HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team toughness

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
  #801
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
ok...what have we won since the 90's?
Not much (more than the Sabres, however). The dark ages teams were never short on toffness though.... It seems that when it's impact was lessened, the team started winning more. Your thoughts?

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
  #802
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,010
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
ok...what have we won since the 90's?
As many Cups as Montreal and more Cups than Buffalo?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
  #803
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
We should trade for Brian Campbell, Ales Hemsky and Mike Riberio.

That gives you PM dman, a scorer and a play maker...
Like I said in an earlier post, naming skill players that stink is akin to your naming goons that stink. I'd love for you to find the planet where I'd endorse the players above.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:41 PM
  #804
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Not much (more than the Sabres, however). The dark ages teams were never short on toffness though.... It seems that when it's impact was lessened, the team started winning more. Your thoughts?
Yea, keep bringing in more Martin Rucinskys, bro.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:44 PM
  #805
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You ask the weirdest/most random questions. Are you trying to insinuate that the Rangers haven't won a cup since 1994 because they're not tough enough?
yes, if we had Brian McGrattan and STeve Macintrye we would have won 5 cups.

you come on here and **** on what I have to say but you offer nothing in response.

I want a team that is blended with size, speed, skill and grit....I want Anze Kopitar and Dwight King...it shouldn't be so hard for you to understand but apparently it is.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:46 PM
  #806
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Like I said in an earlier post, naming skill players that stink is akin to your naming goons that stink. I'd love for you to find the planet where I'd endorse the players above.
who do u endorse...

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:48 PM
  #807
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
The top 10 teams in the league in fighting majors average 15.6 in overall league standings. The bottom 10 average 13.1.

Imagine how good they would be if they fought though...

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
  #808
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
who do u endorse...
I endorse removing the GM and getting a guy in here that commits to the vision of speed, skill, and grit. A guy that will do the legwork it takes to identify and target these types of players.

I've seen enough to know there is no silver bullet to these issues. And anybody who is currently available likely comes with several warts. A change would take time, commitment and hard work. Not exactly the strong suits of the current regime.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:50 PM
  #809
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I endorse removing the GM and getting a guy in here that commits to the vision of speed, skill, and grit. A guy that will do the legwork it takes to identify and target these types of players.

I've seen enough to know there is no silver bullet to these issues. And anybody who is currently available likely comes with several warts. A change would take time, commitment and hard work. Not exactly the strong suits of the current regime.
wow...look at that...we agree on something.

Go back 10 pages and I said the exact same thing.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
  #810
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
wow...look at that...we agree on something.

Go back 10 pages and I said the exact same thing.
You also tried saying the Jagr broke the Rangers scoring record because of Colton Orr, so excuse me if I disagree with you a lot.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  #811
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You also tried saying the Jagr broke the Rangers scoring record because of Colton Orr, so excuse me if I disagree with you a lot.
Yes. Orr assisted on all of Jagr's goals.

Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau, who played 141 NHL games and 634 in the AHL, said it's more about fighting serving as protection than the bouts themselves.

What does Boudreau know, right.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  #812
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You also tried saying the Jagr broke the Rangers scoring record because of Colton Orr, so excuse me if I disagree with you a lot.
Wait, is this something that actually happened?

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:06 PM
  #813
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Yes. Orr assisted on all of Jagr's goals.

Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau, who played 141 NHL games and 634 in the AHL, said it's more about fighting serving as protection than the bouts themselves.
How does fighting serve as protection, though?

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:09 PM
  #814
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,202
vCash: 500
If Colton Orr helps SUPERSTARS set scoring records, then I wonder why Pittsburgh hasn't picked him up yet. Crosby and Shrek will score 200 points each if they have the protection of the almighty Colton Orr.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  #815
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
If Colton Orr helps SUPERSTARS set scoring records, then I wonder why Pittsburgh hasn't picked him up yet. Crosby and Shrek will score 200 points each if they have the protection of the almighty Colton Orr.
already have Engellland.

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:22 PM
  #816
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
How does fighting serve as protection, though?
Maybe you should send Broadeau a message asking that question.

I get it...standing up for your teammates is a bad thing in all of your eyes...is it a coincidence that the '94 got it just right and haven't come close since...

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:26 PM
  #817
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
If Colton Orr helps SUPERSTARS set scoring records, then I wonder why Pittsburgh hasn't picked him up yet. Crosby and Shrek will score 200 points each if they have the protection of the almighty Colton Orr.
Not sure if you were around in 2007...but the Flyers and just about every other team were taking runs @ Jagr and just about everyone else on the team...of course we had no answers because Sather was in charge back then...we claim Orr...he drops Fedeoruk and all of a sudden the ice opens up a little more.

If you guys never played the game or any sport...intimidation at every level exist.

I am done talking about this ****...you guys win...let all be happy with a .500 record.

I don't know who is dumber Sather or the fans.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:28 PM
  #818
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Maybe you should send Broadeau a message asking that question.

I get it...standing up for your teammates is a bad thing in all of your eyes...is it a coincidence that the '94 got it just right and haven't come close since...
I think standing up for your teammates is fine thing to do.

But how does fighting provide protection? Are you saying it's a deterrent?

The Rangers won the Cup in 1994 because they had better hockey players than all the other teams.

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:29 PM
  #819
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Not sure if you were around in 2007...but the Flyers and just about every other team were taking runs @ Jagr and just about everyone else on the team...of course we had no answers because Sather was in charge back then...we claim Orr...he drops Fedeoruk and all of a sudden the ice opens up a little more.

If you guys never played the game or any sport...intimidation at every level exist.

I am done talking about this ****...you guys win...let all be happy with a .500 record.

I don't know who is dumber Sather or the fans.
That was almost a full year after he broke the record though.

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  #820
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I think standing up for your teammates is fine thing to do.

But how does fighting provide protection? Are you saying it's a deterrent?

The Rangers won the Cup in 1994 because they had better hockey players than all the other teams.
If a guy throws a dirty elbow to one of your skilled players because he knows there is no one on your team that can hurt him...you think he would be more inclined to do it or if there is a guy at the end of the bench who can handle you...u might be more hesitant to be a ******...

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:31 PM
  #821
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Not sure if you were around in 2007...but the Flyers and just about every other team were taking runs @ Jagr and just about everyone else on the team...of course we had no answers because Sather was in charge back then...we claim Orr...he drops Fedeoruk and all of a sudden the ice opens up a little more.

If you guys never played the game or any sport...intimidation at every level exist.

I am done talking about this ****...you guys win...let all be happy with a .500 record.

I don't know who is dumber Sather or the fans.
Jagr actually scored at a much higher rate as a Ranger before Orr got here, but why let those facts get in the way of a good tough guy fantasy.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:32 PM
  #822
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
If a guy throws a dirty elbow to one of your skilled players because he knows there is no one on your team that can hurt him...you think he would be more inclined to do it or if there is a guy at the end of the bench who can handle you...u might be more hesitant to be a ******...
I don't. When was the last time you saw a pest change his game because of getting a beat down?

Thirty One is online now  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  #823
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That was almost a full year after he broke the record though.
they were teammates in 05-06

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  #824
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
If Colton Orr helps SUPERSTARS set scoring records, then I wonder why Pittsburgh hasn't picked him up yet. Crosby and Shrek will score 200 points each if they have the protection of the almighty Colton Orr.
by this outlook the Rangers should have won the cup with Barnaby, McCarthy, McKenna, Simon, Karpa, Ulanov, Purinton on it throughout those dark years

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
  #825
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,666
vCash: 420
How has Detroit managed to have all this success over the years with such little reliance on tough guys?

Thirty One is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.