HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2013, 10:38 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
And my defensive rebuild is complete!

Five defenseman 100k each:

D : P : A
500:290:200
408:220:180
382:192:200
352:177:170
313:157:165

Now all I need is that the owners (both inactive) don't match my bids for a 1200 OR #2C and 1250 OR #1G, to go through and I'll become in serious contention to climb out of III.14
Wow! VERY NICELY DONE!!!

Old
11-29-2013, 09:25 AM
tescosamoa

I am waiting and waiting to jump back into the ufa for a quick upgrade of line 1 and 2 season. I upgraded my backup G's to start the season. First things first. I will be adding another 2500 seats to the build queue early next week before the cut-off so at the end of the season I will be over 10k in seats. Then I need to save up another 162M for the end of the season so I can add another 5k next year.

Old
11-29-2013, 05:43 PM
canucks357

Kinda f'd up my tactics and lost in the NC round of 8. The good news is the teams who made the round of 4 are mostly destined for the ChL which means I'll certainly make the CWC next year, at the very least.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:43 AM
tujague

Quote:

Now all I need is that the owners (both inactive) don't match my bids for a 1200 OR #2C and 1250 OR #1G, to go through and I'll become in serious contention to climb out of III.14
So that inactive manager tip is paying off? We should probably add that part to our guide on the first page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Kinda f'd up my tactics and lost in the NC round of 8. The good news is the teams who made the round of 4 are mostly destined for the ChL which means I'll certainly make the CWC next year, at the very least.
I did the same except we're on the round of 16 I completely forgot about the soccer NC. Just awful timing with Thanksgiving and all. I ended up using my friendly lineup with the backup goalie on Normal while my opponent (the 3rd best team in the US) used his starters on VH. I guess I should be happy that it was only 0-4

And I screwed up the U20 match today. I didn't realize that I needed to set those lines a day in advance. We're short one goalie, so I guess the game will be forfeited. Sorry Canada.

I'm kind of losing interest in soccer again. Watching the top guys buy ridiculous players really takes the fun out of it. And I'm including myself in there even though I have tried not to spend 3-400M on a player. There's really no way for other teams to compete. Its the same problem from hockey. The same problem we spent way too many posts trying to find a solution that no one liked. It's beyond ****ed at this point. And it's kinda stupid that PPM let this spoil another sport when it was obvious to some way back in the early days of hockey that something was wrong.

Old
11-30-2013, 09:08 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I'm kind of losing interest in soccer again. Watching the top guys buy ridiculous players really takes the fun out of it. And I'm including myself in there even though I have tried not to spend 3-400M on a player. There's really no way for other teams to compete. Its the same problem from hockey. The same problem we spent way too many posts trying to find a solution that no one liked. It's beyond ****ed at this point. And it's kinda stupid that PPM let this spoil another sport when it was obvious to some way back in the early days of hockey that something was wrong.
I agree. They need to ramp up costs IMO. That'd go a long way to cutting back on the gap and excessive player fees IMO.

Old
12-01-2013, 04:08 AM
fakezomg

Yeah, soccer is in danger of becoming stale for me as well, since I only have to make financial decisions twice a season. I save up a half billion or so $PPM bucks and then buy the best rated player on the market I can find for my currently weakest position. I have no need to look for prospects because that's already been taken care of between my academy and the bunch of youngsters I bought a couple seasons ago.

But then again, soccer is still more fun than getting repeatedly screwed in handball, whether its consistently bad pulls, four straight 1-2 star general sponsor offers, or purchased players unscouted qualities dropping drastically.

Old
12-02-2013, 08:00 AM
tescosamoa

2 more points and I have secured a spot in handball I.1 playoff's Just waiting for TF9 to finish in 8 days then I can start my second training camp. I have the coin saved up for TF10 and then a week later HR10 will start. That will be it for me this season on facilities. The big 4 are looking good. TF9,RF8,HR8,SA9 all done and currently building the next level. That RF is nice. I am now getting training up to .65 on game days.

