HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Gostisbehere Union College Group Order - Part Six

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  #26
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
it is broke these jerseys are horrible i hated them in the 60-70's i hate them now lol
Kel hates Flyers jerseys.
Is It True?
I do...I do...I do...oooo

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 01:02 AM
  #27
kelmitchell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Kel hates Flyers jerseys.
Is It True?
I do...I do...I do...oooo
lol i was jk i don't hate them but im not a big fan of our jerseys i loved the black home jersey we had and our alternate jersey in 04 but idk maybe its just me but these jerseys are kinda ugly

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:37 AM
  #28
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
The only legitimate Flyers jersey that I dislike is the 3-D alternate that went away when the Reebok contract came about... I see all the other jerseys, besides the last Winter Classic one, as being an evolution that circled back to the current Retro ones. To me that is one of the charming factors of the Flyers jersey... as with most of the Original Six jerseys, tweaks rather than major revisions are what happens... if you believe the Black jersey that arose in the Late-Nineties was also a color-tweak, as I do. For the most part the Original Six plus the Flyers and the Blues have been consistent and rarely went with the money grabbing jersey issues that so many teams that do not pride themselves in their 'Tradition' seems to issue at the drop of a hat ***CoughCanucksCough***... The Oilers I guess could also be included with their mostly static jerseys.

Mr. Snider has promised that the Flyers Flying 'P' Logo and Black and Orange colors would always be a part of the Flyers as long as he is involved/in control... I also believe that he wants the basic jersey style to in place, and except for that 3-D Alternate and the one and done Winter Classic II ones, that has been the case... with a slight veering to the black ones... The jerseys evolved with the Cooperalls sparking the first change and the Reebok template forcing the second. Once the template was done away with, the door was open to return to the roots, and the current Retros.

That said... I can see a Black version becoming an alternate, but as the non-use of the WCII proved, I don't see Snider allowing a new pattern style jersey ever again being worn on a regular basis... And I for one am happy with that policy. I see it further establishing the Flyers as a member of the in all reality 'Original Seven'.


Last edited by Sawdalite: 11-25-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Saving my honor by correcting an emarassing typo.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 06:34 PM
  #29
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 50
Deleted


Last edited by PALE PWNR: 11-25-2013 at 12:56 AM.
PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:30 AM
  #30
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I hope that's just a mis-type
Believe it or not... that is the second time I've made that same dumb mistake over my lifetime.

That was indeed a mistype... or bone headed screw up... I certainly know it is a Flying 'P'; at least I should know after four decades of following the team and owning many.

Thanks of the heads up, My Friend. (since corrected )

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 12:57 AM
  #31
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,578
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Believe it or not... that is the second time I've made that same dumb mistake over my lifetime.

That was indeed a mistype... or bone headed screw up... I certainly know it is a Flying 'P'; at least I should know after four decades of following the team and owning many.

Thanks of the heads up, My Friend. (since corrected )
Welcome lol.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 12:24 PM
  #32
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Dropped my blank Orange at Voorhees SkateZone to get it Simmonds-ized... Discovered that I had overestimated it and it was only $65.00 plus tax, bringing it to $69.55 and bottom line total cost of $139.55 less the $10.00 Kohl's Cash... so I'll have my sewn on Pro On-Ice customized Simmonds Replica in 2-3 weeks for under $130.00.

