HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mtl - nyr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2013, 03:46 PM
  #51
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
Which is it? Do you need defense or offense?
We need both!!!

On a more serious note, we need bigger, meaner players, be it on offense or defense. Hagelin is not such a player and therefore doesn't fill a need for the Habs.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 05:39 PM
  #52
Gardner McKay
Global Moderator
You had to be there
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoutheastOfDisorder
Country: United States
Posts: 17,120
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
We need both!!!

On a more serious note, we need bigger, meaner players, be it on offense or defense. Hagelin is not such a player and therefore doesn't fill a need for the Habs.
When a 6'4 220 lb Marc Staal was proposed to MTL as part of a bigger package for Pacioretty, even then it was a "no we don't need defense". I understand the point about looking for size... if you want size we can trade you Taylor Pyatt for anything Please? Pretty please?

__________________
--If we had no faults of our own, we should not take so much pleasure in noticing those in others. - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
--
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 05:41 PM
  #53
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,624
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakeadeal View Post
Tinordi will not be a big time NHL defenseman. He's slooooooow. I wouldn't trade Hagelin for 3 of him.
LOL so untrue, obviously hes no grabner but he skate really fluidly for someone his size

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 12:30 AM
  #54
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 25,909
vCash: 500
If the Habs GM would do this he would get crucified. I don't see Tinordi ever being traded unless the other team overpays.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:19 AM
  #55
LarKing
Registered User
 
LarKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 8,111
vCash: 500
Hagelin is a UofM player so his value is automatically doubled. But seriously, what an awful proposal.

LarKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 06:28 AM
  #56
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 21,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
When a 6'4 220 lb Marc Staal was proposed to MTL as part of a bigger package for Pacioretty, even then it was a "no we don't need defense". I understand the point about looking for size... if you want size we can trade you Taylor Pyatt for anything Please? Pretty please?
we don't need D right now (for this season), but we only have two signed for next season... Markov and Diaz will be UFA, P.K. need to be re-signed, and Murray and Cube will probably not be re-signed.

so, we may be OK without Tinordi this season, but his huge frame on the cheap (900K I think) will be more than welcome next year if we re-sign both Markov and Subban as they'll cost around 13Mil combined.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 06:57 AM
  #57
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,529
vCash: 500
Why would nyr not just call up mcilrath? Tinordi is the same at this pt a prospect

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 07:20 AM
  #58
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
LOL so untrue, obviously hes no grabner but he skate really fluidly for someone his size
what exactly does that mean; either he can skate at NHL level or he cannot. size has no value if he can't skate with NHLers

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:44 AM
  #59
zidell*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Why is Tinordi worth more than Hagelin?
Because he's a prospect. You must be new and don't understand how HF works. The fewer NHL you play, the more valuable you are.

zidell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:46 AM
  #60
jacks*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
what exactly does that mean; either he can skate at NHL level or he cannot. size has no value if he can't skate with NHLers
He can skate NHL level.

jacks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:50 AM
  #61
jacks*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidell View Post
Because he's a prospect. You must be new and don't understand how HF works. The fewer NHL you play, the more valuable you are.
You must be new to hockey.Sometimes the better player is not as valuable to a club compared to what the club is in need of.

jacks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:28 AM
  #62
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
what exactly does that mean; either he can skate at NHL level or he cannot. size has no value if he can't skate with NHLers
**** you talking about? clear case of an ignorant post. Try watching the player before commenting. Tinordi is not in the NHL for two reasons:

1) he's behind boullion and Murray because Therrien is in love with his vets and they want to give him loads of playing time in the A.
2) he needs to work on his outlet pass NOT skating. His skating is terrific for a big guy. Look it up on Google, it was written about extensively in Hab articles

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:29 AM
  #63
Account Terminated
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 32,679
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
He can skate NHL level.
Eh, that's arguable. He still needs some work to be at NHL level.

Account Terminated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:19 AM
  #64
BoNeS42
Registered User
 
BoNeS42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
The last thing I wanna see is another 1st round pick D that goes on to become a monster with the Rangers. Please no

BoNeS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 10:52 AM
  #65
What Door
Arnold
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Tinordi is not even close to being worth Hagelin. The fact that NYR would have to add is preposterous.

We don't need another LHD. We're already trying to unload one (MDZ) to clear the logjam.

We have a better version in McIlrath who actually plays the proper side for our needs (RHD).

Literally zero thought put into this proposal. If OP had posted on the HFNYR and asked about our needs (as other posters have), they would know this deal makes no sense from an NYR perspective.

What Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:25 AM
  #66
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Awful for the Rangers. Really bad.
you guys are smoking some good **** up in new york..if you think the habs would trade tirnordi for hagelin straight up 1/1 you are dreaming in lala land ...tinordi is a stud no way mtl move him...

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:36 AM
  #67
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
you guys are smoking some good **** up in new york..if you think the habs would trade tirnordi for hagelin straight up 1/1 you are dreaming in lala land ...tinordi is a stud no way mtl move him...
Tinordi, after about a dozen games in the NHL, isn't worth a lock of Hagelin's **** hairs.

Keep dreaming.

You can add on top of Tinordi for Hagelin and all we would do is sit back and laugh at your terrible offer.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:39 AM
  #68
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Tinordi, after about a dozen games in the NHL, isn't worth a lock of Hagelin's **** hairs.

Keep dreaming.

You can add on top of Tinordi for Hagelin and all we would do is sit back and laugh at your terrible offer.
keep your 50 pts wingers (best season is 38) and the habs will keep their 6`6 physical d who can move the puck well and drop the gloves..