And I finally pulled a player above 220. 233OR and low AVQ. But enough to step in and be my 6th best player.

Football. Almost halfway through the season and I am sitting in 10th place and 13 points up on 17th. Two major upsets by OG in the first half. Still need to pick up one more CDR and CM and then I am finished for the season. I think I have a shot at finishing in the 8-12 range now. So well on the way to accomplishing every goal I set this season.

Old
12-02-2013, 01:17 PM
canucks357

4-0 to start the year and have 2 of the top-3 opponents completed in the first four games... both on the road to boot. Rolling a pure-prospect lineup in the NC tomorrow. Hopefully my 1,000 OR 18yo recent-buy RD will break the 0 EXP goose egg. Man, how do you not play that guy in friendlies even? Sheesh!

Old
12-02-2013, 03:13 PM
idiroft

Hey guys,

what is your opinion on the regular season standings? I think with my current roster I can choose to end up 1st to 5th depending on how I tackle the games with my direct opponents. Should I make the effort the win games in the regular season or is it better to keep the players fresh for the play-offs?

Old
12-02-2013, 04:08 PM
tujague

Quote:
Hey guys,

what is your opinion on the regular season standings? I think with my current roster I can choose to end up 1st to 5th depending on how I tackle the games with my direct opponents. Should I make the effort the win games in the regular season or is it better to keep the players fresh for the play-offs?
Sponsors use your final ranking from the playoffs, so that should be the focus. BUT! A silver trophy is also very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakezomg View Post
Yeah, soccer is in danger of becoming stale for me as well, since I only have to make financial decisions twice a season. I save up a half billion or so $PPM bucks and then buy the best rated player on the market I can find for my currently weakest position. I have no need to look for prospects because that's already been taken care of between my academy and the bunch of youngsters I bought a couple seasons ago.

But then again, soccer is still more fun than getting repeatedly screwed in handball, whether its consistently bad pulls, four straight 1-2 star general sponsor offers, or purchased players unscouted qualities dropping drastically.
Exactly. Like I said,I have tried to avoid spending 3-400M on a player, but the other teams are doing it. I can't keep up unless I do the same thing. But that would just increase the gap between me and all but a few soccer teams in the country. I don't like the market/money playing such a big role in these games.

Old
12-03-2013, 01:09 PM
canucks357

Well, my hockey team is up to 15 NT players and counting. Kind of sad a few of the ones who made Canada's NTs... I mean, our academies must surely suck

Old
12-03-2013, 05:01 PM
tescosamoa

http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...ta=20131263076

The new and improved OG football club with my old geezers all playing...

Old
12-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Exactly. Like I said,I have tried to avoid spending 3-400M on a player, but the other teams are doing it. I can't keep up unless I do the same thing. But that would just increase the gap between me and all but a few soccer teams in the country. I don't like the market/money playing such a big role in these games.
I've lost a bit of that loving feeling as well. I'm definitely at the same point where I save and save, then spend, and repeat. The player fees are definitely impacting my decisions though. I haven't had the time to play the market that I (and perhaps we) envision that certain teams do, but its hard for me to flip a player for a profit after accounting for market fees and the additional salaries/player fees. I do need to sit down and determine my market strategy (i.e. what position to target) soon.

I let my starting LM leave town as a RFA for a fairly small return. It also saves me 200k/day in salaries and player fees without affecting my market sales. He was my last original player (and I'll miss him), but it was his time to go. He was at 26, 2/6, and earning a 40 IGR. His replacement is at 21, 4/6, and earning a 36 IGR (with slightly more shooting and 59% chem).

Today was not an exciting day in PPM for me. In hockey, I won my NC game 22-0 against a 1 log-in team. In soccer, I won 8-0 against a dead team. In handball, I won 50-14 against a dead team.

In hockey, RF-14 will be completed in 7 days and I expect to have the cash to start RF-15 immediately. HR-15 and SA-15 are currently under construction. With TF-15 completed and the arena at max capacity, it will soon be time to work on MnC and MdC and rebuild/reload.