While there I quickly browsed the shop... recovering from her operation wife was in the car, so my time was limited... I quickly noticed some sweet on-ice worn equipment for sale... Coburn's and B.Schenn's (autographed) gloves among others for $85.00 Coburn's was pretty new-like but Braydens was well used with blackened palms... quickly moved on to see many helmets... some high numbered laundry bags from wanna-bees for $25.00 -- were once sold at WFC for $50.00 and now there for $40.00... once passed up buying Jagr which sold by my next lap around the Atrium.. now kick myself I the arse each time I think about it -- but by far the most interesting items were the goalie gear... great to see and even greater to handle and inspect. Boosh pads for $750,00 IIR and various other pads and gloves and blockers by various goalies who passed through the System, including the likes of one Michael Leighton (maybe the ones that cost up the Cup in 2010? ) and the prize items there were by far the Bryzgalov items that were going for a king's ransom... his pads were marked at $2,000.00 per set... The goalies equipment were so nice to feel the quality of; so solid, yet so relatively light... I wanted to spend more time but my guilty feelings were allowing me only a couple minutes with the wife in the car... even though I did crack the windows ... seriously, she is great about it and doesn't complain, but has been going through so much like a trooper after her nasty cancer bout; she could be a Flyer, she is so good about it... I plan on returning when I can to take more time with what is still left... hopefully before I have to pick up the #17 jersey, and I will report on anything else that I may find interesting.


Last edited by Sawdalite: 11-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 12:50 PM
  #33
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,529
vCash: 500
They had Schenn gloves? Where?

EDIT: I went the day of the pro stock sale and again one day this week and didn't see Schenn gloves after the initial rush. My goal was to get the Schenn helmet that was in the picture posted on Facebook. The helmet wasn't ever there at the sale. I was first person to helmets and it wasn't there. I picked up Grossmann's black helmet, Downie's Avs helmet, and Briere, Timonen, and Schenn laundry bags. I would love to get my hands on those gloves that you mentioned though.


Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 11-30-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 04:22 PM
  #34
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
They had Schenn gloves? Where?

EDIT: I went the day of the pro stock sale and again one day this week and didn't see Schenn gloves after the initial rush. My goal was to get the Schenn helmet that was in the picture posted on Facebook. The helmet wasn't ever there at the sale. I was first person to helmets and it wasn't there. I picked up Grossmann's black helmet, Downie's Avs helmet, and Briere, Timonen, and Schenn laundry bags. I would love to get my hands on those gloves that you mentioned though.

CAVIAT: Since I was breezing through, it is possible I'm recalling incorrectly... I'm positive about the Coburn gloves and that at least one of the other had a signature on it... but I may be wrong about Schenn... However, that is who I'm remembering it being. Maybe they added things after the initial sale.

I'm surprised the Briere, Kimmo and Schenn Laundry bags were there... I guess they only sent some to WFC and in them was the Jagr one... funny that they were more expensive there (WFC) also. They still have some, but as I said, reduced from $50 to $40. Even though Jagr was a Flyer only one season, having an elite all-time NHL great and sure to be HHoF player's bag would be terrific... I was thinking I'd use it to keep my dirty laundry in to LOL... In the end I decided that enough was enough and I had to say no... so instead I bought my #40 Home Jersey with the Fifty Dollars Flyers STH Stored Cash and an added hundred, taking the 25% one day sale discount for that particular game... I really wish I had bought both.


EDIT: Where?... they had a table set up at the side of the inside of the shop, by the front window, where they had the equipment for sale... they also had a section beside it with all the goalie pads, gloves, etal.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:34 AM
  #35
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
haah I was in the shop when you dropped your jersey off.. I was the loud guy either in a Black nike shirt or a Iowa Chops jersey… i believe I was eating when you came in. I can confirm that as of friday there aren't any Schenn gloves. And the laundry bags they have just about every #. regulars and semi-regulars (phantom call ups) are gray. orange and black were just every other number up to 98 for rookie camp and what not.

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 11:45 AM
  #36
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
haah I was in the shop when you dropped your jersey off.. I was the loud guy either in a Black nike shirt or a Iowa Chops jersey… i believe I was eating when you came in. I can confirm that as of friday there aren't any Schenn gloves. And the laundry bags they have just about every #. regulars and semi-regulars (phantom call ups) are gray. orange and black were just every other number up to 98 for rookie camp and what not.
My identity has been uncovered. haha

So I guess I confused B. Schenn with another winger in my senior memory mind... I do at least remember clearly that it was signed.

