HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roberts is on All Star Team

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 06:53 PM
gretzky99

vCash: 500
Roberts is on All Star Team

You would of thought my subject was libel had you just read it with no confirmation, or you may of thought this post was made 10 years ago, back when Roberts was good. However yes, this @ss clown of a player managed to make the allstar team. With a measly 30 points roberts made the allstar Game.

Heres a list of players that deserved it more (* are in East, all players on this list did not make it)

Milan Hejduk: a whopping 16 points more then Roberts!!
Brett Hull:His 44 points are 14 points more then the ***** show roberts
Ladislav Nagi: His 41 points are 11 points higher
Savard:41 points*
Weight:41 points
Demitra:41 points
Ribeiro:40 points, my god, hes got 10 more then Roberts*
Kozlov:39 points*
Morrison:37 points
York:37 points

Roberts is the 60ths top scorer in the NHL at this point, thats pathedic. I think it shows what kind of a circus this NHL. I'm using Roberts as an example, there were others that shouldnt be in there.

There were 10-20 players that deserved his spot more, how could the NHL possible justify picking him?

Old
01-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky99
You would of thought my subject was libel had you just read it with no confirmation, or you may of thought this post was made 10 years ago, back when Roberts was good. However yes, this @ss clown of a player managed to make the allstar team. With a measly 30 points roberts made the allstar Game.

Heres a list of players that deserved it more (* are in East, all players on this list did not make it)

Roberts is the 60ths top scorer in the NHL at this point, thats pathedic. I think it shows what kind of a circus this NHL. I'm using Roberts as an example, there were others that shouldnt be in there.

There were 10-20 players that deserved his spot more, how could the NHL possible justify picking him?
That will go down as your FIRST EVER HF's post ...

Well I guess you could have done better than that ... Leaf Fans didn't pick the team and in fact the Coach Quinn didn't even have a say in who was added as extra... The Fans vote for the Starting teams and that just becomes a popularity competition.....

Why do you feel the urge to hold us accountable with what the NHL did..???

Old
01-23-2004, 07:13 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky99

Considering half those players play are in the west I really don't see your point.Ok why is belfour not on the team he has more wins then luongo,why is mccabe not on the team he has produced much better then nick boynton

Old
01-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Rand

I agree Roberts doesn't particularly deserve to be on the AS team, but he's far from being the only one.
Look at the starting lineups, some of those players don't even deserve to be playing let alone starting.

Roberts is merely on of many.

It should be noted that Gary Roberts was not voted in by the fans.
Roberts was selected by the NHL's Hockey Operations Department in correlation with the NHL General Managers.

01-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Verbal Kint*

Mind clowing this Rand, its a waste of web space.

Old
01-23-2004, 08:18 PM
GoM

Why is he harping on us?

We support Gary, but it's not like we chose him to be there cuz we're homers or something

Old
01-23-2004, 09:58 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

dumb allstar game
what a waste of time

Closed Thread