HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

i say bye ryder and bye abby

Old
01-04-2007, 02:27 AM
jonny5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
well i'm new to this website, as you can, so i;n not sure if people have posted the same thing..
honestly, if your post doesn't answer my question, then don't post it at all....i guess you're one of those people who justs posts everywhere cuz you got so much free time on your hands...

so for the next people to post on this thread, plz answer my question
My answer is; you are very demanding, and pushy, for a poster who only joined this board 3 days ago. Take your time, to get to know a few people here, or you just might go on everybody's "ignore list" really quick.
BTW, dead subject, worn out and washed more than a pair of 2year old sh**y shorts!!!

jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Hockeymom67

I don't think so .......

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Getting rid of Abby = Dumbest proposal ever. Who are we going to bring up to replace him? And it's not like we could trade him for a better goalie. A package deal with Ryder + Abby atm wouldn't help us unless we got a star goalie in return for them. This way come playoffs we have 2 solid goalies. We already do though, Abby is a sufficient backup. So that having been said, we'd have to bring up Danis or Price or Halak. Danis has NHL experience but hasn't been brought up for a long time. Price + Halak = forget it, no experience in the NHL, would be too big a risk.

To those of you who say trade ryder, I agree with you. But you can't package him with Abby unless we'd be getting a substancially better goalie in return, good picks, or two 2nd liners.

Abby + Ryder for 2 solid second liners (one being center on our 2nd line, the other taking either kovalev/samsanovs place allowing one of them to move up)

Why would you want to get rid of Ryder/Abby when Ninimaa has the highest salary of any D man on our team?

Try Ryder+Abby+Ninimaa aka force them to take horrible salary.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Tuggy

Danis IMO is perfectly capable of handling the role Aebischer currently has with this team. A guy who will get the odd start here or there.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:29 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I would hold Abby for the year and let him walk this summer. At that point Danis and Halak can fight for the backup position in camp next season. As for Ryder here again is another example of the lack of respect he gets. He makes less the Sammy and has more points but heh let's trade him!! Give it up already.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Starscream

I dont' know why the Habs would want to make a trade right now that could possibly upset the chemistry of the team. I think the only trades you will see is picks and/or prospects for some UFA for a playoff push.

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:36 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I dont' know why the Habs would want to make a trade right now that could possibly upset the chemistry of the team. I think the only trades you will see is picks and/or prospects for some UFA for a playoff push.
That's the way I see it. If you're contending, you ride you're own ufa's, if you're not, you dump them. The trick is when you decide which you are.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
That's the way I see it. If you're contending, you ride you're own ufa's, if you're not, you dump them. The trick is when you decide which you are.
True but building and maintaining a good team is about making the right deals. I wouldn't exactly say that we are "riding" Aebischer. If a team in the West is desperate for a goalie and offers us a decent prospect then I don't see why we can't consider it.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
shimy1221*

we don't need abby !....1.9 millino dollars for someone whos not playing..we might as well call up danis, who i'm sure can play fine as a backup...there are a lto of teams that could use a decent goalie liek abby...how bout phoenix...we can get nagy..or sumtin like that

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 03:08 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
True but building and maintaining a good team is about making the right deals. I wouldn't exactly say that we are "riding" Aebischer. If a team in the West is desperate for a goalie and offers us a decent prospect then I don't see why we can't consider it.
Moreso our D men in terms of keeping them until the year's done. I agree re Aebi, I just don't believe he has value. Nothing wrong with him, he's capable, but I don't see him as an upgrade for a playoff team, and for a non contender, why bother ?

Injuries can change that in a hurry, but as of right now, I can't see who would consider him the missing piece to the puzzle.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote