HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Generals Sign Loic Lacasse

Old
12-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

vCash: 500
Generals Sign Loic Lacasse

He will be getting the start in Guelph tonight I believe........Makes the goalie and the OA situation interesting.....Belan you would think is the odd man out and Anthony Peters could be demoted to Junior A for the remainder of the season I think.......Good for the Generals showing that they want to make a playoff push. It still doesnt excuse the fact they need better defence though

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:26 PM
domifan28

Is this Loic Lacasse the same player who played for the baie comeau drakkar last season in the qmjhl?? If so the Generals got themselves a great goaltender.

domifan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
He will be getting the start in Guelph tonight I believe........Makes the goalie and the OA situation interesting.....Belan you would think is the odd man out and Anthony Peters could be demoted to Junior A for the remainder of the season I think.......Good for the Generals showing that they want to make a playoff push. It still doesnt excuse the fact they need better defence though
Exactly. The Gennies need a good solid defenseman badly. Right now, they could have the best goalie in the CHL back there, and still have problems. They have good forwards, and have run through quite a few passable to good goalies this year.

I hope he does well, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:46 PM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by domifan28 View Post
Is this Loic Lacasse the same player who played for the baie comeau drakkar last season in the qmjhl??
No, that was the other Loic Lacasse.

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:51 PM
leafmon

It has been years since the Gens had a reliable goalie.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

The Generals have had extremly shaky goaltending for alongtime now.....Beckford-Tseu and both Dan Turple were dealt before they hit their prime in the junior careers and both werent great players for the generals. Come to think of it the last goalie the Generals have had that I would consider outstanding is a goalie who they got from the QMJHL and this is goin wayyyyy back but Dave Arsenault who they got from Chicoutimi and thats the last time the Gennies made the mem cup.......Hopefully Lacasse can provide stability in net but with the way the generals defence plays most nights the offence will still have to score 5-7 goals to win because the defence is mistake prone

Old
12-29-2006, 11:04 AM
FearTheFlyers

This is the same clown whose agent wanted 45k for him to play with Owen Sound.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2006, 09:55 PM
ringetterox15

not to be sterotypical but if he's french he's proably good, lol...no i did see him play in guelph last night, he didn't stand out to me, but i dont know, and i believe i met belan, along with madden, i dont think they cared much for fans, also it may have been the fact we were talking to them and then eventually asked who they were, but yeah, i dont understand the reason for the goaltending, did they not keep peters, i thought he was a fine goaltender

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

peters is still with the team but just turns 16 tomorrow i believe and Lacasse from what Ive seen has kept the gens in the first two games he has played.......a 1 goal and 3 goal game is almost unheard of from Oshawa.........Oshawa hasnt had a 1 goal performance since October i believe

Old
12-31-2006, 12:47 AM
FTowwn

Loic is not a bad goalie, ive heard some good reports about him.
He has been traded a few times in the past year in the Q and apparently he was struggling early, but i never knew he was released?
oh well, he will do fine in the O, but dont expect too much of him

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

About the only ray of hope that Habs fans can cling to about Lacasse is that the organization must have seen something in him to first draft him, and then sign him for 3 years. But there haven't been a lot of glowing reports from watching him. Few Habs fans have seen anything to suggest that he has any pro potential whatsoever, but then, given the calibre of goaltending in some corners of the OHL these days, perhaps even a mediocre overage goalie from the Q actually *can* be an adequate upgrade. Here's hoping it works out for Lacasse and the Gens.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Lacasse has bee good in the games so far..........lets just say our goaltender before who was an overager well.......he stunk it up

Old
01-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Lacasse is undefeated so far as a General and has looked really good....he plays the puck very well and is making the gens defence look better and they are playing with more confidence

Old
01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
leafmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
About the only ray of hope that Habs fans can cling to about Lacasse is that the organization must have seen something in him to first draft him, and then sign him for 3 years. But there haven't been a lot of glowing reports from watching him. Few Habs fans have seen anything to suggest that he has any pro potential whatsoever, but then, given the calibre of goaltending in some corners of the OHL these days, perhaps even a mediocre overage goalie from the Q actually *can* be an adequate upgrade. Here's hoping it works out for Lacasse and the Gens.
So far it seems to be with three wins. From the two I saw I can tell you he is a big upgrade for the Gens. Having Aston return to duty has also been a big help.

Old
01-02-2007, 06:52 PM
leafmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
The Generals have had extremly shaky goaltending for alongtime now.....Beckford-Tseu and both Dan Turple were dealt before they hit their prime in the junior careers and both werent great players for the generals. Come to think of it the last goalie the Generals have had that I would consider outstanding is a goalie who they got from the QMJHL and this is goin wayyyyy back but Dave Arsenault who they got from Chicoutimi and thats the last time the Gennies made the mem cup.......Hopefully Lacasse can provide stability in net but with the way the generals defence plays most nights the offence will still have to score 5-7 goals to win because the defence is mistake prone
SJS
I couldn't agree with you more.