HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team toughness

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2013, 06:59 PM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Per Giannone between benches in 3rd....Sestito elbows DZ in the head...skates by Ranger bench ans states "who is gonna do something, show me the guy who is gonna do something"

Bleed Ranger Blue....u think that is demoralizing or they can just shake that off or pretend to not hear it....since you are always right...please give me your take.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:02 PM
Riverdale

They answered by winning the game.

I wouldn't mind some more toughness added into the lineup but we don't need any more Sather goons who have no positive aspect outside of fighting.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:04 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Per Giannone between benches in 3rd....Sestito elbows DZ in the head...skates by Ranger bench ans states "who is gonna do something, show me the guy who is gonna do something"

Bleed Ranger Blue....u think that is demoralizing or they can just shake that off or pretend to not hear it....since you are always right...please give me your take.
What a POS. Central NY brah, Jet Morin brah. Hope the rest of his career is very short. Can't ever win against a Ranger and pulls this crap.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:27 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I was about to post that Orr. That is far more disturbing than anything that happened in a fight.

If nothing else that quote should discredit any notion that the Rangers are just "unlucky" with getting run or that all teams "get cheapshotted equally" which I have read on here.

Teams know the Rangers are lacking in grit and toughness. Some teams, specifically some players WILL toe the line (at best) or outright run Rangers (at worst), using this knowledge to their advantage. I mean what is it going to take here?

In a close game I 100% agree that a lethal PP is the best deterrent. No argument. But when the score gets out of hand, or a team/player is just looking to set the tone, the Rangers need to find an answer. Or we are going to continue to have players out with PCS.

11-30-2013, 07:33 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
I want to see McIlrath get a chance. We need his nastiness on D, and being right handed helps...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
11-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Dreger went on record a week ago stating that McIlrath is ready to get a shot. I'm assuming he doesn't follow the team closely but his sources must say that the Rangers believe the undertaker is close. Lesley Treff believes he should get a shot next year. Gordie Clark/Scott Gordon (Can't remember which one but the sentiment from either is significant) believes that McIlrath could compete for a spot after Christmas. He's not far.

Falk is beginning to win a spot on this team. AV likes his grit. He adds an element on this team that no one else can give. He no longer looks out of place.

If MDZ is traded, which is the speculation, McI might take Moore's spot. That's 2 big crease clearers who will drop the gloves. McI will be a fan favorite here.

Maybe MDZ could be shipped to Calgary for someone like Glencross.

Falk, Glencross, McIlrath, Dorsett, Boyle (), Moore... We'll have some grit.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:40 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
I want to see McIlrath get a chance. We need his nastiness on D, and being right handed helps...
Ding, ding, ding. I have believed since the summer that this is the organization's plan - and I applaud it. This is a very different team in terms of toughness if you have McIlrath standing behind Dorsett. My guess is we see him before the end of January.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Dreger went on record a week ago stating that McIlrath is ready to get a shot. I'm assuming he doesn't follow the team closely but his sources must say that the Rangers believe the undertaker is close. Lesley Treff believes he should get a shot next year. Gordie Clark/Scott Gordon (Can't remember which one but the sentiment from either is significant) believes that McIlrath could compete for a spot after Christmas. He's not far.

Falk is beginning to win a spot on this team. AV likes his grit. He adds an element on this team that no one else can give. He no longer looks out of place.

If MDZ is traded, which is the speculation, McI might take Moore's spot. That's 2 big crease clearers who will drop the gloves. McI will be a fan favorite here.

Fan favorite? Not on HFNYR.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:46 PM
E-Train

Need to find a Marcus Foligno type. Young, top 9 skills, can beat good scrapers like Mark Fraser, absolutely devastated Ryan Carter tonight. A guy like Foligno, added to Dorsett and soon McIlrath will help in games like today.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Fan favorite? Not on HFNYR.
Most people on HFNYR have never seen him. I had the ability to see him a few games last year. Raw but the talent is there. Hopefully he refined his play a little. Apparently Hartford announcers believe he's ready. Don't know how credible their opinions are.

He's a stand up player though. He throws bombs too. I hope he can develop into something like Phaneuf.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:48 PM
AKrangerfan

Quote:

I would do that trade in a heart beat but no way Calgary trades Glencross for MDZ. They love him there.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Ding, ding, ding. I have believed since the summer that this is the organization's plan - and I applaud it. This is a very different team in terms of toughness if you have McIlrath standing behind Dorsett. My guess is we see him before the end of January.
That's my guess for him too. But I think we need to add another gritty forward too. Boston is loaded with toughness. Resilience. We had that 2 years ago. Lost it. Need to regain that mentality to succeed.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrangerfan View Post
I would do that trade in a heart beat but no way Calgary trades Glencross for MDZ. They love him there.
They need defense. MDZ is 23. Puck mover. Given another month, he could drastically improve his play, and thus his trade value.

