HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

High School Hockey Change Room In Minny !!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2013, 04:57 PM
  #1
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Location: Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
High School Hockey Change Room In Minny !!




WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:04 PM
  #2
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool
 
Watch for the Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post


Probably one of the powerhouse prep schools, CM has a pretty impressive one in Mass., Mt. St. Charles' locker room is awful, I must've hit my head on the wall 4 times.

EDIT: I just did some research, Luverne High School is actually a public school, wow, thats pretty crazy.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:16 PM
  #3
Terry Yake
Registered User
 
Terry Yake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
wow that is crazy, especially for a public school

i was expecting it to be one of those big prep schools like shattuck-st mary's

Terry Yake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:20 PM
  #4
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
It wouldn't cost all that much, just need to put some work even. The senior woodshop class could likely build everything required and then it's just some paint.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:47 PM
  #5
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool
 
Watch for the Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
It wouldn't cost all that much, just need to put some work even. The senior woodshop class could likely build everything required and then it's just some paint.
I think what is more impressive is the fact that they have their own private rink.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:50 PM
  #6
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!
 
WhatThePuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Location: Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
This is what my son's high school hockey dressing room looks like here in Canada lol !!


WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:53 PM
  #7
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)
 
snizzbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
I feel like I was just viewed this thread on ****** haha.

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 05:55 PM
  #8
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
I think what is more impressive is the fact that they have their own private rink.
Would need the proper situation obviously but if they're across the street from the rink, I can't see the rink objecting to giving them one of their 30 rooms or whatever if they're renting ice all the time

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 06:21 PM
  #9
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool
 
Watch for the Yeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Swansea, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Would need the proper situation obviously but if they're across the street from the rink, I can't see the rink objecting to giving them one of their 30 rooms or whatever if they're renting ice all the time
Most of the public rinks near my house only have 2 or 3 rooms, maybe 4 max.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 06:48 PM
  #10
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
Most of the public rinks near my house only have 2 or 3 rooms, maybe 4 max.
Really eh? There's aways at least 6 per rink here. Most arenas have 2-4 rinks in them

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  #11
vapor11
Registered User
 
vapor11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Reminds me of the third mighty ducks movie..

Kinda jealous..im long out of HS but here in Thunder Bay home of many nhlers we do not have high school hockey although they did up until late 90s

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
  #12
boo10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
This is what my son's high school hockey dressing room looks like here in Canada lol !!

That looks like St. Mike's

boo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:07 PM
  #13
mkoivu9*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post



yes, it's crazy that this is pretty much the norm these days in HS hockey. I ref and they accommodate us well too.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:11 PM
  #14
mkoivu9*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
Probably one of the powerhouse prep schools, CM has a pretty impressive one in Mass., Mt. St. Charles' locker room is awful, I must've hit my head on the wall 4 times.

EDIT: I just did some research, Luverne High School is actually a public school, wow, thats pretty crazy.
Luverne is a no name school in the hockey world in MN. They are not very good and in the middle of nowhere.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 08:42 PM
  #15
TrueBlue86
Registered User
 
TrueBlue86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
wait, what's a change room?

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 09:14 PM
  #16
scryan
Registered User
 
scryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
It wouldn't cost all that much, just need to put some work even. The senior woodshop class could likely build everything required and then it's just some paint.
That would work awesome for the first month...
maintaining public areas with decent foot traffic is a decent amount of continued work though. Unless that picture was taken the day after install, that is a pretty high level of upkeep and not something that comes from a highschool wood shop.

scryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 06:53 PM
  #17
Thesensation19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
This is what my son's high school hockey dressing room looks like here in Canada lol !!

I am sure its nice but there is something to having a locker room like this. I love this look, no need to be fancy especially at that level. Builds character lol

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 10:01 PM
  #18
PorkChopSandwiches
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goph View Post
Luverne is a no name school in the hockey world in MN. They are not very good and in the middle of nowhere.
... but every time those kids walk in and see this they can have a sense of pride

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 10:32 PM
  #19
greyraven8
Registered User
 
greyraven8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor11 View Post
Reminds me of the third mighty ducks movie..

Kinda jealous..im long out of HS but here in Thunder Bay home of many nhlers we do not have high school hockey although they did up until late 90s
I played a little high school hockey here in Thunder Bay, but that was back in 1987.

Certainly were no rinks or special dressing rooms for high school hockey here. Most rinks have 4 dressing rooms. Played at different rinks around the city.

Any rinks with more than 4 dressing rooms usually have the other one(s) locked up and reserved for a team (e.g. - Fort William Gardens: Lakehead Thunderwolves). Played some Beer league hockey at the Gardens and the unreserved rooms we had to use are likely the smallest dressing rooms in any rink in the city.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 01:12 PM
  #20
mkoivu9*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2hockey View Post
... but every time those kids walk in and see this they can have a sense of pride
Yes absolutely I wasn't meaning to belittle them. Was just pointing out they are by no means a powerhouse.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 01:47 PM
  #21
vapor11
Registered User
 
vapor11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyraven8 View Post
I played a little high school hockey here in Thunder Bay, but that was back in 1987.

Certainly were no rinks or special dressing rooms for high school hockey here. Most rinks have 4 dressing rooms. Played at different rinks around the city.

Any rinks with more than 4 dressing rooms usually have the other one(s) locked up and reserved for a team (e.g. - Fort William Gardens: Lakehead Thunderwolves). Played some Beer league hockey at the Gardens and the unreserved rooms we had to use are likely the smallest dressing rooms in any rink in the city.
I have played in the gardens when I was younger.. Don't remember the dressing rooms being out the ordinary although I guess things are different when you squeeze full grown men in there...

I've played at every arena in my minor hockey days.. Just play pickup at Neebing and FN arena at the moment.. Which have decent dressing rooms to tbay standards.. My big complaint with Cr, PA arena etc are the shower area being so tiny and grungy.. On the other hand atleast they have showers(grandview)

I find most dressing rooms in the city look like lesser pic above minus the pole in the middle..

Howbout the barn haven't been out there in close to 10 years.. I remember having practices out there when younger

vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 01:48 PM
  #22
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal
 
Inkling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,400
vCash: 500
Nicely finished but it looks pretty small. The far end shows that the changing area is only about five sweaters wide. If the equipment is already in the stalls, at least you won't have the floors littered with giant hockey bags like you do in most dressing rooms, so it might be fine for their needs.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 08:10 PM
  #23
PGCougar
almostcanadian
 
PGCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Germany
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
The room itself doesn't look that special to me. It looks like our rooms in small. The difference is the nice makeup (team colours, logo carpet, everything perfectly set up). If you have a spare room, why not?

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 08:59 PM
  #24
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Paris
Country: Qatar
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Luverene isn't even that good either lol. Take a look at Benilde's or Hill's. Those are probably pretty ridiculous.

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 09:10 PM
  #25
thevil
Lets go Aves?
 
thevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Really eh? There's aways at least 6 per rink here. Most arenas have 2-4 rinks in them
There are 4 in Denver (or at least near it) that have 8, and they are pretty much the only rinks I even know of here...

thevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.