HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-2 VS LAFS

Old
11-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson14 View Post
Look man Leafs fans/players are more up in arms about this because of what happened in Pittsburgh then anything and Habs fans would be too. I think the right call was made tonight but it was a lot more harmless than what Malkin did to score a goal against the Leafs literally pushing a goalie into the net. Hence the frustration. Also to people saying the Leafs get ref bias??? Again, look at the Malkin goal...you can throw that conspiracy out the window.

That goal celebration is pure do*che btw. Can't believe people like that phoney stuff.
How many goals have you scored in the NHL? This isn't beer league where you're out just having fun. He scored a goal against a rival, shorthanded and twirled his stick, big ****ing deal.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:

That goal celebration is pure do*che btw. Can't believe people like that phoney stuff.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Bloumeister
Michel t'es rien

Couldn't watch the game tonight, just saw Wolverine's 1st goal on Canadiens Express (is that 4 shots on net? ) Ending Movember in style

(****, just saw PK's wrister, whatta shot!)

Anyways, came here to post this one before Max Pac shaves the 'stache:

VIVA PACIORETTY!!!

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:10 PM
KoZed

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
It just a good thing right now that we can potentially have Galchy and Bournival on our 4th line... MOAR depth!
I've been wanting to see what those two could do on a line together. Seems like they'd fit real well since they both can finish as well as set up and have good vision.

Both can play C-LW, but I'd put Chucky at C, just to keep him in movement. Bournival's skating is superior, so he can do the stop-start required on the wing much better. If Chucky struggles on faceoffs, have Moen/White/Briere take them.

So...

67-51-11
48/32-14-21
8-81-17
49-27-32/48

KoZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:12 PM
KoZed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
How many goals have you scored in the NHL? This isn't beer league where you're out just having fun. He scored a goal against a rival, shorthanded and twirled his stick, big ****ing deal.
Maybe he should have kissed his crest instead.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Jigger77

I think the Habs were the better team out there tonight and by a fair margin. Obviously Pacioretty stood out, so did Subban and Gallagher. Thought Plecky and Brière had some really good moments. Bourque had a slow start but found his legs as the game progressed, threw a few good hits, and created some offense. Loved what Parros did when Orr tried to retaliate on Subban early. Thought Price looked off tonight. Not bad or anything, just not his composed dominant self.

About the goal that was waived off... If you ask me that call was awful. Should have been a goal, and it would have made it 1-1. Not that I'm unhappy about it, but to me there's no doubt it was a good goal.

Great win. Statement win imo.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZed View Post
Maybe he should have kissed his crest instead.
lol no doubt. at the end of the day, standing there and twirling your stick and holstering it is much different than sliding across the ice on your knees from blue line to blue line.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Jackson14

Quote:
Well, none of course. I did play rep growing up and never acted like a do*chebag after scoring a goal I can tell you that. For the record I don't really care that it was a Canadien I would say the same thing if it was a Leaf. Kadri for instance, bit of a do*che...

Jackson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think the Habs were the better team out there tonight and by a fair margin. Obviously Pacioretty stood out, so did Subban and Gallagher. Thought Plecky and Brière had some really good moments. Bourque had a slow start but found his legs as the game progressed, threw a few good hits, and created some offense. Loved what Parros did when Orr tried to retaliate on Subban early. Thought Price looked off tonight. Not bad or anything, just not his composed dominant self.

About the goal that was waived off... If you ask me that call was awful. Should have been a goal, and it would have made it 1-1. Not that I'm unhappy about it, but to me there's no doubt it was a good goal.

Great win. Statement win imo.
69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease
If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.

Pretty black and white to me, JvR was in the crease and Price coudn't get to a spot to save the puck, not a tough call to make

Old
11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
KoZed

Quote:
lol no doubt. at the end of the day, standing there and twirling your stick and holstering it is much different than sliding across the ice on your knees from blue line to blue line.
I actually felt his 1st goal celebration looked kinda worst. He was standing there against the glass, arms wide open, looking off in the distance with a "I just scored" ****-eating grin.

Awesome.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Well, none of course. I did play rep growing up and never acted like a do*chebag after scoring a goal I can tell you that. For the record I don't really care that it was a Canadien I would say the same thing if it was a Leaf. Kadri for instance, bit of a do*che...
Twirling your stick and holstering it is easily one of the most calm celebrations and in my eyes less tahn skating by the bench for high 5's.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:21 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Meh, I'd be stoked as **** if I scored a goal like that. Live a little. No doubt it sucks when you're the opposing team, but when you're the one who scored, it's ****ing awesome. (at least I'd think... never scored a goal like that in the NHL )

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
I've been wanting to see what those two could do on a line together. Seems like they'd fit real well since they both can finish as well as set up and have good vision.

Both can play C-LW, but I'd put Chucky at C, just to keep him in movement. Bournival's skating is superior, so he can do the stop-start required on the wing much better. If Chucky struggles on faceoffs, have Moen/White/Briere take them.

So...

67-51-11
48/32-14-21
8-81-17
49-27-32/48
Missing number 53 and player number 15 tbh. I dont like small dudes on 4th lines.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:23 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:

So...

67-51-11
48/32-14-21
8-81-17
49-27-32/48
Unless MT is prepared to give the 4th line big minutes, I don't want Galchenyuk centering it.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Drogo View Post
Missing number 53 and player number 15 tbh. I dont like small dudes on 4th lines.
5'11 - 6'1 - 6'2 / 5'10 not that small.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:31 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
How did Galch only have 7 mins of TOI?

3 lowest
Parros - 3:05
Galch - 7:54
Bourque - 11:25
Chuckie is 20 years old, barely. Lafleur struggled his first 3 years, while Bowman taught him the basics. Chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
We're healthy, which is great.

I hope we're still almost as good when we're injured again.

I say this, because you know it's going to happen.
Bit of a Debbie Downer much? Have some fun, we just beat the leafs at home on Sat night. Have a whiskey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
One more thought.

Plekanec is ridiculously good. Right now he is playing the best I've seen him play in a few years. Don't know why people keep including him in trade offers. He plays against the opponent's top line every night, almost every shift and still manages to produce offensively.
Which is sadly why we should move him at deadline to a contender that pays too much. Pleks will be too old while we contend, and we have Chuckie coming up. No time for sentimentality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
interesting tweet stat i now can't find;

habs have played 13 of 27 games vs stronger west. Boston: 5/27
Very interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Dave Clarkson 5.25 mill for 7 years
UFA usually sucks, as I have said. Evidence right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odin1981 View Post
Red Wing fan coming in peace. Would like to thank your team for winning tonight. The amount of bellyaching I will now be able to enjoy visiting the leafs board will be worth a bag of diamonds.

After watching the game I will very much look forward to our regular season series with your team I believe it will be a great matchup. Thank you much Montreal .
We look forward to the renewed rivalry. Don't forget that the only other good team in the 50's besides Habs was Wings.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:34 PM
KoZed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khal Drogo View Post
They're forward #13 & #14 right now.

Plus Bournival isn't huge, but he's not small either. He's also stronger than his size. How often have you seen get him knocked off pucks by 6-3, 6-4 defensemen this season? Answer: rarely.

Bournival is the prospect I hope McCarron copies as far as training regimen goes. Just imaging a fast, stronger-than-his-size relentless 6'7" 240 lbs RWer fills me with sympathy for our future rivals' defensemen.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:37 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.
I don't give a **** if it was a good goal....... **** the leafs. We played ****ing outstanding tonight. Every player was terrific....briere had his best game.....plekanec was a ****ing monster

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:38 PM
sampollock

Live it. Figs lose and the whine of course. Can't goon it up ever night figs

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsatheo View Post
perfect hit.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jigger77

Quote:

Pretty black and white to me, JvR was in the crease and Price coudn't get to a spot to save the puck, not a tough call to make
I know the rules. Thought it was a good goal. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:39 PM
MsChanandlerBong
The Chan-Chan Man

Plekanec's line was flying tonight...had a fantastic game. Price and Pacioretty played great and I think Bourque deserves to play next game.

MsChanandlerBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
From two days ago:

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 28 Nov

Therrien: "The way he's playing right now Subban is making a case for the Olympics. We want him to go there."
So basically he's taking a complete 180 in terms of handling Subban last few weeks after taking heat. Went from only blaming him and bashing him in the media to praising him never mentioning anything when he has a mistake/bad game.

I wonder how he'll handle Galchenyuk after his first benching of his career. I think for the most part Habs have handled him well so I think they'll give him top 9 minutes next game and leave this as some lesson.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 11:43 PM
phil76

Laffs fan will always be whinning!! They have been doing so since 1967

phil76 is offline   Reply With Quote