Glencross is on the wrong side of 30. Calgary is rebuilding. We're win now. It's a win-win.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:59 PM
AKrangerfan

Quote:
They need defense. MDZ is 23. Puck mover. Given another month, he could drastically improve his play, and thus his trade value.

Glencross is on the wrong side of 30. Calgary is rebuilding. We're win now. It's a win-win.
I love Glencross, he played for UAA (local college) He hits like a freight train and can score. Did not realize he was that old already.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Orr Nightmare

Brett Ritchie and Antoine Roussel or replace Ritchie with Jaime Olekssiak for DZ

Old
11-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Sestito is a goon. An agitator. And he's really bad at trash talking.

He lands a cheap hit on DZ, and taunts the Rangers bench. Alright.

Does nobody remember 24/7? That is Sestito's game. He's actually very easily neutralized. Our guys ignored him, or in Richie's case, remind him that he's not ACTUALLY a hockey player, and simply in fantasy camp.

Or you send someone to fight him. He's not an incredibly dangerous fighter. Torts once had Prust, Rupp, and even Dubi fight him, and that was it for him. Ejected from the game. Non-factor.

He tried to evoke a response; swing momentum. Dorsset did something very smart in waiting. He knew there was alot of time left on the clock. Fighting him with over 15 minutes left is a BAD idea. Why? Because he gets to come back out after 5 minutes. Dorsset waited until there was 7 minutes left, and took him out of the game. No time for late game cheap shots.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Sestito is a goon. An agitator. And he's really bad at trash talking.

He lands a cheap hit on DZ, and taunts the Rangers bench. Alright.

Does nobody remember 24/7? That is Sestito's game. He's actually very easily neutralized. Our guys ignored him, or in Richie's case, remind him that he's not ACTUALLY a hockey player, and simply in fantasy camp.

Or you send someone to fight him. He's not an incredibly dangerous fighter. Torts once had Prust, Rupp, and even Dubi fight him, and that was it for him. Ejected from the game. Non-factor.

He tried to evoke a response; swing momentum. Dorsset did something very smart in waiting. He knew there was alot of time left on the clock. Fighting him with over 15 minutes left is a BAD idea. Why? Because he gets to come back out after 5 minutes. Dorsset waited until there was 7 minutes left, and took him out of the game. No time for late game cheap shots.
And what Bieska slapping the **** out of Boyle..what if Kassian decide to run Nash or Kreider or McDonagh....then what

Old
11-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
And what Bieska slapping the **** out of Boyle..what if Kassian decide to run Nash or Kreider or McDonagh....then what
I mean that's still a significant worry but Falk is our heavy hitter anyway. That's why Dorsett made the run at Sestito and not Falk.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:34 PM
RangersHank*

What if McIlrath comes up and fights and gets hurt? Lol everyone is so sure he will be this tough dman we need but its the NHL and he is still very young. I'm not expecting him to have a really nasty attitude right away, i want him to get the hang of playing NHL competition first, the fighting will come hopefully.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
What if McIlrath comes up and fights and gets hurt? Lol everyone is so sure he will be this tough dman we need but its the NHL and he is still very young. I'm not expecting him to have a really nasty attitude right away, i want him to get the hang of playing NHL competition first, the fighting will come hopefully.
I'd guess he comes up and does something he's comfortable doing... fight. I'd guess as time goes along he fights less and less but fights more in his first few seasons to establish himself. Similar to Phaneuf.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:37 PM
mcsauer2738

I always thought we should've signed Konopka. Could be a 4th line center who's good at faceoffs, good on the pk, and will fight anyone.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:39 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:
I'd guess he comes up and does something he's comfortable doing... fight. I'd guess as time goes along he fights less and less but fights more in his first few seasons to establish himself. Similar to Phaneuf.

I agree but hopefully he plays good defense too. Everybody is expecting this big intimidating dman right away but he is very young still and might get pushed around at first. Good fighter or not, its the NHL. Gotta give him a chance. Not one NHL game and he is already the crease clearing dman we need. I love the kid but can we relax?

Old
11-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Thing is you don't want him fighting at all unless it is vs. someone like Lucic, you don't want him fighting the Thorton's or Scott's or Orr's.

Chara hardly fights because he doesn't have to....McIlrath will have to fight everyone and that will be a huge mistake.

You don't add one guy and become a tough team.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:43 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Thing is you don't want him fighting at all unless it is vs. someone like Lucic, you don't want him fighting the Thorton's or Scott's or Orr's.

Chara hardly fights because he doesn't have to....McIlrath will have to fight everyone and that will be a huge mistake.

Exactly, which is why I think we need to add another forward in addition to him.

Old
11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:

Good post. I just dont want him to be off the ice more than he is one the ice. I want him to also be a great dman and i'm sure he will

Closed Thread