HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

''Revenge'' GDT: 02/01/07 Tampa Bay @ Montreal 7:30 PM EST (RDS)

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Carbo seems to like playing the other guys' style.
Either that, or he's learning from experience. He saw how tough strong forecheck was to deal with against a team that has the horses to do it (TB, MTL) and TB has a weaker defense than Montreal.

Old
01-02-2007, 09:37 PM
joepaco

the other results were good for us tonight

Canes, Thrahers and Rangers all lost

Old
01-02-2007, 09:40 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepaco View Post
the other results were good for us tonight

Canes, Thrahers and Rangers all lost
You must mean Devils, not Rangers because the New York team lost. Although there were three points given out in that game.

Old
01-02-2007, 09:41 PM
joepaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
You must mean Devils, not Rangers because the New York team lost. Although there were three points given out in that game.

yeah sorry , my bad

Old
01-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I love watching these games with my dad. He doesn't have a favourite team, he just enjoys watching hockey and what he calls "good players". He's actually pretty unbiased as far as I can tell.

You know who his favourite player to watch on the Canadiens is? Alex Kovalev

Old
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
What a pathetic comment! Who really cares who scores the goal? Obviously, you're not a true Hab fan. A true fan is more concerned with the success of the team rather than success of individual players.
Take a valium there stud !!!

Old
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
deandebean

Solid win. Dominated the game. It would have been a shame to lose that one.

Old
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
Admit it: you have a fetish for the word "extremely".
lol well it getting late, I had no idea how many times I wrote the word extremely before I post my original message

Old
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Souffle
A soupēon of nutmeg

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Carbonneau had Streit play in place of Samsonov late in the 3rd period.

I've been critical of Streit, but he's been very good as a kind of rover (maraudeur?). I actually think he's more valuable as the 12th forward and 7th D because he can be used in so many different situations. Definitely one of the bright spots this year. Also someone who deserves to be in the line-up every game.

Old
01-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
Wow how many garbage goals Ryder have score this year ? The puck always hit him and go through the net. Thought, I will not cry about it.

Kovalev great game, 3pts (second 3pts game of him this season).

Plekanec stand in the slot for the rebond for once he can finish, was about time.

One more point for Koivu and he's already at 40pts.

23-11-5

Next game against Caps, full team effort of 60mins like today and the habs will own.

BTW; I notice that, I didn't miss any game of the Habs this season. I'm on pace for 82 games
It didn't hit Ryder. He got his stick on it--you know, BATON.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:01 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Solid game by the habs. The habs controlled the game and played well. I am impressed with Mark Streit for a while now. He is versatile in that he can play 7th d or on the 4th line as has been mentioned. His game is simple and effective.

Tonight I thought Kovalev and Plekanec looked great. It was nice to see these guys going. Samsonov looked alright as well. Koivu and Higgins were work horses as usual.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Carbonneau had Streit play in place of Samsonov late in the 3rd period.

I've been critical of Streit, but he's been very good as a kind of rover (maraudeur?). I actually think he's more valuable as the 12th forward and 7th D because he can be used in so many different situations. Definitely one of the bright spots this year. Also someone who deserves to be in the line-up every game.
Agree. IMO he's a better utility player than Dandenault.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Teufelsdreck

All 5 goals were by players on the 1st 2 lines. That's encouraging.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Agree. IMO he's a better utility player than Dandenault.
Dandenault's a better defenseman than Streit, but Streit is better up front. Streit is definitely better value, but I wouldn't say straight up better.

01-02-2007, 10:08 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Dandenault's a better defenseman than Streit, but Streit is better up front. Streit is definitely better value, but I wouldn't say straight up better.
Streit makes better passes and has a much better shot.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
MathMan

Indeed, Streit gets bonus points from being a PP point man -- pretty good for a second unit point man, actually. Not a lot of teams have that luxury.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

works everytime i ditch the 2nd line, they played well

Old
01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH Iggins View Post
Wow how many garbage goals Ryder have score this year ? The puck always hit him and go through the net. Thought, I will not cry about it.

Kovalev great game, 3pts (second 3pts game of him this season).

Plekanec stand in the slot for the rebond for once he can finish, was about time.

One more point for Koivu and he's already at 40pts.

23-11-5

Next game against Caps, full team effort of 60mins like today and the habs will own.

BTW; I notice that, I didn't miss any game of the Habs this season. I'm on pace for 82 games
You might not be crying, but you are sure as hell whinning.!! Garbage goal, what is a garbage goal? Don't they all count. Of course that EN goal by Higgins was a masterpiece of fine play. Latendresse has 8 goals, look at the replays, and see how of many the goals were finesse plays. They all help the team to win, so, who cares how they go in the net. Did you ever stop to think that if the puck did not touch Ryder's stick, the goalie may have stopped it. At the end of the season there are no asterisks by any goals depicting how the goal was scored. It does not matter how the goals go in, or who scores the goals, if you are a true fan of your team. Are you???

Last edited by jonny5: 01-02-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeiKovalev27 View Post
works everytime i ditch the 2nd line, they played well
ditch them each game

Old
01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs911 View Post
ditch them each game

oh yeah,

anyways I am happy the line worked tonight, I think that the diference tonight is that all 3 moved better keeping a distance between them, they use to be to much off position, it happened tonight too though, like sammy kovy and pleks, all 3 in the same corner and it wasn't even a pp.

Hopefully in next games they keep skating like they dido tonight

Old
01-02-2007, 10:31 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
What's with the hyperboles? This is far from the best game of the season. Sure they played well, but this is not the best game of the season. Maybe best of the year???
That 5-2 win over Buffalo or the 2-1 OT win over Buffalo were better IMO.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:49 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Habs with the two-man forecheck tonight, stealing a page from the Bolts' playbook. Surprise, it worked well. There's a lot of whining about the Habs' D not being able to cope, but the TB D is nothing to write home about after Boyle, IMO...

On the "how will Carbo use Streit next" watch: Streit subbing in for Samsonov to protect the lead at the end of the game. Carbo trusts him, obviously.
Great post, great observation, hadn't noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
You know, thinking about the game made me realise that I prefer when the Habs win by playing with intensity and hard work like they did tonight than when they're too careful and win by playing the damn trap. Hockey is supposed to be this exciting. Did you see how much the crowd was into it, too?
and agree, the crowd was LOUD tonight. Much more than most games. The game was exciting , not many powerplay, fast, great hockey.

Old
01-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post

and agree, the crowd was LOUD tonight. Much more than most games. The game was exciting , not many powerplay, fast, great hockey.
ya, I mentioned that earlier in the thread... i thought maybe RDS uped the volume, but man the crowd was rocking, I hope its like that sunday when im there.

Old
01-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Some Streit talk, of course I'm gonna partake...

There was a first tonight. He flattened someone. Behind the net toward the corner, good simple hit, the guy didn't FLY but he fell. Usually when he throws his little body at people he kinda just bounces off them (Let's face it, he's alot more likely to win the Lady Bing than he is to win Checker Of The Year...It's just not in his toolbox.) but I always give him points for trying. Tonight, though, he actually completed a hit.

And the winds of popularity are starting to sail for Das Mannschaftfuhrer. The media are starting to discover the guy. Usually, they only ask him insipid questions they'd ask anybody and he answers, well, what everybody else answers. but Martin McGuire of CKAC asked him about the "losing streak" and he went passionately & long about pride, tradition and about how they had to win.

McGuire said, and rightfully so, that Streit was speaking like somebody who wore a letter.

And who knows? He might show himself worthy of a letter next year or the one after that if he keeps improving and we lose a few of our "Obligatory" lettered names (e.g. Craig Rivet) It's clear Carbonneau and the whole organization likes the guy, what's there not to like about Mark Streit from a hockey or a corporate stand point?

He's clean cut, nice, cerebral, billingual (Quinilingual, actually), does what he's ask to do, and for now he's cheap. And all he asks for is to play. He's on his way to play the most he ever played in a year in league play, Swiss seasons last 40 games or so. And that his AHL outpost is to be in Zurich. Nothing bad there.

My faith in and allegiance to the Zurich Lion remains as strong as ever. This man could be a gear on a Stanley Cup winning squad.

Old
01-03-2007, 12:01 AM
madbox

Noticed some Swiss flags at the Bell Centre tonight, too. haha. That was great.

Closed Thread