someone else)
Pleks >>> Steen ainec. I honestly think we should move Pleks to the wing next year or the year after if both Eller and Galchenyuk progress.

You would have to be insane to want Steen over Pleks.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 11:50 AM
FisherKing

Quote:

Go on to the next one on the list.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Pleks >>> Steen ainec. I honestly think we should move Pleks to the wing next year or the year after if both Eller and Galchenyuk progress.

You would have to be insane to want Steen over Pleks.
Nowhere in my post this I say I would take Steen over Plekanec. I said I would like to see the Habs sign Steen

and (this second part has nothing to do with the first part)

Trade Plekanec for a good return, if Eller and Galchenyuk solidify themselves as our top 2 centers.

That's just my opinion.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 12:40 PM
jaffy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Camellari!!

Camellari......don't know him

jaffy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Maxpac

Ryan Callahan to replace Gionta.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote