HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski

Old
01-02-2007, 09:05 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Grabovski

How does Grabs compare to Briere in terms of style and development at this stage?

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I sure as hell would like the Habs to call him up and try him on the second line with Kovalev and Samsonov right now.

Carb is too much patient with the second line, him and Gainey need to adress this issue right now.

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:20 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
How does Grabs compare to Briere in terms of style and development at this stage?
I would say Grabo is in front of Briere if you compare them at the same age. But Briere went throught an attitude change that made him the player he is today, will this happen with Grabo? doubtful. However he can, imo, become the 60 pts per season 2nd line center we need.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:21 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
I sure as hell would like the Habs to call him up and try him on the second line with Kovalev and Samsonov right now.

Carb is too much patient with the second line, him and Gainey need to adress this issue right now.
Totally agree...but with such a good first 38 games, they can be patient...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Grabs doesn't always go down after initial contact and pretend to be a Flounder being put in a hot frying pan....

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
I would say Grabo is in front of Briere if you compare them at the same age. But Briere went throught an attitude change that made him the player he is today, will this happen with Grabo? doubtful. However he can, imo, become the 60 pts per season 2nd line center we need.
Grabo is already one of the hardest working players I've seen. He doesn't seem like a cocky fellow either.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Grabovsky View Post
Grabs doesn't always go down after initial contact and pretend to be a Flounder being put in a hot frying pan....
I'm glad someone else realized how much of a flopper Briere is. I *highly* dislike him.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
He isn't ready for a callup, if they do call him up, he might end up with a severe concussion. Theres no rush with him and he still has a lot of things to improve on.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
He isn't ready for a callup, if they do call him up, he might end up with a severe concussion. Theres no rush with him and he still has a lot of things to improve on.
Yeah he could get hurt for sure he plays with reckless abandon from what I have seen which is great he kind of reminds me a Theo Fleury ( a bit more tame) but a guns a blazing attitude.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
Oh OK, so you say now if you play too hard and have almost a point a game you don't deserve to be called up...
This makes sense to me, thanks for clearing it up !!!!!
Oh No he might get a concussion, how dumb is this thought !!!!
He is a friggin hockey Playa, not a shuffleboard star...

Old
01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Oh OK, so you say now if you play too hard and have almost a point a game you don't deserve to be called up...
He is putting up points which is great to see, but his play over the last 5 or so games has been a fraction of what he is capable of. For a good stretch of games he looked fantastic, able to do whatever he wanted with the puck, worked hard both ends (if taking a few chances in his own zone) and he looked like he understood almost perfectly what he was supposed to do most of the time on the ice.

Lately, he has picked the puck up in the neutral zone, tried speeding between 4 opponents and either run out of room or lost the puck. Even if he has a winger in a position to make an easy pass to, he ignores it almost all the time. He hustles back through the neutral zone but in his own zone, he doesn't display the same determination as he did earlier in the season. At least twice his man has beaten him to the front of the Dogs net and scored a goal while Grabs coasted.

If I could make a top 10 highlight reel of the best offensive plays by the Hamilton Bulldogs so far this year, he would probably have 4 or 5 of them. He would also feature heavily on a top 10 of the most dangerous plays in his own zone. At the moment, he is a mixed bag and his current form does nothing to deserve a callup. If people are desperate for a callup from Hamilton? Lapierre, Ferland, Kostitsyn - pick one. Grabs is not ready just now. If he regains his top form and holds it over a month or so, I could see him being called up if the situation for a 2nd line centre in Montreal is desperate, but I don't think rushing him into the NHL would be a sure fire positive thing for him.

The point about him always getting crushed, I could argue either way. He does get hit hard, a lot and he could be a little more careful with how sets himself up to be hit. Fortunately, he has always gotten up, but there is a big difference between the AHL and NHL. But I remember from the Legends of Hockey DVD that someone said Maurice Richard would get himself killed on the ice the way he played and sometimes you should let a skilled player get his feet wet and learn to take care of himself. Grabs has the skill to play in the NHL, he just needs to learn how to use his speed to escape trouble, as opposed to skating into it at a quicker pace. He will be in the NHL soon enough, just not right now.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

He's got to be more careful going east to west, but the turnovers are a problem and he's been bad on faceoffs. Still imo he's the most exciting prospect in Hamilton, he can create offense with his speed, passing, hands, it's been a lot of fun watching him and can't wait to see how he progresses.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
He is putting up points which is great to see, but his play over the last 5 or so games has been a fraction of what he is capable of. For a good stretch of games he looked fantastic, able to do whatever he wanted with the puck, worked hard both ends (if taking a few chances in his own zone) and he looked like he understood almost perfectly what he was supposed to do most of the time on the ice.

Lately, he has picked the puck up in the neutral zone, tried speeding between 4 opponents and either run out of room or lost the puck. Even if he has a winger in a position to make an easy pass to, he ignores it almost all the time. He hustles back through the neutral zone but in his own zone, he doesn't display the same determination as he did earlier in the season. At least twice his man has beaten him to the front of the Dogs net and scored a goal while Grabs coasted.

If I could make a top 10 highlight reel of the best offensive plays by the Hamilton Bulldogs so far this year, he would probably have 4 or 5 of them. He would also feature heavily on a top 10 of the most dangerous plays in his own zone. At the moment, he is a mixed bag and his current form does nothing to deserve a callup. If people are desperate for a callup from Hamilton? Lapierre, Ferland, Kostitsyn - pick one. Grabs is not ready just now. If he regains his top form and holds it over a month or so, I could see him being called up if the situation for a 2nd line centre in Montreal is desperate, but I don't think rushing him into the NHL would be a sure fire positive thing for him.

The point about him always getting crushed, I could argue either way. He does get hit hard, a lot and he could be a little more careful with how sets himself up to be hit. Fortunately, he has always gotten up, but there is a big difference between the AHL and NHL. But I remember from the Legends of Hockey DVD that someone said Maurice Richard would get himself killed on the ice the way he played and sometimes you should let a skilled player get his feet wet and learn to take care of himself. Grabs has the skill to play in the NHL, he just needs to learn how to use his speed to escape trouble, as opposed to skating into it at a quicker pace. He will be in the NHL soon enough, just not right now.
Great Post Thanks

Old
01-02-2007, 03:04 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Grabo is already one of the hardest working players I've seen. He doesn't seem like a cocky fellow either.
I wasnt talking about cockyness or hard work.
I was talking about Determination and Confidence.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 03:16 PM
znk

Quote:
This makes sense to me, thanks for clearing it up !!!!!
Oh No he might get a concussion, how dumb is this thought !!!!
He is a friggin hockey Playa, not a shuffleboard star...
How many games have you seen him play and where?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 03:26 PM
MXD

Calling Grabs would mean, at this point, that Plekanec goes down on the depth chart by one spot -- I consider Bonk ahead of him -- and thus gets to center the 4th line, something that worked well in the past...

So we have Latendresse, Begin, Murray, Downey and even Lapierre (heck, if we're going to call a guy who can, on paper, play in the NHL, why not consider calling someone who's proven he can play?) battling for one spot. As long as the Habs do not have another able D-Men to play on the 2nd wave (or as long as there's no injuries on the blue line), Streit gets the other spot.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Agreed...I would love to see Grabovsky.
He has great wheels and is a shooter

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
How many games have you seen him play and where?
Well lets see living now in Fort Erie, I'd say ALMOST ALL their home games, so shut your pie hole...thnx

Last edited by montreal: 01-02-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: next time it's a warning
Old
01-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Why not Grabovski !?

Why not just call him up and try him on 4th line and occasionnally somes shift on 2nd line !? He really have skills to perform at top levels , I just dont know if he learned the way of NA game ...

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Why not just call him up and try him on 4th line and occasionnally somes shift on 2nd line !? He really have skills to perform at top levels , I just dont know if he learned the way of NA game ...
He's just starting to work well at the AHL level, he's not NHL ready, and bringing him up might damage his progression.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 10:47 PM
guest1467

I would like to see what all the fuss is about, would love to see him play. Have never seen the guy play, like many of montreal's prospects. Does anyone think he is ready for next year?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Grab is older than most rookies....he is 23. I say bring him up late in the year...final 20 games or so. Just enough to not interfer with his rookie status for next year

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline   Reply With Quote