In soccer, I'm waiting for my RFA situation to clear before investing. MnC-15 and MdC-15 are options. Lots of first world problems here.

In handball, my strategy has been to prioritize facilities and neglect stadium, players, and staff. My stadium is still at 800 seats. I have not purchased any players and I have spent a total of 40k on staff members. In facilities, I've focused on SA, then TF, then HR and RF. The other facilities have been brought to level 5. I'm one of 16 USA teams to have SA-10 under construction (with a lot of HFBoards teams included - see below).

The closest teams to SA-10 (in the USA) are: Last Place McGees (Obryantj) - 20 days, Microwave Repairmen (ngrover/redcard) - 22 days, Covington Rowdies (kytihu) - 25 days, Edison's Illumination Inc. (tujague) - 29 days. In addition, only two teams have SA-10 and TF-10 under construction; Last Place McGees and Edison's Illumination Inc.

Old
12-03-2013, 06:43 PM
tescosamoa

LOL Obryantj that was what I was thinking First world problems.

I will be joining you in 7 days with TF10 with the SA10 already under way. Since the pulls have sucked the only way to compete is to train a good team.

My day was good. Won NC with my b team. Smoked the 6th place team in football and locked my playoff spot for handball with a 40-29 thumping and I hit 20 on the shooting for the first time ever. So now I can coast into the playoffs and save energy.

Old
12-03-2013, 09:43 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
http://soccer.powerplaymanager.com/e...ta=20131263076

The new and improved OG football club with my old geezers all playing...
Out of curiosity, do you actually live in Orlando?

Old
12-04-2013, 07:23 AM
tescosamoa

Yes , and also about 2 hours east of where you live. So I combined the name of the hockey team from there with the city down here

Last edited by tescosamoa: 12-04-2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: .
Old
12-04-2013, 08:29 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
Yes , and also about 2 hours east of where you live. So I combined the name of the hockey team from there with the city down here
Oshawa snow bird!!!!

Old
12-04-2013, 09:44 AM
kytihu

My handball facilities are TF 8.5, RF 8.5, HR 8.5 and SA 9.5. TF 10 will start in a week. Had to wait early in the season to continue building my TF, which has put me about a month behind the TF leaders I'd guess. HR 9 will finish in time for the last 2 offers this season.

I'd like to get out of II.1 this season, partly because I don't want to have to deal with Obryantj next season. I'm also really high in OTR (relative to other USA teams I'm guessing) and would like to parlay that into a nice promotion-boosted sponsor offer. Then get into I.1 and just be competitive.

Let's see if tujague and I can arrange an all-HFBoard final in II.1.

Not sure who the runner-up would be likely to face in a promotion series. The bottom of I.1 is crazy packed fighting for the last playoff spots.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
My handball facilities are TF 8.5, RF 8.5, HR 8.5 and SA 9.5. TF 10 will start in a week. Had to wait early in the season to continue building my TF, which has put me about a month behind the TF leaders I'd guess. HR 9 will finish in time for the last 2 offers this season.

I'd like to get out of II.1 this season, partly because I don't want to have to deal with Obryantj next season. I'm also really high in OTR (relative to other USA teams I'm guessing) and would like to parlay that into a nice promotion-boosted sponsor offer. Then get into I.1 and just be competitive.

Not sure who the runner-up would be likely to face in a promotion series. The bottom of I.1 is crazy packed fighting for the last playoff spots.
Where the heck did you get all your cash!?! I have 9.5, 8, 8, 8.5 respectively.

