HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Now that you guys have Nedved

Old
01-03-2007, 02:02 AM
DesiFever

vCash: 500
stoll isnt going anywhere...the oilers brass sees this kid as their future captain and you can be certain he wont be moved for an impending ufa...the way montreal is going right now i find it very had to see them giving up souray, markov or rivet (3 ufa d-men) unless they get an offer blowing them away. I see them re-signing Markov and possibly letting Souray walk as he is younger, will command less money and has a tremendous upside as he is a HIGHLY underrated d-man in this league. Believe me it will take more than Jarret Stoll to pry him away from the Habs.

DesiFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 02:10 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiFever View Post
stoll isnt going anywhere...the oilers brass sees this kid as their future captain and you can be certain he wont be moved for an impending ufa...the way montreal is going right now i find it very had to see them giving up souray, markov or rivet (3 ufa d-men) unless they get an offer blowing them away. I see them re-signing Markov and possibly letting Souray walk as he is younger, will command less money and has a tremendous upside as he is a HIGHLY underrated d-man in this league. Believe me it will take more than Jarret Stoll to pry him away from the Habs.
Yeah I noticed that on their board. There was some debate as to whether Stoll for Souray straight up was worth it. Wow. If that is what they want for Souray, he is crossed off my want list. No way are we paying that much for a UFA, without some kind of major cerebral damage to Lowe.

Best of luck signing Markov and Souray in the off season Montreal

Hire McLellan Draft McDavid. Solidify the D and G
s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 12:30 PM
BleedingOil

vCash: 50
Stoll for Souray..wow are you kidding. But I'd get rid out Horc and his huge salary for Souray.

BleedingOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 02:33 PM
R-MAN83

No but how about MAP and MAB for Souray

R-MAN83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Eshutz Escors

How about Stoll to LA for Visnovksy (signed through next year at 1.9 million)?

Eshutz Escors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Lowball
McRebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshutz Escors View Post
How about Stoll to LA for Visnovksy (signed through next year at 1.9 million)?
No thanks...Stoll will not be moved. There will be other suitable d-men available at the trade deadline for much much less.

Lowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Jet
Spoiled Rotten

vCash: 50
IMO Stoll is one of those players who is worth more than he is worth, if that makes any sense. Kinda like Phaneuf in CGY, you could try to make an even trade on paper, but what players like these mean to thier respective franchises overvalue them in the market.

I think when Smyth went down we got a taste of the kind of player and person Jarret is. He is a heart and soul future captain... one of few that can carry a team on his shoulders.

As good as Andre Markov is and as much as I would love a signed Markov on the Oilers, I doubt he would ever lead the Oilers or carry the team. You have to consider this when your talking trade.

I would do a Horcoff + pick for Markov in a sign and trade deal... but Stoll is not getting traded unless its a HUGE overpay.

As for the Souray for Stoll suggestion? Give your head a shake... prepostorous!