HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

''Revenge'' GDT: 02/01/07 Tampa Bay @ Montreal 7:30 PM EST (RDS)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2007, 12:13 AM
joepaco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Some Streit talk, of course I'm gonna partake...

There was a first tonight. He flattened someone. Behind the net toward the corner, good simple hit, the guy didn't FLY but he fell. Usually when he throws his little body at people he kinda just bounces off them (Let's face it, he's alot more likely to win the Lady Bing than he is to win Checker Of The Year...It's just not in his toolbox.) but I always give him points for trying. Tonight, though, he actually completed a hit.

And the winds of popularity are starting to sail for Das Mannschaftfuhrer. The media are starting to discover the guy. Usually, they only ask him insipid questions they'd ask anybody and he answers, well, what everybody else answers. but Martin McGuire of CKAC asked him about the "losing streak" and he went passionately & long about pride, tradition and about how they had to win.

McGuire said, and rightfully so, that Streit was speaking like somebody who wore a letter.

And who knows? He might show himself worthy of a letter next year or the one after that if he keeps improving and we lose a few of our "Obligatory" lettered names (e.g. Craig Rivet) It's clear Carbonneau and the whole organization likes the guy, what's there not to like about Mark Streit from a hockey or a corporate stand point?

He's clean cut, nice, cerebral, billingual (Quinilingual, actually), does what he's ask to do, and for now he's cheap. And all he asks for is to play. He's on his way to play the most he ever played in a year in league play, Swiss seasons last 40 games or so. And that his AHL outpost is to be in Zurich. Nothing bad there.

My faith in and allegiance to the Zurich Lion remains as strong as ever. This man could be a gear on a Stanley Cup winning squad.
EHC Basel !!!!!!!( even though they are last )

back to the subject, Streit was been captain of every team he has played for , so it's in him.

I'm so happy for him , he took a huge gamble in coming over here .

Old
01-03-2007, 04:45 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I never see any comments about streit being soft anymore.

I wonder why

Old
01-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Hockeymom67

Wow ! Now that's what I call revenge ...

Old
01-03-2007, 08:30 AM

Mark Streit has been very good since the preseason if you recall. He had a very good training camp but still started out on the bench. Ever since Dandenault got injured and Streit stepped in to replace him, Carbonneau has not been able to take him out of the lineup, that shows you how highly the coaching staff thinks of him.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:52 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Mark Streit has been very good since the preseason if you recall. He had a very good training camp but still started out on the bench. Ever since Dandenault got injured and Streit stepped in to replace him, Carbonneau has not been able to take him out of the lineup, that shows you how highly the coaching staff thinks of him.
What I like about Streit is that he finds a way to contribute. I thinbk he knows there aren't any Norris trophies in his future nor any all star berths, so he holds his ground and finds a way to contribute. When he sees a chance to disrupt when he's on the pk, he takes advantage.

That's what I've noticed with Koivu. He isn't the 22 year old flying thru the neutral zone, but he recognizes when there's an opportunity and jumps on it.

Old
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Streit makes better passes and has a much better shot.
It seems like every game he makes a great pass. If he continues to play with Gui they may pot a few. How does Streit do on faceoffs?

Old
01-03-2007, 09:36 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
It seems like every game he makes a great pass. If he continues to play with Gui they may pot a few. How does Streit do on faceoffs?
Id still prefer him on defence instead of Bouillon but they paid big bucks to keep bouillon...

Old
01-03-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Id still prefer him on defence instead of Bouillon but they paid big bucks to keep bouillon...
Same here

Old
01-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Anyone watched sportsnet last night ? Don Taylor made some fun of Downey with his signature fuzzy talk that was too funny

Big win by the Habs after the 1st period we didn't have much to build on even if we limited them in the shots departement. Carbo finally adjusted in the 2nd and it paid off. I was sweet to see Plekanec get some goals, he work so hard out there. I've been critical of his play this season but the work ethic has always been there and that's probaly why Carbonneau still use him on the 2nd.

Old
01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Here's to no letdown tomorrow night against the CAPS..... Keep the train movin......Good game last night....

Old
01-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
As a fourth line forward he has been playing super.

Cap

Old
01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
What I like about Streit is that he finds a way to contribute. I thinbk he knows there aren't any Norris trophies in his future nor any all star berths, so he holds his ground and finds a way to contribute.
That's where you're wrong. Streit will win both the Norris and Selke trophies next year.

Closed Thread