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:43 AM
  #69
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Tinordi is a fine example of a team lacking a certain type of player that prays he will somehow become more than his talent. The reality is that Tinordi was never even a big time talent in the minors. He will be lucky to have an NHL career.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:45 AM
  #70
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakeadeal View Post
Tinordi is a fine example of a team lacking a certain type of player that prays he will somehow become more than his talent. The reality is that Tinordi was never even a big time talent in the minors. He will be lucky to have an NHL career.
hey look brian melrose is back!

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:59 AM
  #71
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
keep your 50 pts wingers (best season is 38) and the habs will keep their 6`6 physical d who can move the puck well and drop the gloves..
Yea, he produced 38 points in 64 games as a rookie.
Last season he produced 24p in 48 games.
This year, coming off of shoulder surgery, he's produced 11 points in 16 games.

So, despite your **** poor attempt of devaluing Hagelin's value because his career high is 38 points, all you did was expose you don't really know much about Hagelin.

And Hagelin's the type of player that helps his team produce points without scoring up on the stat sheet with his relentless forecheck. His blazing speed is a nightmare for dmen. He's constantly causing turnovers. Disrupting plays. He's stellar on the PK.

Carl Hagelin can be a career 40 point player and he would still play on the top-6 of a number of teams with his incredible all-around game.

But you wouldn't know that. You don't know anything about Hagelin. All you did was google his stats and assume he's a 38 point player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakeadeal View Post
Tinordi is a fine example of a team lacking a certain type of player that prays he will somehow become more than his talent. The reality is that Tinordi was never even a big time talent in the minors. He will be lucky to have an NHL career.
Set your hatred aside when evaluating a player. Don't be like some other posters on these boards. Tinordi's going to be a solid player for a long time.

Not Carl Hagelin solid, but he'll be a regular NHL player with the upside teams look for.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 12:06 PM
  #72
thegreatgasby*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Yea, he produced 38 points in 64 games as a rookie.
Last season he produced 24p in 48 games.
This year, coming off of shoulder surgery, he's produced 11 points in 16 games.

So, despite your **** poor attempt of devaluing Hagelin's value because his career high is 38 points, all you did was expose you don't really know much about Hagelin.

And Hagelin's the type of player that helps his team produce points without scoring up on the stat sheet with his relentless forecheck. His blazing speed is a nightmare for dmen. He's constantly causing turnovers. Disrupting plays. He's stellar on the PK.

Carl Hagelin can be a career 40 point player and he would still play on the top-6 of a number of teams with his incredible all-around game.

But you wouldn't know that. You don't know anything about Hagelin. All you did was google his stats and assume he's a 38 point player.



Set your hatred aside when evaluating a player. Don't be like some other posters on these boards. Tinordi's going to be a solid player for a long time.

Not Carl Hagelin solid, but he'll be a regular NHL player with the upside teams look for.
cant you read i said 50 pts winger..hagelin a good player no doubt..but tinordi type of d is worth more on the market...

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 12:28 PM
  #73
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatgasby View Post
cant you read i said 50 pts winger..hagelin a good player no doubt..but tinordi type of d is worth more on the market...
Not after 14 NHL games on his resume he's not. Maybe one day. He has a lot to prove until he's worth more than Hagelin.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:43 PM
  #74
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
Would the Rangers fans accept the same type of package in the OP if they were receiving such an offer for McIlraith? I am truly curious.

Right now, Montreal has too many smallish wingers in their top 6 with speed and skill. We do not have anybody in our system like Tinordi on defence except for Tinordi. In our system we have prospects who MIGHT be able to develop into a Hagelin type of player (Collberg is one that many of us are high on. Of course he may bust, but he also might become as good as Hagelin), we do not have anyone in our system who can become a Tinordi type of defender.

So, based on team needs and strengths, we should not trade Tinordi for the package proposed here.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 01:53 PM
  #75
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
When a 6'4 220 lb Marc Staal was proposed to MTL as part of a bigger package for Pacioretty, even then it was a "no we don't need defense". I understand the point about looking for size... if you want size we can trade you Taylor Pyatt for anything Please? Pretty please?
While we would truly love Staal on our blue line, you are conveniently forgetting what the cost was: Pacioretty. We have a greater need for a winger with size and skill and grit than we do a defence man who has the same. I love Staal, but we also recognize that he is quite likely to leave as a free agent to join his family in Carolina, whereas Pacioretty is on a sweetheart of a contract for years.

Please keep in mind, team needs are very key to any discussion. Here is a simplification:

1--Yes, Montreal needs a defence man like Staal. It is why we will not trade our ONLY defensive prospect, with any potential to be like Staal, for another small forward.

2--In the same vein, we need forwards with size and skill even more than we need a defence man like that. While we would love Staal,if the price is Pacioretty we have to say "no", not because we do not suddenly want a defender with size (something we would love to get), but because we have a greater need to have a power forward type in our top 6 than we need that defender with size. We also have a defender in our system who might develop into the type we need (Tinordi).

So, I hope I have clarified why Habs fans would not trade Tinordi for a Hagelin type and why we would not trade Paciorety for a Staal type. It is not because there is anything wrong with Hagelin or Staal, both of whom are very desirable and excellent players, but because of what our team needs are. There is no need to insult each others' fan bases or the players involved. We know our team needs and what we can afford to trade to address those needs. Trading Tinordi for another small winger is not a possibility. Trading Pacioretty for a big defender is also not a possibility.

I hope this post helps.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.