Last edited by canucks357: 12-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM
kytihu

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Where the heck did you get all your cash!?! I have 9.5, 8, 8, 8.5 respectively.
I got lucky with some coaches early on when people were paying dumb prices for them. Sold a few of my higher OR/lower AQ guys too. I've made $20-25M in transfers. Spent $7M on two players. So net about $13-18M. Also finished high in II.1 in season 1.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I've lost a bit of that loving feeling as well. I'm definitely at the same point where I save and save, then spend, and repeat.
This is another reason why I've wanted to take money/OTR away from the top teams. But let's not get into that again

Quote:
The player fees are definitely impacting my decisions though. I haven't had the time to play the market that I (and perhaps we) envision that certain teams do, but its hard for me to flip a player for a profit after accounting for market fees and the additional salaries/player fees. I do need to sit down and determine my market strategy (i.e. what position to target) soon.
Yeah. I cut back on the fees, then immediately buy more players The big problem is keeping borderline prospects. That's what's really hurting. I've made the decision to avoid these, and mostly I stick to that, but some of them have been on the team for so long that it seems like a waste to get rid of them now. I might as well keep em around until I can sell them. But they'll never bring in enough to make up for the ridiculous fees! But but but.

I think I'm going to cut/sell some players to get my fees down, and then spend 3-400M on a player. Probably a CM.

Quote:
The closest teams to SA-10 (in the USA) are: Last Place McGees (Obryantj) - 20 days, Microwave Repairmen (ngrover/redcard) - 22 days, Covington Rowdies (kytihu) - 25 days, Edison's Illumination Inc. (tujague) - 29 days. In addition, only two teams have SA-10 and TF-10 under construction; Last Place McGees and Edison's Illumination Inc.
Edison
Illuminating
Co.

The EIC. *slaps OBJ in the mouth*

We have the same priorities for facilities. Although you have also built up your bottom 3. I've ignored those for the most part. Are you close to having the 50M necessary to build TF & SA 11? I'm at 32M right now. I shouldn't have a problem getting there.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:42 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I got lucky with some coaches early on when people were paying dumb prices for them. Sold a few of my higher OR/lower AQ guys too. I've made $20-25M in transfers. Spent $7M on two players. So net about $13-18M. Also finished high in II.1 in season 1.
And I kept getting lecturers and custodians Godot had the same luck with staff. Landed 2 coaches in one week once too. Needless to say he was at a financial advantage too.

Old
12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
tujague

Quote:

I think you should worry about Baltic Bradenton more than The EIC. I've been foolish this season with the players' energy. Just ignored it for the most part. I should have been running a defensive formation all season, but didn't even bother until 3-4 weeks ago. And I haven't even attempted to conserve energy through motivation either. So my starters are pretty tired. Once again I assumed that I would have better players handed to me if I kept building up the SA. Because I'm Thomas Edison and I deserve the best of everything. I have gotten a few good players, but nothing to replace my field players. The two new goalies have helped though

Old
12-04-2013, 01:50 PM
kytihu

Quote:
I think you should worry about Baltic Bradenton more than The EIC. I've been foolish this season with the players' energy. Just ignored it for the most part. I should have been running a defensive formation all season, but didn't even bother until 3-4 weeks ago. And I haven't even attempted to conserve energy through motivation either. So my starters are pretty tired. Once again I assumed that I would have better players handed to me if I kept building up the SA. Because I'm Thomas Edison and I deserve the best of everything. I have gotten a few good players, but nothing to replace my field players. The two new goalies have helped though
Yes, I think we're reaching the tipping point where new players are much less likely to just walk into most starting lineups. A lot of pulls in the SA 7-9 range have had a few months to train and gain experience. Time to bring whatcha got.

Baltic is looking tough. They finally got a GK too. Hopefully I don't have to face either of you till the finals.

Old
12-04-2013, 04:28 PM
tujague

Quote:
Yes, I think we're reaching the tipping point where new players are much less likely to just walk into most starting lineups. A lot of pulls in the SA 7-9 range have had a few months to train and gain experience. Time to bring whatcha got.

Baltic is looking tough. They finally got a GK too. Hopefully I don't have to face either of you till the finals.
If things stay like they are, I can throw my last game with the Coin Flips and maybe knock Baltic down to 4th

Since I know you're curious, my top guys' energy is 80-83. I fudged that up big time. Just a lack of focus for most of the season.

Closed Thread