HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#28 - 12/02/13 | Winnipeg Jets @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2013, 01:10 PM
  #76
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane One View Post
Considering Lundqvist is going to be a free agent, I don't think this year is the year to **** with him.
Non-issue. Henrik is not leaving the New York Rangers. He knows that, they know that.

nevesis is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:11 PM
  #77
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,435
vCash: 1343
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Non-issue. Henrik is not leaving the New York Rangers. He knows that, they know that.
Source?

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:19 PM
  #78
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
I hate Poo in the lineup. What has he done to earn it?

If they want to keep Richards on the wing, they should bring in a legit 3C. The fourth line should be Boyle - Moore - Dorsett. Third line Hagelin/Callahan-New C-Zuccarello


That said, they should be able to get a win here.
Good for Moore getting the promotion but I agree this was my thought as well.

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:21 PM
  #79
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane One View Post
Source?
You don't need a source to tell you that. If you've followed the Rangers/Henrik for the past 7-8 years closely, you would know how important the city is to him from a personal (himself, and his family) & business perspective. He has said it COUNTLESS times.

As much as he wants to win a cup, he wants to win it here. Not anywhere else. He will be re-signed and all of this conversation about him leaving will be chuckled about.

nevesis is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:21 PM
  #80
68Forever
Registered User
 
68Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 250
vCash: 500
Well the Jets goalie Pavelec, from what i remember, is awful moving side to side so hopefully the likes of Kreider and Hagelin can start driving to the net and making him move. He just seems to weigh way to much to be a starting NHL goalie.

68Forever is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:22 PM
  #81
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
You don't need a source to tell you that. If you've followed the Rangers/Henrik for the past 7-8 years closely, you would know how important the city is to him from a personal (himself, and his family) & business perspective.

As much as he wants to win a cup, he wants to win it here. Not anywhere else.
Not that I disagree completely, but for Devils Advocate sake...

What if he realizes he'll never win one here? Ever. Would he go elsewhere to do so? I believe he would.

Riche16 is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:25 PM
  #82
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,069
vCash: 500
Starting Talbot is the right move. Regardless of however the team in front of him is playing, one fact remains - Talbot is 6-1. Hank is 8-11 (? Off the top of my head). Talbot, as of right now, gives us a better chance to win. Ride the winning hand.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:25 PM
  #83
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Cam had 2 SO's and didn't get to play back to back. Clearly AV is not looking to stir a controversy. but with his W-L it makes all the sense in the world to keep playing him.

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
  #84
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
6-1 win coming. Another big night for Prince Cam, Kreider with 2g 1a, Stepan 2a, Nasher 1g 1a, Dorsett 27 Pims.

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
  #85
Hariken
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
You don't need a source to tell you that. If you've followed the Rangers/Henrik for the past 7-8 years closely, you would know how important the city is to him from a personal (himself, and his family) & business perspective. He has said it COUNTLESS times.

As much as he wants to win a cup, he wants to win it here. Not anywhere else. He will be re-signed and all of this conversation about him leaving will be chuckled about.
There's another New York team in dire need of a goalie...at this rate i wouldn't be surprised to see Sather go with Talbot 100% and let Lundy walk in free agency. The team will save lots of cap money and can spend that on scorers.

Hariken is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
  #86
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,267
vCash: 500
No one has addressed the obvious elephant in the room that is making Henrik Lundqvist a healthy scratch means a trade is imminent.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
  #87
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Oh! And Boyle gets slapped around by Bryan Little tonight. 3 games in a row.

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
  #88
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
No one has addressed the obvious elephant in the room that is making Henrik Lundqvist a healthy scratch means a trade is imminent.
Can you define imminent plz?

JohnC is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
  #89
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
Oh! And Boyle gets slapped around by Bryan Little tonight. 3 games in a row.
That's the real story tonight. Will Boyle eat a knuckle sandwich for the third straight game? Team toughness!

Crease is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
  #90
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariken View Post
There's another New York team in dire need of a goalie...at this rate i wouldn't be surprised to see Sather go with Talbot 100% and let Lundy walk in free agency. The team will save lots of cap money and can spend that on scorers.
Yeah delicious, overpaid, over 30, regressing scorers. Awesome.

Ail is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:31 PM
  #91
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Can you define imminent plz?
Not if, but when...

Ail is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  #92
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Or Brian Boyler learned how to box last night and he destroys Peluso/Thorburn and becomes the leagues new enforcer

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:34 PM
  #93
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Not that I disagree completely, but for Devils Advocate sake...

What if he realizes he'll never win one here? Ever. Would he go elsewhere to do so? I believe he would.
Some athletes never win championships. Life isn't all about winning a championship. He plays hockey for a living, he loves it with every fiber of his being. But at the end of the day, its just a sport.

A majority of his life will be AFTER hockey ends. He's not going to uproot a city he calls home, move his wife and child, and his entire way of life (and theirs) to go to a 'contender'.

As long as he is on the team, they have a chance to win it all. He believes that, and barring some unforeseen circumstances, the New York Rangers should be a relevant team always in the playoff picture as long as he is here playing.

Brian Leetch and Mike Richter had a conversation overlooking the city skyline a few years before 94' and Mike said to Brian…"Could you just imagine what it would be like to win it all?, here…in this city."

He wants to win in New York. No better place to win a championship. That is the challenge.

nevesis is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:36 PM
  #94
Hariken
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Some athletes never win championships. Life isn't all about winning a championship. He plays hockey for a living, he loves it with every fiber of his being. But at the end of the day, its just a sport.

A majority of his life will be AFTER hockey ends. He's not going to uproot a city he calls home, move his wife and child, and his entire way of life (and theirs) to go to a 'contender'.

As long as he is on the team, they have a chance to win it all. He believes that, and barring some unforeseen circumstances, the New York Rangers should be a relevant team always in the playoff picture as long as he is here playing.

Brian Leetch and Mike Richter had a conversation overlooking the city skyline a few years before 94' and Mike said to Brian…"Could you just imagine what it would be like to win it all?, here…in this city."

He wants to win in New York. No better place to win a championship. That is the challenge.
He doesn't have to give up anything to go to the Isles.

Hariken is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:38 PM
  #95
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariken View Post
There's another New York team in dire need of a goalie...at this rate i wouldn't be surprised to see Sather go with Talbot 100% and let Lundy walk in free agency. The team will save lots of cap money and can spend that on scorers.
Like Drury, Gomez, Richards, Redden, etc etc etc. . We got all those guys WITH Lundqvist. Why would losing him suddenly increase our ability to sign scorers?

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:42 PM
  #96
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariken View Post
He doesn't have to give up anything to go to the Isles.
His dignity. Which he will never give up.

nevesis is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:44 PM
  #97
NYR2047
Moderator
WebMD Trained Doctor
 
NYR2047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariken View Post
He doesn't have to give up anything to go to the Isles.
Except the chance of winning the cup

NYR2047 is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:46 PM
  #98
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariken View Post
He doesn't have to give up anything to go to the Isles.
In what ways are the Islanders in a better position to win than the Rangers? One player in JT? Give me a break...

McSauer is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:46 PM
  #99
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Goalie controversy? What?

You ride the hot player. Regardless of circumstances.

Henrik is our #1. Talbot has claimed the back-up position. There is no controversy. Only in some of your foolish heads.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 01:49 PM
  #100
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hariken View Post
He doesn't have to give up anything to go to the Isles.
And why would he go there?

I honestly can't think of one single reason.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.