Not sure I'm completely following the laundry bag details... I do know that at the WFC they did have a list a couple weeks back with the players they said they had there... and while not remembering seeing Jagr on the list I assumed it was his. So I guess that the ones at the WFC were legit players bags while the ones at the VSZ are generic bags that are used by players in camp... Are you saying that we should look for the gray ones to be sure they are from Flyers players, and avoid the O & B ones since they are just odd bags that were used at camp?

Just for curiosity... what's the story... were the laundry bags replaced by another style or method and these are now merely excess junk at the facility?

Thanks... You can now go and eat your Sunday Lunch, my friend.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:00 PM
  #37
Zod
Disappointment Train
 
Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 295
vCash: 500
Haven't picked up a new jersey in a while...any real hope for finding some kind of cyber monday deal tomorrow?

Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:35 PM
  #38
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
My identity has been uncovered. haha

So I guess I confused B. Schenn with another winger in my senior memory mind... I do at least remember clearly that it was signed.

Not sure I'm completely following the laundry bag details... I do know that at the WFC they did have a list a couple weeks back with the players they said they had there... and while not remembering seeing Jagr on the list I assumed it was his. So I guess that the ones at the WFC were legit players bags while the ones at the VSZ are generic bags that are used by players in camp... Are you saying that we should look for the gray ones to be sure they are from Flyers players, and avoid the O & B ones since they are just odd bags that were used at camp?

Just for curiosity... what's the story... were the laundry bags replaced by another style or method and these are now merely excess junk at the facility?

Thanks... You can now go and eat your Sunday Lunch, my friend.
you are correct, sort of... The gray ones were used by the players, orange and black were used by prospects and rookies who wore the respective #'s. they were all legit used.

i believe it was just excess junk.

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 02:17 PM
  #39
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
you are correct, sort of... The gray ones were used by the players, orange and black were used by prospects and rookies who wore the respective #'s. they were all legit used.

i believe it was just excess junk.

Thanks... I suppose 'legit' was not a good choice of words by me haha... I guess I should have said that the gray were used for 'established' players, while the O & B ones were for the prospects... I'm gonna keep that in mind and use my gray matter in selecting... now that I have the inside information.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:28 PM
  #40
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Mark Laforest 2012 alumni game worn jersey

Worn in period 3 only this set 2 was given to the players. The jersey didn't see any action as mark played in the first and second periods but rode the bench in the third. The back numbers and nameplate are signed by most but not all of the team members I assume he just ran out of space to have guys sign it. I know Jeremy Roenick had the guys sign his set 2 I'm sure other guys did too just can't remember.

I attended the alumni game and winter classic vs the Rangers and it was just a blast at both games I'm glad I could get something like this to remember it by! Has the #10 on the shoulder for brad mccrimmon who passed in the plane crash few years back worn by all flyers alumni players







Flyers845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
  #41
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
That is really awesome. Id love to have something like that. I caught the alumni game that was such a magical event.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2013, 02:32 PM
  #42
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
That is really awesome. Id love to have something like that. I caught the alumni game that was such a magical event.
The Lindros to LeClair goal was just so much childhood wrapped up into a span of seconds. It was a truly awesome event.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 09:40 PM
  #43
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,529
vCash: 500
Mentioned before that I had MacKinnon's Third Set One pre-ordered but recently Hockey Fights Cancer auctioned off some sticks that are used by all NHL teams. Obviously MacKinnon caught my eye and then I saw that the sticks were used on October 15th, which was the first game that MacKinnon wore the jersey. I was able to get an obvious photo match of the stick from the game. I won the auction tonight and I have to say it feels much better to win something and the money go to a charity instead of a companies pocket. Below is a scanned image of part of the 16x20 photo that I bought. Now I just need to figure out how i'll display them all together when I get the jersey in.



Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 05:12 PM
  #44
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
very awesome!


oh BTW the signed gloves checked em last night.. Andreas NODL lol

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 08:17 PM
  #45
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
I saw the sticks up for auction. I got a Grossman and a Talbot game used and autographed stick on a Flyers Wives Charities auction last season. Didn't have the spare $ to pick up one this season. But, was tempted.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 08:22 PM
  #46
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,529
vCash: 500
They'll have the NHL Alumni Auction (Every team participates) at the end of the season and most likely one to benefit Flyers Charities.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:32 AM
  #47
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosetter27 View Post
very awesome!


oh BTW the signed gloves checked em last night.. Andreas NODL lol
LOL... Could I BE any more wrong?... B.Schenn/A.Nodl... anyone would mix them up. haha




Thanks, Dude... BTW, how's the customization orders going... two to three week estimates holding up? Hoping for my #17 before my next game... still got some time left though.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:47 AM
  #48
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I saw the sticks up for auction. I got a Grossman and a Talbot game used and autographed stick on a Flyers Wives Charities auction last season. Didn't have the spare $ to pick up one this season. But, was tempted.
I picked up a beautiful Knuble game used stick at an event a few seasons back for $100.00 I believe it was... but I don't believe they used to sign them back then... at least that one wasn't. Thought of taking it to the VSZ since Knoobs almost always used to stop to sign... but sticks are so difficult to work with when the player is in his car. LOL Oh well... still a sweet looking stick with his stuff printed on it.


Many years ago I was able to buy a broken LeClair stick at a Black Horse Pike memorabilia shop that used to be around for $40.00 IIRC... The great thing about it -- besides it being old fashioned wooden and all -- is the very sever curve he had on his stick and the great wear and tear on the black tape which it seems he didn't redo much... I imagine it broke in a game or practice and he gave it to someone... or the trainer later did... and they just sold it off for quick cash. I don't see me ever
getting that signed by John. I have it taped up and is a great conversation piece with the curve and old-time construction. Worth every penny of the 40 bucks.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:49 AM
  #49
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
LOL... Could I BE any more wrong?... B.Schenn/A.Nodl... anyone would mix them up. haha




Thanks, Dude... BTW, how's the customization orders going... two to three week estimates holding up? Hoping for my #17 before my next game... still got some time left though.
it looks like it Im there every friday and seems as if jerseys are coming back quickly

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2013, 09:52 AM
  #50
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I picked up a beautiful Knuble game used stick at an event a few seasons back for $100.00 I believe it was... but I don't believe they used to sign them back then... at least that one wasn't. Thought of taking it to the VSZ since Knoobs almost always used to stop to sign... but sticks are so difficult to work with when the player is in his car. LOL Oh well... still a sweet looking stick with his stuff printed on it.


Many years ago I was able to buy a broken LeClair stick at a Black Horse Pike memorabilia shop that used to be around for $40.00 IIRC... The great thing about it -- besides it being old fashioned wooden and all -- is the very sever curve he had on his stick and the great wear and tear on the black tape which it seems he didn't redo much... I imagine it broke in a game or practice and he gave it to someone... or the trainer later did... and they just sold it off for quick cash. I don't see me ever
getting that signed by John. I have it taped up and is a great conversation piece with the curve and old-time construction. Worth every penny of the 40 bucks.
That's pretty cool.

Normally, I do not buy autographed items. I always wonder about the legitimacy. I've seen past news stories where they claim over 50% of signed sports items are fake. Only reason I bought the two I have because it was the team itself selling them (Flyer's Wive's Charity is basically the teams official charity). I would never have spent the $ otherwise.

Signed items are a bigger deal to me than game used. These two sticks just happened to be both.

After this year's carnival, I will be out of room for jerseys, and pretty much everything but signed pucks. I could squeeze in a another signed stick or two, but it's just too big of a headache to try to bring hockey sticks there and back on the airplane.

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.