HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mon., Dec. 2, 2013| Flyers 0 at Wild 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
  #26
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Just got home. 4th missed game in a row, but I had a feeling based on what I saw in the boxscore that I wasn't missing much.
You missed an offensive lineman's version of a hockey game pretty much. It wasn't even hockey for most of the game.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #27
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Just got home. 4th missed game in a row, but I had a feeling based on what I saw in the boxscore that I wasn't missing much.
I missed the first two but the first thing the radio crew said was "it's a low scoring affair in Minnesota as it's 0-0...neither team has looked all that good this game"

Sounds like a good summary and typical of a lot of games this season. Both opposing goals came with two big name players being uncovered in front of the net so that's worth considering too. Hard to blame D in a shutout , but nevertheless.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #28
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Trade Hartnell please. With every passing day, it's becoming abundantly clear that they need a star wing. Jake hasn't taken that step to fill that role with Giroux.
With Harts NTC and absolute **** contract , close to zero chance he gets moved. Simmer has to go, as u can not have this two I. The same line up taking up over 9 mill in cap space. They bring zero to the game if they aren't scoring

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #29
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Oh and btw, notice how much the game opened up after the first Wild penalty halfway through the third? Now imagine if that crap wad called earlier in the game.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #30
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Near Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
The only reason a team would trade for Hartnell at this point is if they need a lockerroom guy. But that's about it

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:43 PM
  #31
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,704
vCash: 500
I'm not saying to blow the team up but I think they need to pay the price to get a real first line winger for Giroux to play with. What they have to give up to get one might hurt, but I really think it would be worth it to fix a huge hole on the team. There is no way they're going to be too successful with Hartnell and the current version of Voracek on the 1st line.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:43 PM
  #32
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
With Harts NTC and absolute **** contract , close to zero chance he gets moved. Simmer has to go, as u can not have this two I. The same line up taking up over 9 mill in cap space. They bring zero to the game if they aren't scoring
Yeah I didn't mean trade him for the upgrade. Just rambling on my part mostly.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:43 PM
  #33
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,650
vCash: 500
For some reason... I'm not even mad... maybe it's because I didn't watch most of it...

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
  #34
StoneHands
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 2425
Anyone else feel like they could have played 6 more periods and still not scored a goal?

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:44 PM
  #35
TheShaneTrain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: East Greenville
Country: United States
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
is there seriously not a better call- up option than raffl in this organization?

I mean, I miss mika pyorala and andreas nodl as much as the next guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

mcginn?
holmstrom?
akeson?
that straka fellow from preseason?
johnny hopkins?
sloane kettering?
****ING ANYBODY?!?!!!!111

TheShaneTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #36
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I'm not saying to blow the team up but I think they need to pay the price to get a real first line winger for Giroux to play with. What they have to give up to get one might hurt, but I really think it would be worth it to fix a huge hole on the team. There is no way they're going to be too successful with Hartnell and the current version of Voracek on the 1st line.
Any first line winger is gonna cost Couturier. Its the only piece worth it for another team. And that would make them worse overall given Couturier's impact on the team.

I would move B. Schenn in a heart beat though. The gut has been largely invisible all season, despite his moderate production.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #37
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Yeah I didn't mean trade him for the upgrade. Just rambling on my part mostly.
Ya I know. Part of my hate for a Simmer is I know we can't have both of them and are stuck with Harts. We need speed so bad in the top 6. Jake and G are decent, other 4 are below average and it is hurting us so bad.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #38
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 500
I don't see how some people can expect us to "stay patient" when this top 6 is an embarrassment in producing offense. (some of it is on the defense's lack of PMD)

This game really pissed me off, if ya couldn't tell.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #39
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
With Harts NTC and absolute **** contract , close to zero chance he gets moved. Simmer has to go, as u can not have this two I. The same line up taking up over 9 mill in cap space. They bring zero to the game if they aren't scoring
I don't even know if the NTC is the problem right now... the organization wanting to move him is the first step and I don't think they want to move him even close to as much (if at all) as we want him moved.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #40
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,883
vCash: 500
I didn't see the first period, but the wild were far from hanging onto this game lol

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #41
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaneTrain View Post
is there seriously not a better call- up option than raffl in this organization?

I mean, I miss mika pyorala and andreas nodl as much as the next guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

mcginn?
holmstrom?
akeson?
that straka fellow from preseason?
johnny hopkins?
sloane kettering?
****ING ANYBODY?!?!!!!111
McGinn has shown a lot when he has been given a chance to play IMO. Raffl has shown absolutely nothing

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM
  #42
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Any first line winger is gonna cost Couturier. Its the only piece worth it for another team. And that would make them worse overall given Couturier's impact on the team.

I would move B. Schenn in a heart beat though. The gut has been largely invisible all season, despite his moderate production.
I think Btayden and Simmer may get Jets talking about Kane ?

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM
  #43
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaneTrain View Post
is there seriously not a better call- up option than raffl in this organization?

I mean, I miss mika pyorala and andreas nodl as much as the next guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

mcginn?
holmstrom?
akeson?
that straka fellow from preseason?
johnny hopkins?
sloane kettering?
****ING ANYBODY?!?!!!!111
Comparing Raffl to Nodl is being too generous. Nodl actually scored 11 goals in 67 games one season.

McGinn in for Raffl is a no brainer in my opinion.

orangecrush8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  #44
Striiker
Orange and Black
 
Striiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I don't see how some people can expect us to "stay patient" when this top 6 is an embarrassment in producing offense. (some of it is on the defense's lack of PMD)

This game really pissed me off, if ya couldn't tell.
I'm right with ya, they need to at least shuffle the 1st and 2nd lines if they're not going to make a trade.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  #45
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 20,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I don't even know if the NTC is the problem right now... the organization wanting to move him is the first step and I don't think they want to move him even close to as much (if at all) as we want him moved.
Sadly you are probably bang on. Hell we all want just his ice time cut or away from G and we can't get it. A trade ain't gonna happen

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  #46
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Akeson deserves a shot. This team needs offensive creativity, and they have guys that can shelter his defensive deficiencies.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:49 PM
  #47
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Any first line winger is gonna cost Couturier. Its the only piece worth it for another team. And that would make them worse overall given Couturier's impact on the team.

I would move B. Schenn in a heart beat though. The gut has been largely invisible all season, despite his moderate production.
Schenn really needs to be on a line with Voracek or Giroux. I would put him with Voracek because of the chemistry they showed last season

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM
  #48
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I think Btayden and Simmer may get Jets talking about Kane ?
They can't do a 2 for 1 trade though. They don't have anyone that can come up to fill the left over hole.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:52 PM
  #49
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
I think Btayden and Simmer may get Jets talking about Kane ?
I like Kane a lot, and would do that trade in a heartbeat

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 09:52 PM
  #50
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 500
Sign gagne!

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.