HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2013, 02:38 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 500
If we pick martin or honka I will give scouting reports as often as I can... I live in the area

Old
11-30-2013, 05:09 PM
That

After having just one goal and five points during the month of October, Nick Ritchie has eight goals and 12 points this month. Also has picked up 27 PIMS this month, but quite a few of them have been stupid penalties. He hits extremely hard and has been laying absolutely bone-crushing hits every game.

I'm terrible with comparisons, but every time I watch Ritchie I can help but see a meaner Brent Burns. Both are good skaters, fast, very strong, and extremely difficult to contain around the net.

Ritchie's teammate (and linemate at times) Eric Cornel has been good this month, too. He's a big centre that can distribute the puck just as well as he can score. Still lots of concerns, but he's continually improving. I would like to see him play the body more though.

Old
11-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
If we pick martin or honka I will give scouting reports as often as I can... I live in the area
does Honka play like Karlsson (ottawa)?

Old
11-30-2013, 05:29 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
does Honka play like Karlsson (ottawa)?
Kinda both of there skating is very good and Honka IMO could develop into the pp quarter back although Honka is not quite as elite Honka utilizes the onetimer and slapshot more often. Honka also IMO keeps it more simple in his own end. Honka should be top 15 talent but his size is a question mark looks more like 5 foot 9. A better comparison might be a slightly less physical torey krug...

Old
11-30-2013, 06:58 PM
S Bah

Quote:
You've got a pretty good game going on with Red Deer Rebels in town. Fleury and Bleackley are playing some excellent hockey lately, Honka and Martin will have their hands full keeping them off the scoreboard. Let us know how the game turns out between these future NHLers.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:03 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
You've got a pretty good game going on with Red Deer Rebels in town. Fleury and Bleackley are playing some excellent hockey lately, Honka and Martin will have their hands full keeping them off the scoreboard. Let us know how the game turns out between these future NHLers.
I chose habs game instead . Bleakley is my friends cousin though, he's got some fun stories about him..

Old
11-30-2013, 07:51 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I chose habs game instead . Bleakley is my friends cousin though, he's got some fun stories about him..
Habs / Leafs confrontation back to normal, Leafs can't win if they can't intimidate the Habs. Talent always wins when teams can't get away with cheap shots and fear tactics. Certainly would be nice if the Habs draft Bleackley, for you and the Habs fans.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:53 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Habs / Leafs confrontation back to normal, Leafs can't win if they can't intimidate the Habs. Talent always wins when teams can't get away with cheap shots and fear tactics. Certainly would be nice if the Habs draft Bleackley, for you and the Habs fans.
Yeah haha I'm hoping bleakley or the swift current duo is the habs selection..

Old
11-30-2013, 08:11 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Yeah haha I'm hoping bleakley or the swift current duo is the habs selection..
All three would be a phenomenal draft, giving the Habs a deadly defence in 3-4yrs. Bleackley a great start on another top nine line.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:29 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
All three would be a phenomenal draft, giving the Habs a deadly defence in 3-4yrs. Bleackley a great start on another top nine line.
Didn't watch but honka and bleakley both scored

Old
12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
MaxLacoste

I would be thrill to draft one of those players:

Nikolai Goldobin: A very gifted offensive player that played with Galchenyuk with Sarnia. I think he could be the player we all hope Collberg will become. Goldobin could be a long shot in the first half of the 1st round, but around the 20th pick I think he worth the risk.

Ivan Barbashev: My prediction and favorite player for the Habs in the 2014 first round. Have the work ethic and dedication that Timmins and Bergevin love. Could be a fantastic top 6 complementary player. Put this guy with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty and you have a top line who can control the game on both end.

Alexis Vanier: Will be the Samuel Morin of 2014. I see Montreal going after this guy. Could solidify our blue line and giving us a huge defense. Fits our need of Size and talent at D.

Old
12-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Le CH

Hayden Fleury would be my wish but he's climbing up the rankings... doubtful he'll be there when we pick.

Old
12-02-2013, 12:36 AM
BigNumber1Centre
MTLA

I would be ecstatic if the Habs were to pick Bleakley or Fleury.

Old
12-02-2013, 01:32 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

First chance I get to see Vanier live this year, and go figure, he's not in the lineup, same with Meloche

Old
12-02-2013, 09:01 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Unfortunate that there is no way we can get Dal Colle

Old
12-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Unfortunate that there is no way we can get Dal Colle
Ritchie or Virtanen might be a nice pickup in our range (15-20)

Old
12-02-2013, 05:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Ritchie or Virtanen might be a nice pickup in our range (15-20)
You can't be talking about Nick Ritchie because he's a top 5 guy easily.

Old
12-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
You can't be talking about Nick Ritchie because he's a top 5 guy easily.
Ya my mistake ....ISS had him 13th but others have him higher

Old
12-02-2013, 10:54 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Ya my mistake ....ISS had him 13th but others have him higher
Lots of hockey to be played still, both in the NHL and for the draft prospects. Nobody thought Morin would go 11th overall at the same time last year.

Old
12-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
You know you're talking with someone who knows hockey, when this very person talks about Connor McDavid for the 2014 NHL Draft.

