HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryder

Old
01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlGuy View Post
True enough but he just seems to have no interest at all. I know Kovy is strange like that but Ryder can't turn a game around like Kovy can.
Koivu usually makes anyone look good when they play with him but I don't think this is working.
Higgins seems to be able to do the job himself like Koivu so I say get Koivu with Sammy and Kovalev and give that a try, maybe it'll light a fire under the 2 russians.
As for Ryder I don't know a swift kick in the *** maybe?

I agree and i have stated previously in other threads Ryder should sit on the fourth line for a few games in favour of Lats. However Kovalev also makes i think double the money of Ryder and Kovalev is supposed to be a leader so i would like to expect a little more from him.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
he thinks and tries to be a playmaker when he is not one.
He has no hands what so ever. tonight on the PP he was trying to do what Kovalev does so well and deke guys along the boards.

last game he could have head maned the puck to koivu and created a good 3 on 2 chance, he decided to hold onto the puck trying himself to make the play and he caused a turn over.

its almost as if he doesnt know what passing is. i like the guy, when he has the puck in the slot he knows how to find the net, but he has got to leave the play making to koivu and just concentrate on getting open.

the way he is playing lately is useless to this team. if he would start giving the puck to koivu and free himself in the offensive zone we might start to improove 5 on 5.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Hell Souray is a better stick handler than Ryder is!

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Hockeymom67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
That could be said for a lot of players over the recent games.
In total agreement

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 09:22 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhlGuy View Post
Hell Souray is a better stick handler than Ryder is!
He has improved a lot, hasn't he? It's incredible what a little confidence can do to a player.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
BadHabit

Does anyone think it's possible he's re-injured himself? I'm not sure myself.

The only thing I do know is that at the start of the season he was playing the best hockey of his NHL career. He was fast (for Ryder), had moves, back checked, played physical, and above all else he finished. Lately it seems that he has lost all of that and it's really too bad. I like him as a player, he was a hard worker with a great shot and an east coaster to boot.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 09:42 AM
One Trick Pony

I told you... trade him before his value goes down... Now we can maybe get back ribeiro for him..maybe

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
I told you... trade him before his value goes down... Now we can maybe get back ribeiro for him..maybe
who the beep wants Ribeiro back?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
mcphee

How 'bout we focus on some things he did well last night ? He worked well along the boards, something he's usually good at. He won a lot of pucks behind the net and took some abuse getting it to Koivu, which is pretty well his job in that situation. He drew a penalty thru hard work, a stat that gets ignored too often.

He scored a goal, he helped in the scrum getting the puck to Bouillon and scored because he went where he's supposed to.

Great deflection or garbage goal ? Depends on whether or not you want to support an opinion I guess.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:47 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
How 'bout we focus on some things he did well last night ? He worked well along the boards, something he's usually good at. He won a lot of pucks behind the net and took some abuse getting it to Koivu, which is pretty well his job in that situation. He drew a penalty thru hard work, a stat that gets ignored too often.

He scored a goal, he helped in the scrum getting the puck to Bouillon and scored because he went where he's supposed to.

Great deflection or garbage goal ? Depends on whether or not you want to support an opinion I guess.
This is all very true! I guess I just want him to start scoring some more goals - which I'm sure he does as well.

And screw Ribs - I want Perrault back!! I've been saying this for two years now!

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois View Post
Is it just me, or does he seem to be playing with less energy and determination than his first year?

I remember in his rookie season he was a crash-and-bang player with a great shot and good upper body strength...

Now it seems he has become lazier, relying too much on his shot, and his great linemates... which perhaps could explain his lack of production.

Now I understand he is a streaky player, but he no longer brings ANYTHING to the table when he isn't scoring.
The only major difference I see is that ryder is much more persistant in carrying the puck himself. He's got some sneaky moves but I'd much rather have koivu be the puck carriier than ryder. I understand that this isn't always possible but there are times when koivu is blatantly open and ready for the puck and ryder still refuses to pass.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote