HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Beach

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2013, 01:30 PM
  #76
Retail1LO
Registered User
 
Retail1LO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
What a colossal failure this was... We have had a lot of late round success to make this one hurt less but looking at the names of some of the guys we could have drafted still makes this sting a little.
Erik Karlsson, Michael Del Zotto, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Ennis, John Carlson...

All would have been an improvement. That said, looking at that first round, there are a lot of teams that didn't get much value out of their pick.

What a draft that was. 18 picks made by teams who didn't originally hold the pick.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
  #77
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 107,517
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail1LO View Post
Erik Karlsson, Michael Del Zotto, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Ennis, John Carlson...

All would have been an improvement. That said, looking at that first round, there are a lot of teams that didn't get much value out of their pick.

What a draft that was. 18 picks made by teams who didn't originally hold the pick.
Not to mention guys like Voynov/Stepan late in 1st/early 2nd

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
  #78
Hawksfan2828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Libertyville, IL
Posts: 8,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Cuts have began.

I'm not surprised they're sending him to the AHL (unless he's claimed, which I doubt he would be) - I just thought they'd give him a longer look.
I had such high hopes for Beach - total bust.

I was expecting him to be a Saad (thank God we got Saad)....

Beach is certainly one of the bigger busts in CBH drafting history (as far as hype around the draft/rankings)...

At least the Hawks corrected their mistake with drafting Saad - not that their intuition was any better considering they took 3 players ahead of him - and at one point he was projected as a top 10 pick.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 09:00 PM
  #79
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I had such high hopes for Beach - total bust.

I was expecting him to be a Saad (thank God we got Saad)....

Beach is certainly one of the bigger busts in CBH drafting history (as far as hype around the draft/rankings)...

At least the Hawks corrected their mistake with drafting Saad - not that their intuition was any better considering they took 3 players ahead of him - and at one point he was projected as a top 10 pick.
Thank god we had that pick because the leafs needed their 2010 2nd back to threaten an offer sheet on Kessel.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:20 AM
  #80
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Beach is back

Beach making a statement game against the Wolves last night.

Kyle Beach pulls off the hat trick with the 3rd goal being a shortie. He actually had 4 goals one earlier was called off that hit the crossbar.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:27 AM
  #81
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User
 
deytookerjaabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Beach making a statement game against the Wolves last night.

Kyle Beach pulls off the hat trick with the 3rd goal being a shortie. He actually had 4 goals one earlier was called off that hit the crossbar.
Meh, good luck. Smith looks great, Q loves Bollig, and Bickell will return this season. Doesn't seem like Beach would even get a shot at this point.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:47 AM
  #82
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Meh, good luck. Smith looks great, Q loves Bollig, and Bickell will return this season. Doesn't seem like Beach would even get a shot at this point.
Our fourth line has been outstanding. Beach probably deserves a look, but no room for him on the Blackhawks. I'm glad that he had a big game. I still think he can be a servicable 4th liner in the NHL. You can't teach a guy size and Beach has always had the right size.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 04:10 AM
  #83
MTP
I Love Shinpads
 
MTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Our fourth line has been outstanding. Beach probably deserves a look, but no room for him on the Blackhawks. I'm glad that he had a big game. I still think he can be a servicable 4th liner in the NHL. You can't teach a guy size and Beach has always had the right size.
He probably can be, I just don't see Q favoring him over a fourth liner who already knows the system and has a ring. All Beach is really doing right now is increasing his trade value.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 06:52 AM
  #84
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!
 
RFIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Man what a team! With all the talent we have, and their great work ethic, we still have young guys pushing young guys.


Could not be happier with the newbies; Pirri, Moran and even Raanta to date, to go along with Saad from last year and even Bollig has improved so much.

I have to pinch myself at times.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 07:52 AM
  #85
wladyslaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Our fourth line has been outstanding. Beach probably deserves a look, but no room for him on the Blackhawks. I'm glad that he had a big game. I still think he can be a servicable 4th liner in the NHL. You can't teach a guy size and Beach has always had the right size.
I think the 3rd line has been "off" all year.

I can see a scenario where 29/23 (two guys with gimpy knees) get hurt or are not skating well- and Beach finally getting a chance.

Kyle has been kicked around (mostly deserved)- but I really did think he looked decent in camp. Wouldn't mind him getting 4-7 games- and see it play out.

37 isn't doing much for me on 3rd- he is more effective with "the Dangler" Kane.
Kane does a better job hiding 37's weaknesses.

wladyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:08 AM
  #86
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,112
vCash: 500
He needs to become a regular in the AHL before getting a sniff in the NHL. Too little too late for him, imo.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:09 AM
  #87
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
I keep waiting and hoping that Beach will somehow realize his potential and this is, finally, a positive sign. However, we have to remember that these were his first goals of the season. In addition, he hadn't dressed for a few games before this. I don't know it for a fact but I suspect that he was a healthy scratch.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:11 AM
  #88
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,112
vCash: 500
Ted Dent told Chris Block that the reason Beach was scratched for the past 5 or so games was on/off ice conduct.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:16 AM
  #89
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Thanks, I hadn't seen that anywhere.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:18 AM
  #90
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ted Dent told Chris Block that the reason Beach was scratched for the past 5 or so games was on/off ice conduct.
It's a shame as there are so many good things going on in Chicago, and the guy seems to do any and everything he can to never get there...

I mean there were red flags...with him and Aliu, and it seems if you B.S during the interview phase Tallon took the kids at their word..

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:19 AM
  #91
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
He needs to become a regular in the AHL before getting a sniff in the NHL. Too little too late for him, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ted Dent told Chris Block that the reason Beach was scratched for the past 5 or so games was on/off ice conduct.
Thanks for the info! So much for his trade value escalating. He's a buster.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:27 AM
  #92
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
It's a shame as there are so many good things going on in Chicago, and the guy seems to do any and everything he can to never get there...

I mean there were red flags...with him and Aliu, and it seems if you B.S during the interview phase Tallon took the kids at their word..
Lets see if we can make this a hate Tallon thread, too.....

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:34 AM
  #93
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
Lets see if we can make this a hate Tallon thread, too.....
I thought you were going to stick to the topic of the thread ? You just said that ?

I think pointing out the guy had a history that made him a risk is worth noting based up him acting out in said manner.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:43 AM
  #94
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
I beg your pardon. You seem to have an advantage over me. You see I am not privy to what was said during player interviews as you seem to be.

Whatever. You believe what you like and I will as well. Merry Christmas.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:48 AM
  #95
unbridledid
Registered User
 
unbridledid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Look Rick....he had a history and it was no secret so no sarcasm is necessary. Now I have been one of the more hopeful people around here that Beach would "get it" and live up to his potential.

Hearing that this far along his is still acting the fool I think you can agree is quite disappointing. I thought his getting engaged might settle him down some and give him some perspective... I suppose I was wrong.

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:08 AM
  #96
plank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
I was flipping over to the wolves-hogs game between periods and heard the wolves play-by-play man say that Beach was told by Hawks management he was no longer in the organizations plans after training camp.

plank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:03 PM
  #97
rick hawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank View Post
I was flipping over to the wolves-hogs game between periods and heard the wolves play-by-play man say that Beach was told by Hawks management he was no longer in the organizations plans after training camp.
That sure doesn't sound like a very good example of asset management. We don't want you around here. Now go out there and do your best playing with our prized prospects for the rest of the year.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:25 PM
  #98
plank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
That sure doesn't sound like a very good example of asset management. We don't want you around here. Now go out there and do your best playing with our prized prospects for the rest of the year.
It looks like they're stuck with each other this year. The hawks sent him to Sweden,that didn't work out for whatever reason. Beach is making 110K in the AHL,so he's not quitting.

plank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 04:57 AM
  #99
clydesdale line
Registered User
 
clydesdale line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Ted Dent told Chris Block that the reason Beach was scratched for the past 5 or so games was on/off ice conduct.
And here's the interview(s) with Dent. (and Beach as well) Pretty interesting.

http://thethirdmanin.com/2013/12/02/...th-kyle-beach/

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:02 AM
  #100
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
And here's the interview(s) with Dent. (and Beach as well) Pretty interesting.

http://thethirdmanin.com/2013/12/02/...th-kyle-beach/
Yup, definitely interesting. Should of started playing hardball with him 2 years ago.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.