Old
12-04-2013, 11:31 AM
LongIslandHabFan

I'm not too sure what the talent level of skater's will be like from the 3rd round on but I think it'd be a smart move to draft another goalie this year. Since Fucale is playing in the CHL and I assume he'll move directly onto Hamilton after that I'd be most interested in seeing one of the European goalies or a goalie who will be playing at the college level get picked up by the Habs.

This way each netminder will have the next few years to make progress without having to split starting duties and possibly impede each other from getting playing time.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insight regarding potential prospects who fit this mold?

Old
12-04-2013, 12:49 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandHabFan View Post
I'm not too sure what the talent level of skater's will be like from the 3rd round on but I think it'd be a smart move to draft another goalie this year. Since Fucale is playing in the CHL and I assume he'll move directly onto Hamilton after that I'd be most interested in seeing one of the European goalies or a goalie who will be playing at the college level get picked up by the Habs.

This way each netminder will have the next few years to make progress without having to split starting duties and possibly impede each other from getting playing time.

Does anyone have any thoughts or insight regarding potential prospects who fit this mold?
We should have a better idea after the WJC.

Old
12-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Tribu

What's going on with Blake Clarke? Wasn't he supposed to be a top 5 pick? Disapointing stats so far.

Old
12-06-2013, 01:32 PM
S Bah

It's beginning to look like the Habs will be drafting in the #25 - 30 range in the 2014 Entry Draft. That being the case here are some of the players that maybe available to them:

Conner Bleackley - RH/RW/C -6'1" - 200 lbs. - Capt./ leader for Red Deer Rebels coach Brent Sutter. Conner plays a 200 ft. game, very physical player that drives the net and works the boards/corners. Definitely a Bergevin/Dudley type of player.

Ryan MacInnis - LH/LW/C - 6'4" - 185 lbs. - A Strong skating and playmaking LW that possesses an Elite shot combined with good hockey sense. With his size and bloodlines, Al MacInnis's son (Elite Shot) the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, could be a future Hab if St. Louis Blues don't draft him first.

Alex Tuch - RH/RW - 6'4" - 215 lbs. - Another huge player out of the USNTDP with a scoring touch, former teammate of MacInnis and a big part of the USNTDP /U18 team this year. Likes the physical play and creates room for the smaller playmaking forwards on his line.

Eric Cornel - RH/C - 6'2" - 190 lbs. - The Petes young Center and 3rd OV selection in the 2012 OHL Priority Draft, has his rookie season behind him and in his 2nd OHL season is scoring @ almost a PPG avg. a very good skater and playmaker, that can play the game whatever way the coach wants.

The Habs can likely pick from these four when their turn to pick comes @ the 2014 Entry Draft, a RH/C like Cornel maybe just the player they are missing. Then again all of these players bring different qualities that Bergevin, Dudley and Timmins cherish, leadership, character and an offensive acumen the Habs love along with size.

It might sound like overkill, but wouldn't it be nice if the Habs somehow manage to trade for another late 1st and early 2nd pick. They could then be positioned to draft three of the above players, imagine a line with Eric Cornel centering Ryan MacInnis LW and Conner Bleackley RW. In two years all three would be playing in Hamilton, learning the Habs system together. Receiving major icetime to build the type of chemistry Habs prospects usually start in the NHL, planning for this kind of development could truly speed up the Habs rebuilding process by a couple of years.

Last edited by S Bah: 12-07-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old
12-06-2013, 01:37 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
It's beginning to look like the Habs will be drafting in the #25 - 30 range in the 2014 Entry Draft. That being the case here are some of the players that maybe available to them:

Conner Bleackley - RH/RW/C -6'1" - 200 lbs. - Capt./ leader for Red Deer Rebels coach Brent Sutter. Conner plays a 200 ft. game, very physical player that drives the net and works the boards/corners. Definitely a Bergevin/Dudley type of player.

Ryan MacInnis - LH/LW/C - 6'4" - 185 lbs. - A Strong skating and playmaking LW that possesses an Elite shot combined with good hockey sense. With his size and bloodlines, Al MacInnis's son (Elite Shot) the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, could be a future Hab if St. Louis Blues don't draft him first.

Alex Tuch - RH/RW - 6'4" - 215 lbs. - Another huge player out of the USNTDP with a scoring touch, former teammate of MacInnis and a big part of the USNTDP /U18 team this year. Likes the physical play and creates room for the smaller playmaking forwards on his line.

Eric Cornel - RH/C - 6'2" - 190 lbs. - The Petes young Center and 3rd OV selection in the 2012 OHL Priority Draft, has his rookie season behind him and in his 2nd OHL season is scoring @ almost a PPG avg. a very good skater and playmaker, that can play the game whatever way the coach wants.

The Habs can likely pick from these four when their turn to pick comes @ the 2014 Entry Draft, a RH/C like Cornel maybe just the player they are missing. Then again all of these players bring different qualities that Bergevin, Dudley and Timmins cherish, leadership, character and an offensive acumen the Habs love along with size.
Aw man, I can see it now.

Mcdonagh

McCarron

MacInnis

Could have called them the McTrio. Would have been gold for mcdonalds advertising. God damnit, gainey.

Closed Thread