Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5 wins in a row...again

Old
12-27-2006, 10:12 PM
gamera

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
5 wins in a row...again

second time this season the Thrashers are looking for that elusive 6th win in a row...

last time, the opponent for that possible 6th was Tampa and the result was less than spectacular; craptacular is more like it. We lost 8-0 and started a 5-game losing streak... and I was down there.

Now, I have a dilemma....once again, we're looking for a 6th win and yes, I am going to be at the game in Buffalo!!! OH NO!! I almost want to stay home...(not)

I am hoping to reverse the curse this time.

Last edited by gamera: 12-27-2006 at 10:17 PM.
gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Bonsai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
second time this season the Thrashers are looking for that elusive 6th win in a row...

last time, the opponent for that possible 6th was Tampa and the result was less than spectacular; craptacular is more like it. We lost 8-0 and I was down there.

Now, I have a dilemma....once again, we're looking for a 6th win and yes, I am going to be at the game in Buffalo!!! OH NO!! I almost want to stay home...(not)

If you want to talk curse, go to:

http://www.chicagocubs.com

Bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Blue32

Quote:

last time, the opponent for that possible 6th was Tampa and the result was less than spectacular; craptacular is more like it. We lost 8-0 and started a 5-game losing streak... and I was down there.

Don't worry...we also have the magical Russian Slava shirt which I wore when watching the game tonight.

SLAAAAAAAVA.
SLAAAAAAAAVA.
SLAAAAAAAAAAAAVA.

Oh wait....and AAAAAAAAH! HOCKEY!!!!!!! AAAAAAAH!!!!

Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Fravashis

Quote:

Its ok gamera, I'll be there too, theres no way both of us can bring bad voodoo!

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 07:51 AM
JohnnyAppleSeed50

We need 6, they'll do it - I'm confident...

JohnnyAppleSeed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 08:48 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I don't like the losing streaks, but these winning streaks sure make up for it. Considering how inconsistent the Thrashers are, it is amazing they are 2nd in the conference.

Quote:
yes, I am going to be at the game in Buffalo!!!
Two words...Anchor Bar. While not the best wings I have ever had(Pontillo's Sweat & Swear in Rochester), they did invent the darn things.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Shameus

Manasso, in one of the few times he has seemed to write lately, wrote about the Thrashers playing a lot on the road in the next few weeks. We only play at home 3 times before the All star break with 8 games on the road. After the All star break we have a 6 game home stand followed by a 6 game road trip. If the Thrashers can make it through all of this and still be in their current position of 2nd in the conference.....I think they are there to stay.

As far as the winning streak goes, if they were winning shoot outs, games 5-4 and 6-5 like that, that would be one thing; but they are grinding out wins and winning close games that they are battleing for. I say this one continues on past a 6th game and into the new year.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Wow, i didn't know The Trasher's were doing as great of late....Keep it up boys. Can't wait to see what your players can do in the playoff's for the first time.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Two words...Anchor Bar. While not the best wings I have ever had(Pontillo's Sweat & Swear in Rochester), they did invent the darn things.
You can get wings anywhere. For a real Buffalo treat, look for beef on weck: slow roasted roast beef served on a kimmelweck roll.

flerd_trandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:57 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
yep just had a beef on weck...yummy indeed!!

going to anchor bar tomorrow for wings before we leave for ottawa

Old
12-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Fravashis

Quote:
yep just had a beef on weck...yummy indeed!!

going to anchor bar tomorrow for wings before we leave for ottawa

We went there today, I tried to call you, but my cell didnt work in Buffalo, and I saw you from my nosebleed seats, but the ushers wouldnt let me down to talk to you.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Blue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
We went there today, I tried to call you, but my cell didnt work in Buffalo, and I saw you from my nosebleed seats, but the ushers wouldnt let me down to talk to you.
I just sent her a message so at least she knows you tried.

Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 10:53 AM
gamera

yeah well i didn't meet up with ANYONE from here...we should have said to meet at warmups cuz that's the easiest time (not too many ppl around the thrashers tunnel)

btw i hated that they put that stupid cover over the tunnel so we couldn't even see them as they came out

i thought we played a good game and, though i'm disappointed in the outcome, am not disappointed in the team

on to ottawa...

Old
01-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Jim Boeheim

Quote:
yeah well i didn't meet up with ANYONE from here...we should have said to meet at warmups cuz that's the easiest time (not too many ppl around the thrashers tunnel)

btw i hated that they put that stupid cover over the tunnel so we couldn't even see them as they came out

i thought we played a good game and, though i'm disappointed in the outcome, am not disappointed in the team

on to ottawa...
Jade and I went down to your seats to meet you 3 seperate times and never caught you. We asked other people sitting in your row if they had seen a Thrashers fan (wearing a jersey) and they said no. Then they said they killed you and threw you outside to the cold Maybe next time.

01-04-2007, 01:27 AM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Boeheim View Post
Jade and I went down to your seats to meet you 3 seperate times and never caught you. We asked other people sitting in your row if they had seen a Thrashers fan (wearing a jersey) and they said no. Then they said they killed you and threw you outside to the cold Maybe next time.
hmmmm

you musta went to the wrong section (105 row 7 I think) cuz i was hard to miss and everyone nearby was joking with me cuz i was really loud (all in good fun)...yeah, maybe next time ... dang!