HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  #501
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
What is the goal of this organization?
For Ruben to make the next GM's job a living hell.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 02:40 PM
  #502
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,402
vCash: 500
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 18 Nov
Ryan Howard turns 34 Tuesday. http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...owarry01.shtml … The Phillies' five highest-paid position players are 34 or older.


So there's that.

usahockey22flyers is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
  #503
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Flying is expensive man. Those senior citizen discounts come in handy.

Protest is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  #504
chinatown81592
Knight of Beavers
 
chinatown81592's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Country: China
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...s-on-the-table

chinatown81592 is online now  
Old
11-20-2013, 08:22 PM
  #505
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
That trade doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. They're a very competitive team right now

Devastate is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 09:54 PM
  #506
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
I guess they're moving Miggy over to 1st. I don't know much about Detroit's prospects, do they have someone that can come up who can play 3rd?

The Couturier Effect is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 09:57 PM
  #507
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
I guess they're moving Miggy over to 1st. I don't know much about Detroit's prospects, do they have someone that can come up who can play 3rd?
I read an article saying they have a prospect named Nick Castellanos who could possibly take over 3B.

I actually like the deal for both teams.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-20-2013 at 10:05 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 10:07 PM
  #508
FlyingPhilly
Registered User
 
FlyingPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatown81592 View Post
Seems like a good trade to me. The Tigers can move Cabrera to 1B, fix their 2B hole, and free up money to sign their young guys. I guess they will have to replace Fielder's production somehow, but it is easy to replace Cabrera's defense.

The Rangers add power to their lineup in that hitters park and can plug in one of their many IF prospects.

If only RAJ would get fired...

FlyingPhilly is offline  
Old
11-22-2013, 08:21 AM
  #509
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
This is why Ryan Howard sucking kills us. People say no teams would take on a contract like that, but if the Phils put up some money there would be someone willing to. The problem is he fell off a frigging cliff, and what we apparently found out last year it the front office doesn't want to pay any portion of contracts in trades.

Protest is offline  
Old
11-23-2013, 06:38 PM
  #510
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
McCann to the Yankees. Thank God he's out of the NL. Phillie killer.

The Couturier Effect is offline  
Old
11-23-2013, 06:52 PM
  #511
GiggityGiggityGoo
Registered User
 
GiggityGiggityGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
This is why Ryan Howard sucking kills us. People say no teams would take on a contract like that, but if the Phils put up some money there would be someone willing to. The problem is he fell off a frigging cliff, and what we apparently found out last year it the front office doesn't want to pay any portion of contracts in trades.
God I hate Amaro. When he signed that extension, literally my 88 year old grandma knew it was an awful deal. Literally.

GiggityGiggityGoo is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 03:17 PM
  #512
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
So Amaro signs Frandson and tenders offers to Bastardo, Kendrick & Mayberry.

He's basically just bringing the same exact team back. At what point does he realize that the talent level is just not there.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
  #513
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
I don't mind the Frandsen signing but for God's sake, why Mayberry, Kendrick and Bastardo?

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 03:34 PM
  #514
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I don't mind the Frandsen signing but for God's sake, why Mayberry, Kendrick and Bastardo?
Doesn't mean they'll all be on the team next year. But if not Kendrick, who fills out our rotation? And it wouldn't make sense to let Bastardo go. Suspension or not he's been one of our only good relievers the last 3 years.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
  #515
Stonehands77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waltham, MA
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
I'm OK with Kendrick and Bastardo. Frandsen is "meh"...but Mayberry? Why on earth would you resign a guy who's 30, his numbers are going down, and his defense isn't great either? Find some minor league vet to fill the "mediocre right handed bench bat" for less money.

God, Amaro drives me crazy. What the hell is the point of bringing the same lousy team back? So much for "we'll start incorporating stats". Not that I thought that clown would begin going that route.

Stonehands77 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 04:18 PM
  #516
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Kendrick is garbage.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 04:19 PM
  #517
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
Doesn't mean they'll all be on the team next year. But if not Kendrick, who fills out our rotation? And it wouldn't make sense to let Bastardo go. Suspension or not he's been one of our only good relievers the last 3 years.
I know it doesn't mean they'll be here, but it guarantees the potential of them being here instead of letting them walk.

I can see your point on Bastardo, but for Kendrick, I'd have a competition for any of the young prospects in the system, whether it is Martin, maybe Biddle, any others. I don't think the team is going to be competitive at all next year, so why not? I'd sooner give Halladay a guaranteed contract for this year.

Mayberry is probably replaceable for much cheaper than what he would get.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 07:06 PM
  #518
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I know it doesn't mean they'll be here, but it guarantees the potential of them being here instead of letting them walk.

I can see your point on Bastardo, but for Kendrick, I'd have a competition for any of the young prospects in the system, whether it is Martin, maybe Biddle, any others. I don't think the team is going to be competitive at all next year, so why not? I'd sooner give Halladay a guaranteed contract for this year.

Mayberry is probably replaceable for much cheaper than what he would get.
I can see being disappointed with Mayberry. I have a feeling that the Phils like his defense more than the numbers say they should, but defensive stats are a little untrustworthy anyway. Plus he can come off the bench and some homers and I think that's something the Phils have been trying to find in free agency recently and been unsuccessful.

There's not enough major league ready SPs in the system to have a real competition. They have 3 rotation spots locked up, and there's no way the last 2 would be up for grabs among Biddle (who had an up and down year in AA), Martin (who most people see as a reliever), Morgan (who has health concerns) and Pettibone (who's talent is comparable to Kendrick).

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 07:17 PM
  #519
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
I can see being disappointed with Mayberry. I have a feeling that the Phils like his defense more than the numbers say they should, but defensive stats are a little untrustworthy anyway. Plus he can come off the bench and some homers and I think that's something the Phils have been trying to find in free agency recently and been unsuccessful.

There's not enough major league ready SPs in the system to have a real competition. They have 3 rotation spots locked up, and there's no way the last 2 would be up for grabs among Biddle (who had an up and down year in AA), Martin (who most people see as a reliever), Morgan (who has health concerns) and Pettibone (who's talent is comparable to Kendrick).
Pettibone would be a lot cheaper than Kendrick though, wouldn't he?

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 07:37 PM
  #520
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I don't mind the Frandsen signing but for God's sake, why Mayberry, Kendrick and Bastardo?
Because they have value. Mayberry is borderline but he can play all 3 OF spots and has RH pop (against LHPs), Kendrick as much as I despise him is an inning-eating back of the roatation guy who can be a swing guy in a pen if need be. Bastardo is a lefty who misses bats who probably gets exposed a bit in the Phillies pen, but on a good team, would probably showcase himself better.

Just because these guys were tendered, doesn't mean they will be on the team. If you don't tender them a contract you lose them as assets (Nate Schierholtz). There were a couple guys that were non-tendered that I would like the Phillies to look at- local guy Andrew Bailey one of them.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 07:45 PM
  #521
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Phillies reportedly sign Wil Nieves. It's a Ruben special. A negative WAR last year and a negative WAR for his career.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 09:02 PM
  #522
zarley zelepukin
Registered User
 
zarley zelepukin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Pettibone would be a lot cheaper than Kendrick though, wouldn't he?
Yeah but he might also not be as good. The Phillies aren't sweating a few million $. I don't think paying Kendrick for one more year is going to keep them from getting a good player that they would have gone after otherwise.

zarley zelepukin is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 09:10 PM
  #523
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Ellsbury signed with the Yankees

7 years $153 million.

orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  #524
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Jim Salisbury ✔ @JSalisburyCSN
Phillies announce they have acquired reliever Brad Lincoln from Toronto for Erik Kratz and Rob Rasmussen.

Noooo! Not turkey bacon!

jml87 is offline  
Old
12-03-2013, 09:42 PM
  #525
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Jim Salisbury ✔ @JSalisburyCSN
Phillies announce they have acquired reliever Brad Lincoln from Toronto for Erik Kratz and Rob Rasmussen.

Noooo! Not turkey bacon!
He can hit!!! Guess Nieves was a big league deal.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.